Saw Macbeth the other day. It was one of the movies from 2015 that I was looking forward to see, and it was good mostly.
The visuals are some of the best I've seen in a while. I think it was shot in Scotland, and the scenes are just beautiful. The acting was pretty solid, Fassbender does a convincing Macbeth, and Marion Cotillard is also good as Lady Macbeth. One problem I have with her though is her accent, which makes it hard to understand what she's saying, and since it's Shakespeare it's not good.
It was a good movie overall, but I'm not sure if I'm too fond of such movies tbh. I had already watched Coriolanus in before, and I find that Shakespeare's plays don't really translate that well into movies. The language and the monologues seems a bit off, and don't really match the movie format imo, if you get what I mean. It's just off, plus I'm not that huge of a fan of Shakespeare .My favorite work of his must be Othello.