Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Teaser Trailer for Avengers Age of Ultron:

 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I had no idea Spader was cast as Ultron...
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I had no idea Spader was cast as Ultron...
Really? it was pretty big news and he was there at Comic-con with them. Stood out from the cast a bit but still.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Cowboy Bebop: Tengoku no Tobira :thumbs
Directed by: Shinichirō Watanabe
Screenplay by: Keiko Nobumoto
Starring: Kōichi Yamadera, Unshō Ishizuka, Megumi Hayashibara, Aoi Tada, Mickey Curtis, Ai Kobayashi, Tsutomu Isobe
Watch it if you like: Serenity, Guardians of the Galaxy

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 Slate:

  • Captain America: Civil War - May 6, 2016
  • Doctor Strange - November 4, 2016
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5, 2017
  • Thor: Ragnarok - July 28, 2017
  • Black Panther - November 3, 2017
  • Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 - May 4, 2018
  • Captain Marvel - July 6, 2018
  • Inhumans - November 2, 2018
  • Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 - May 3, 2019
Source: Marvel.com

 
Last edited by a moderator:

White Rabbit

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
546
Reaction score
112
Gender
Male
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Nice little moment when Cap manages to move the hammer a tiny bit and Thor stops smiling.
And I really like the creepy version of the Pinocchio-song.

Is Cumberbatch confirmed as Dr. Strange now?
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Not confirmed yet. In some article it said, that some producer said that if it were confirmed, it would have been announced right there at the event. But the rumor has been so heavily featured that I think it's more about negotiating the details of the contract rather about whether Cumberbatch does the role or not.

Chadwick Boseman has been confirmed as Black Panther though, and will apparently make his debut appearance in Civil War.

I seriously hope that rumors about Sony seriously considering lending Spiderman to Marvel's own films is true. Not only because of the general awesomeness of the idea, but also because his character arc in the Civil War is pretty damn epic.
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I think Black panther will be the MCU's Spiderman since they're focusing on him a lot in Cap 3 and a little in Avengers 2. As a side note Fast and Furious 7 trailer will be out in about 3 hours can't wait.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I'm really excited for the opening movies this Friday. The Theory of Everything, Big Hero 6, and Interstellar. :x3
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'm really excited for the opening movies this Friday. The Theory of Everything, Big Hero 6, and Interstellar. :x3
I'm looking forward to the latter 2; hopefully I'll be able to catch it in the next week or so.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
We'll watch Interstellar on the 16th. Paul Thomas Anderson and Quentin Tarantino both praised the movie.

I'm excited for PTA's latest movie as well. I hope it will be shown in Cinemas here.

 
Last edited by a moderator:

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Interstellar is not getting good responses though, we willl see
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell

Japan, Norway, Angola, Saudi Arabia, Czech Republic, Australia, Sweden. Woah so expensive! :o
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Whoa, where the hell did they get that data? It has to be outdated. It only gets that cheap if you're not seeing it in IMAX and during matinee hours. No one goes to a movie forgoing IMAX to save money, at least I wouldn't...
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I usually only see movies at the $7.50 cost cause Im insanely cheap and was turned off of IMAX after paying 20$ just to see Avatar in IMAX 3D on a Friday Night. Why so pricey.

I also like seeing movies in the day time when the theater first opens to beat the crowds, though on weekends that usually implies more families with kids at times...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I usually only see movies at the $7.50 cost cause Im insanely cheap and was turned off of IMAX after paying 20$ just to see Avatar in IMAX 3D on a Friday Night. Why so pricey.

I also like seeing movies in the day time when the theater first opens to beat the crowds, though on weekends that usually implies more families with kids at times...
$20?! The most I've paid for a 3D movie is $15
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Whoa, where the hell did they get that data? It has to be outdated. It only gets that cheap if you're not seeing it in IMAX and during matinee hours. No one goes to a movie forgoing IMAX to save money, at least I wouldn't...
http://www.reddit.com/r/australia/comments/22wreh/cost_of_a_movie_theatre_ticket_by_country_xpost/

Well the prices in that map are for regular tickets not IMAX. And it's the average ticket price for the whole country. Someone from reddit thinks it's low because tickets on rural areas even in America are cheaper.

Regular Tickets here are usually $4-$5 while IMAX is $11-$12. So the Philippine Regular Ticket Price is accurate.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
http://www.reddit.com/r/australia/comments/22wreh/cost_of_a_movie_theatre_ticket_by_country_xpost/

Well the prices in that map are for regular tickets not IMAX. And it's the average ticket price for the whole country. Someone from reddit thinks it's low because tickets on rural areas even in America are cheaper.

Regular Tickets here are usually $4-$5 while IMAX is $11-$12. So the Philippine Regular Ticket Price is accurate.
Yeah but my point is who is forgoing IMAX once they've seen it? Unless they have no other choice?
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Yeah but my point is who is forgoing IMAX once they've seen it? Unless they have no other choice?
I didn't know you're an IMAXtard.

There are still more people who watches in regular movie theaters than those who watch in IMAX.

I always watch in regular movie theaters. I think IMAX is overrated and I think it's not worth it. I view IMAX like modern monolith-like touchscreen mobile phones, an overrated status symbol that is not worth it.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I didn't know you're an IMAXtard.

There are still more people who watches in regular movie theaters than those who watch in IMAX.

I always watch in regular movie theaters. I think IMAX is overrated and I think it's not worth it. I view IMAX like modern monolith-like touchscreen mobile phones, an overrated status symbol that is not worth it.
wtf is an IMAXtard? It's the superior experience by far.

It's not like I'm seeking it out, my local cinema has both IMAX and normal theaters. It isn't a hard choice to spend $3 or $4 more for me.
 
Top