I don't call him a manchild because he likes Star Wars. I'm a big scifi and manga geek who enjoys programming.
I call him that because of how he acts towards me. I'm aggravated that someone who I used to have long enjoyable conversations with is acting this way. And it applies to everything, even lab duties last semester! I even apologized and tried to refocus on the project, but couldn't work with him because he would be either silent or say a mean thing. I ended up going to another group for the rest of the semester. And yet there are times when I have talked with him and we get along great. Last year we'd meet up in the Dining Commons a lot and chat about everything from classes to personal life to politics.
Well, that was before Spring Break and when he avoided me for a week until he told me "I thought I was getting attracted to you", "you are my type, but", "if I were alone in a dark room with you I would, but" after I spent hours trying to find out why. Things have been painfully awkward since (it did NOT help that he told me I was much less mature than I thought I was, referencing my lack of friends and my pride about meeting a senator, and that is THE insecurity I live with every day - even writing it brings me a little to tears.) But we chatted after the vacation and he was amicable. He paid for a Japanese lunch where I did an intro on a programming language to help him complete a task I offered my assistance with. We both enjoyed it and had a great afternoon.
And now... now it's just back to how it was. I'm just really annoyed that he appears to be scared of my intelligence and attractiveness that he doesn't want to talk with me. I only call him a manchild as a last resort, since I am so sick of this evasion and I am sick of the excuses.