Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I confess that I'm feeling very much in the dark right now
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,441
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Oh... :(

I don't use my laptop in my toilet, so I can't concur for the "right now" part unfortunately. But being in the dark has its advantage, because when light appears you can see it brighter than it will actually be for a brief moment. :nod Enjoy, enjoy, as would say the waiter.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I confess I'm taking some days away to get my shit together. :fail

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

I confess that I'm feeling very much in the dark right now
Please be patient with me.... Again.
 

shinsengumi

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
1,443
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
being in the dark has its advantage, because when light appears you can see it brighter than it will actually be for a brief moment.
which will blind you :ohaielmo
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess that ,sometimes, words can hurt more than the cuts of million knives.
I know, right? And the closer the person, the more the words hurt.

I confess I shouldn't be commenting on old posts. :oh
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
I know, right? And the closer the person, the more the words hurt.
In most cases I agree, but there are times when people describe you as something close to a heartless and stupid monster...which I know I'm not...That's why it hurts...but I've learned to let it go, because an insult is the least bad thing I've experienced.


ps:...and yeah..you should avoid commenting on old posts :oh
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
In most cases I agree, but there are times when people describe you as something close to a heartless and stupid monster...which I know I'm not...That's why it hurts...but I've learned to let it go, because an insult is the least bad thing I've experienced.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've been called so many names that I'm surprised I haven't developed multiple personality disorder. :XD But I never care that much about someone who has nothing to do with me as much as I care for the ones that mean something to me. That's when it really hurts me, people important to me bringing me down.

Ancy, you are a great person! I love you. :hug Don't let people make you feel bad, especially when they aren't close to you.


P.S: Sorry. ._.
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,441
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
I confess that I don't understand anything. Mais je ne cherche plus à comprendre... il ne reste plus qu'à ravaler sa frustration et son dépit dans ces cas-là.

Une insulte... c'te blague !
 
Last edited:

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Read an article written by a journalist about the deification, outing, infocide and deconstruction of a good programmer.

It really hurts to read, because I have seen up close and personal the end of the process. The person does code and projects for the benefit of the community and genuinely for fun, getting stalked by crazed fans, told that your programming's "really not good"... you get forced in the circumstance where you have to run. So this guy did. The Ruby community freaked out and even blamed him for this. Now he's fading into obsolescence, as Klabnik, a roaring fucking asshole that deserves to be gruesomely destroyed, says things like "I am slowly, systematically removing _why from the project" and refers to him as like a jealous girlfriend. (Really. Anybody who tears down another to serve their own greed... should not be allowed to exist. Selfish fucker.)

You know what's gonna happen? This programmer is now going to be declaimed as a figurehead who really did nothing. With his face and name out in public, he's in trouble because job recruiters will stalk your web presence, and y'know what they'll find? Vicious assholes who say he did nothing.

How do I know this? My parents have been living this for over 30 years. Do you have any idea what it's like to fight deconstruction on the web? To fight people who say "xyz is an arrogant self-absorbed guy who does imaginative but useless programs"? To fight people who say "xyz sure likes to paint himself as a misunderstood genius"? It's impossible.

Your two choices are shoot yourself or live another day jobless and ignored by the world till death, when people look back on it as a pity and then forget it all.





I hate these people. I hate them all.
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Read an article written by a journalist about the deification, outing, infocide and deconstruction of a good programmer.

It really hurts to read, because I have seen up close and personal the end of the process. The person does code and projects for the benefit of the community and genuinely for fun, getting stalked by crazed fans, told that your programming's "really not good"... you get forced in the circumstance where you have to run. So this guy did. The Ruby community freaked out and even blamed him for this. Now he's fading into obsolescence, as Klabnik, a roaring fucking asshole that deserves to be gruesomely destroyed, says things like "I am slowly, systematically removing _why from the project" and refers to him as like a jealous girlfriend. (Really. Anybody who tears down another to serve their own greed... should not be allowed to exist. Selfish fucker.)

You know what's gonna happen? This programmer is now going to be declaimed as a figurehead who really did nothing. With his face and name out in public, he's in trouble because job recruiters will stalk your web presence, and y'know what they'll find? Vicious assholes who say he did nothing.

How do I know this? My parents have been living this for over 30 years. Do you have any idea what it's like to fight deconstruction on the web? To fight people who say "xyz is an arrogant self-absorbed guy who does imaginative but useless programs"? To fight people who say "xyz sure likes to paint himself as a misunderstood genius"? It's impossible.

Your two choices are shoot yourself or live another day jobless and ignored by the world till death, when people look back on it as a pity and then forget it all.





I hate these people. I hate them all.
Huh what ? Maybe I should read it again (but it's a veeeeeeeeery long article, I skip parts of the author's personnal experience, and I read quite quickly) but it seems to me that _why "ran away" before people admitted he was not really good at programming (but said that he was a great thinker). And he doesn't seem as bad as you're describing.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,290
Reaction score
24,923
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I confess I am feeling pretty optimist for some reason right now. Not sure why as a number of things currently suck in a few ways (the usual girl troubles). I guess it is good to be in a good mood against all odds lol.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Huh what ? Maybe I should read it again (but it's a veeeeeeeeery long article, I skip parts of the author's personnal experience, and I read quite quickly) but it seems to me that _why "ran away" before people admitted he was not really good at programming (but said that he was a great thinker). And he doesn't seem as bad as you're describing.
It's a poorly written article indeed.

_why isn't the bad one. Klabnik is, and all the other founders.

Why? It's clear the _why was outed before he removed his information. Whatever happened was clearly scary and something he realized he couldn't deal with, so he retreated. Now, long after he has left, these founders, the people who most likely outed him, are saying that he really did nothing. Because first it's "he's hard to deal with", then it's "he didn't program very well, but he had ideas", and finally it's "we all know that Matz did everything, _why did nothing."

It's deconstruction. When it finishes, you have become nothing. Do you think an internet savvy recruiter would ever hire anyone with these remarks littering their background?

That's why I would like those guys dead, because what they are doing is trying to kill someone to increase their own status. And it is death to lose a job and never be able to be anything again. To die on the streets because you can't afford medical coverage since you can't get a job, no matter how much you try.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I confess that winning in both art categories made me feel weird.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Why?

It's not like you had any real competition. Really. :mono
I don't know.Kinda feel like I'm dominating here and taking the fun away.I have the same thing in art classes,where there are already people complaining about that.While I like getting some recognition,I don't want to undermine other people's accomplishments.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top