Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Who cares about the Force Awakens. Disney please, give this guy a budget!

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
Watched Divergent last night. Pretty great movie that makes me hyped to see insurgent this month. I would definitely have been Erudite instead of Dauntless or any of the others.

Movie only failed on being really predictable at the beginning and kind of putting most of the important story climactic action in the last 15 minutes :(, so it ended up feeling abit rushed.
Insurgent was disappointing :p (but I compare to the books so yeah maybe different POV)
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Teaser for SPECTRE:

 
Last edited by a moderator:

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just watched Last Knights, and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. 7.5/10
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I saw Antichrist by Lars von Trier at the Philosophical Film Festival we had at uni, it's a movie that me and my colleagues spend the next night debating over, yes we spend a whole night after we watched it DEBATING about it, it's a fucking masterpiece of NATURALISM! I'm about to see it today again it's just so real talking about themes that are far form real, it manages to bring in realism that comes from within, it really SPEAKS to the viewer.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Don't waste your time or money watching Seventh Son. There were few known and big names in the movie but it failed on so many fronts.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Saw Fast and Furious last night. It definitely is the most fast and furious film in the franchise. I rather enjoyed it, can't say the same about the person I went with. It's not really a film you'd go to see for a scintillating script, but more for the action and in that aspect, it doesn't disappoint.

There are a few funny moments too, with The Rock and also Tyrese as always, and of course a quite moving ending to remember Paul Walker, that left a few people quite teary, so be warned.
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Don't waste your time or money watching Seventh Son. There were few known and big names in the movie but it failed on so many fronts.
Agree! I think Jeff Bridges becomes really annoying to watch/listen to after a few films, and Juliane Moore is a hag. enough said about her. lol Oh and the film was cheesy and terrible.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Last edited by a moderator:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I know right? The first one was bit of an downer for me, but with this one I'm all aboard the hype train once again! Watched it like 20 times or something. Some epic shots there. Wondering who the voice over is, is it the lines from Return of the Jedi, when Luke tell Leia she is his sister?
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
you know it must be good when gary gets all religious and shiet:p
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I know right? The first one was bit of an downer for me, but with this one I'm all aboard the hype train once again! Watched it like 20 times or something. Some epic shots there. Wondering who the voice over is, is it the lines from Return of the Jedi, when Luke tell Leia she is his sister?
Really? I thought the first trailer was amazing as well, but this one turns it up to 11...

Sounds like Luke to me...but yeah, it definitely sounds "young" or something. Don't think it's from RotJ, since he mentions his sister having "it".

you know it must be good when gary gets all religious and shiet:p
it's an expression nerd....

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Ah yeah Ust, you were right. It's from RotJ...
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
That Silver Stormtrooper though...:zomg.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Chrome Trooper is the code name I hear. And the rumor has it it's Gwendoline Christie (Brienne) in that armor :zomg
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I'm also curious if we saw Adam Driver there in the trailer. I thought that it was totally believable that she was the Sith in the first trailer since her movements were really similar to Brienne's.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I think Driver is Kylo Ren (the Sith), but it would be totally fricking amazing, if the Sith was actually Christie - It would be so cool, if the lead character and the villain were both females. (I'm feeling, that of the new main 3, Daisy Ridley's character is the "lead" one)

But yeah, actors/actresess whose roles are still a mystery include Domhal Gleeson, Driver and Christie. Also Nyon'go, Serkis and Von Sydow, but t of the latter three there have been more rumors floating around.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I think Driver is Kylo Ren (the Sith), but it would be totally fricking amazing, if the Sith was actually Christie - It would be so cool, if the lead character and the villain were both females. (I'm feeling, that of the new main 3, Daisy Ridley's character is the "lead" one)

But yeah, actors/actresess whose roles are still a mystery include Domhal Gleeson, Driver and Christie. Also Nyon'go, Serkis and Von Sydow, but t of the latter three there have been more rumors floating around.
Ah they have a name for him, eh? I know JJ had that trading card thing, but I only remember Oscar Isaac's character being named. :XD

Kind of seems like a waste for Driver...I mean he has the build to be a pretty interesting villain, but if he stays all masked and enigmatic the whole time, it'd be a bit weird...dunno. Why not just cast a stunt actor?

Honestly it's all a mystery still, even for the actors we see. I saw something that sort of posed the movie as having 3 main leads, Ridley, Boyega, and someone else (might have been Gleeson). But could very well be.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Well from the panel today, I was left with the impression that main three is Rey (Daisy Ridley), Finn (John Boyega) and Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac). Then Kylo Ren was named, but no actor given. Actually the fact that they decided not to say who does Kylo is interesting, why not? If he is actually a she, Christie, that alone would be reason enough. Though, to keep the figure enigmatic behind the mask, it also makes sense not to announce the casting.
 
Top