Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I watched The Duff, I have to say that it wasn't that bad, considering the obvious, in that it was a third class movie.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,242
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell


Jubilee (Lana Condor) and Jean Grey (Sophie Turner), X-Men: Apocalypse
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I actually watched Phase 1 of the MCU and everything so far for Phase 2 and then, proceeded with "Age of Ultron". In all actuality, Marvel has created a nice build of characters and story lines. Some of them aren't perfect, but overall together, it's a nice universe they've established this far.

I'd say, "Age of Ultron" was definitely a great sequel to "Avengers", especially considering the returning of the Avenger's team as well as new characters, creating a easy story to follow and trying to pull all this off in a mere 2 plus hours. Not an easy task and I can see why, Whedon decided to not direct "Infinity War, Parts 1 & 2", that's way too much pressure even for him.

Ultron was also a much better villain than Loki, but I'm still waiting for Thanos to kick some a**.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I guess Age of Ultron is pretty cool.. but the romantic subplot is somewhat unnecessary.
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I watched Nightcrawler (2014) it was extremely disappointed. I will commend Jake for his acting in the movie, however the movie itself sucked.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I watched Nightcrawler (2014) it was extremely disappointed. I will commend Jake for his acting in the movie, however the movie itself sucked.
I like it a lot. I never heard about news-mongering business before I saw it, so it was a refreshing experience for me. Sure, one could argue the entire plot line sucks (though I disagree) but to me the main attraction of that movie was Jake's character. He's so creepy and repulsive, and I was totally invested in his character.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,072
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Saw Age of Ultron, left the theater weeping. My creys.
Why they kill my husbando and not the arrow guy, they were building up his death and everything?! At least the sister survived but still, to die from a machine gun, awful

Thor is still the best Avenger followed by Captain America but Captain America needs a huge powerup.

Can someone explain the scene in the credits?
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,242
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Can someone explain the scene in the credits?
According to Wikipedia: In a mid-credits scene, Thanos retrieves an Infinity Gauntlet and vows to hunt for the Infinity Stones personally.

It's just a setup for Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and 2 I guess.

It was teased in San Diego Comic Con:

 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/05/star-wars-the-force-awakens-vanity-fair-cover

Force Awakens heavily featured in Vanity Fair. Great cover picture, behind-the-scenes video and other nice photos. Confirms such rumors as Kylo Ren (The Sith) is played by Adam Driver and Lupita Nyon'go plays a motion-capture character, some sort of an influencal space pirate/crook/criminal. The gallery of characters from her hide-out is pretty cool looking, very old-school Star Wars.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Also confirmed, that the Chrome trooper is called Captain Phasma and is played by Gwendoline Christie.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Interesting that Kylo has been unmasked already. That's kind of a first....makes me wonder if he'll actually be a "bad guy" when it's all said and done. Meanwhile, Phasma is still masked. Interesting...
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Interesting that Kylo has been unmasked already. That's kind of a first....makes me wonder if he'll actually be a "bad guy" when it's all said and done. Meanwhile, Phasma is still masked. Interesting...
With a name like "Captain Phasma", I don't expect her to be much more than an expendable character, a secondary villain. There are already many rumors online.
The most interesting one is about Kylo killing Han Solo. I seriously doubt anyone will have the guts to kill Han Solo in the scenario. He is the most beloved character and he is interpreted by the biggest star. But well, since game of thrones, killing beloved characters is the new thing :). But as a scenarist or a realisator, I would truly fear the reactions of the fanboys if I pulled that off.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Not sure why you would think that. Of course, plenty of characters aren't "main" players, and can therefore be considered expendable. But why go out of their way to give Phasma a special suit and position? I was just musing about the fact that the Sith baddie is already unmasked in promo pics, but she isn't. Could go either way, but I hope we get something less conventional as far as storytelling goes.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I've ended up reading lot of these rumors, and as lot of them have become confirmed with the trailers and announcements, I feel like have ruined the movie for myself with that.

Rumors considering how bad Kylo Ren actually is;

I've now twice read scene descriptions, where Kylo is told to activate some sort of an super weapon, and he hesitates with the big bad guy (rumored to be called Uber, played by Andy Serkis) needing to order him again -"Now isn't the time to get sentimental" line was mentioned in both of these descriptions. Suggesting that someone Kylo cares for/is related to is in the fortress they are about to destroy. Most common speculation being, that he is actually Reys brother or cousin (and that Reys surname is actually Solo). Lot of the things I've read have turned out to be real or very close, so I don't doubt Kylo Ren is actually a rather conflicted character, eventually turning to be good guy possibly.

Rumors I've read on Captain Phasma

She is the commanding officer of Finn (John Boyega), a deserting Stormtrooper. And she is bent on getting him back and showing what deserters deserve.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Hmm, I really wanna hear more about Max Von Sydows character. He is one of thoese legendary actors, who are not as widely known names, as they should be.

About the rumors of the confirmed actors, with no confirmed roles yet (Andy Serkis, Domhall Gleeson, Max Von Sydow)

So, it is said Andy Serkis plays Uber, the new Emperor kind of character, the big bad pulling the strings. Possibly the figure on the podium in the new teaser.

Domhall Gleeson plays "The General", a high ranking officer in the New Order, just under Uber. Lot of speculation who this general actually is, most common being in that he is Lukes son and is an double-agent.

Max Von Sydow is said to play an old-cyborg, who is close to Rey in Jakka, sort of an mentor figure. And that he is an veteran from the wars during the original trilogy. And that he holds a key to many secrets, as he know things about the Empire, Vader, and Luke Skywalker.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Max Von Sydow is said to play an old-cyborg, who is close to Rey in Jakka, sort of an mentor figure. And that he is an veteran from the wars during the original trilogy. And that he holds a key to many secrets, as he know things about the Empire, Vader, and Luke Skywalker.
I wonder if he's taking the place of Wedge Antilles? Denis Lawson was asked to reprise his role, but declined...seemed rather annoyed with even being asked for some reason.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
iirc....an associate told me some years ago about some cyborg jedi living in isolation on a planet sort of like what yoda did.
didn't really think much of it back then because he tends to tell lies:gnut
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I wonder if he's taking the place of Wedge Antilles? Denis Lawson was asked to reprise his role, but declined...seemed rather annoyed with even being asked for some reason.
Now that I check more about that guy, I'm surprised to learn that in real life, Wedge Antilles is Obi Wan's uncle.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Now that I check more about that guy, I'm surprised to learn that in real life, Wedge Antilles is Obi Wan's uncle.
Ah yeah, I remember hearing about that...

Still, not sure why he declined the offer to return. He was rather rude about it as well.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Didn't even know he was asked and declined. Seems he also declined to appear in Return of the Sith. What I found about that is that "he would have been bored". So makes it sound like a cameo instead of an actual role. Or maybe he just doesn't want to be "that guy from Star Wars". But I don't know, Von Sydow is also signifigantly older than Lawson, by 20-years, so he is a too old for Wedge. Unless of course they go for heavily war damaged Wedge.

Also, the supposed concept art of his character, doesn't look much like Wedge. Though it doesn't look much like Von Sydow either.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Didn't even know he was asked and declined. Seems he also declined to appear in Return of the Sith. What I found about that is that "he would have been bored". So makes it sound like a cameo instead of an actual role. Or maybe he just doesn't want to be "that guy from Star Wars". But I don't know, Von Sydow is also signifigantly older than Lawson, by 20-years, so he is a too old for Wedge. Unless of course they go for heavily war damaged Wedge.

Also, the supposed concept art of his character, doesn't look much like Wedge. Though it doesn't look much like Von Sydow either.
Ah, well I didn't literally mean that they recast him as Wedge. I meant that the description for von Sydow's character sounds a lot like someone like Wedge.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
The Tale of tales

Looks interesting to say the least.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top