Archived The Member Picture Discussion Thread vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

yeah, but I haven't had my graduation ceremony yet so I haven't worn the ceremonial robe thingy. :XD

but ur hair is so nice, why ya have to cut it off? my colleague's hair is slight longer than urs and I still rememba that he accidentally burnt a few strands while working even though he was wearing a headband. :p
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

cause the long hair adds to my intimidating look, i cant help it, everybody's been telling me to cut it off and look formal in front of interviewers. i wore this hair at one company and i wasn't picked even tho i aced the test :(

but he'll be back.......... just let me in a company first, after that it's back to growing :ossu
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

Yonie! :scry I always loved your hair! :comfort

be sure to post a pic of the new style though ^^
 

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

An yonie-kun, your hair is so pretty and now you wanna get rid off it? T_T
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

cause the long hair adds to my intimidating look, i cant help it, everybody's been telling me to cut it off and look formal in front of interviewers. i wore this hair at one company and i wasn't picked even tho i aced the test :(

but he'll be back.......... just let me in a company first, after that it's back to growing :ossu
Never understand those things: imo it's discrimination. Of course it's generally accepeted women have long hair. Having short hair certainly isn't a problem. But djeezes what is wrong with a man having long hair? Such decisions can never be founded on ojective reasons: unless the hair really isn't decent - but that's something that's also valid for women

@women/girls/female members: this isn't certainly an offence to you. But imo exlcuding a man because he has long hair - and worse is: it's an interview. Couldn't they have asked you at the interview: sir would you have any problems in cutting your hair off when doing the application? That's something I can understand

but imo this is DISCRIMINATION
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

but imo this is DISCRIMINATION

We have an entirely different culture about hygiene, koenosaki.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

We have an entirely different culture about hygiene, koenosaki.
I do understand that culture differs, no arguing about that

but an interview is supposed to know more about the person. I know companies have a dress code, a hygiene code, etc but in an interview they could have at least said: "hey you know your haircut doesn't fit in our company code, would you have any problems in cutting it off?" and then you at least know the answer and at least know what to do

but then again it indeed differs from country to country, culture to culture or continent to continent. So I won't argue anymore but I support yon...
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

yeah this one company i applied for told me that "would you change your hair if you got in with us?" and i said "yeah of course this was just a result of the late cramming from the thesis season hehehe" (<----big fat lie) but then they took a pic of me, part of the application, so i have long hair in their records, so when they'll evaluate the applicants of course my hair will be a minus :(

can't live with it, but wtf can i do? every company, every orientation, heck they even stress that at job fairs, that good grooming for men means clean cut. the look is the one that gives the lasting impression. so now i have short hair again :scry
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

but then again it indeed differs from country to country, culture to culture or continent to continent. So I won't argue anymore but I support yon...
I also support yonie. it's just that our culture is so uptight there's even a regulation on how to breathe properly.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

I also support yonie. it's just that our culture is so uptight there's even a regulation on how to breathe properly.
what the GLOCK there is???? :O
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

Yes. I'm surprised you didn't know anything about it. Or do you need a reminder?

"Wag ka ngang maingay!"
"Eto naman, puro ka reklamo humihinga lang ako a"
"Namputsa ang ingay mo namang huminga!"
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

to the people that can't understand, don't worry, i dont get it either :sweatdrop
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

*shocked that yonie can't get it*


@AishaClanClan

Did you do those graffiti or was it there before?
 
Last edited:

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

@aisha

What is that structure you are in in the last image? I first thought it was some kind of sewer but those are made of concrete. anyway it looks like a really cool hideout.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

ACC, what was your concept behind those pictures? hehe. You were under a bridge, right?
 

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

2 bad i have no scanner
 

lordHokage

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
4,697
Reaction score
421
Gender
Female
Country
Bahamas
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

GK, are you still looking for yourself? Nice shirt. :D

Azurel, your lil cousins and niece are so cute. Very nice picture. :thumbs
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread



Well, go ahead...
Take a look.

It's me.

</p>
</p>
</p>

Thrice.
AH! Where's the pics of you all ripped out and hot looking?? Maybe I haven't got to them yet...I know there are some. I remember from myspace. :D


Since we have kind of a hat theme going here, I might as well post a pic of me with my fav hat. It's a cowboy hat ( maybe Hermie and I will own ranches sometimes... )
Like DZ, I also love hats, but most of them are sports caps. I really would like to get a sixpence at some time.
DAAAW!! I totally didn't picture you looking like that. :o I thought you'd be way more...different!! But then I am almost always wrong, and was so in this case...as usual. ;)


By popular demand, another one. This one is under spoiler since it can shock younger viewers (maybe). So, my advice if you want to keep your mental sanity, don't click on this ! You are warned !



I warned you :D
You get the BEST FRO EVER award! Congratulations!!



 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

@mrmgomes
An Agent! Don't hurt me! Please~LOL

So any of your buds know MH?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The Member Picture Discussion Thread

@Kusachu, what were all those "cosplays" about?

mrmgomes, somehow I was reminded of ryk when I saw your pics :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top