Wasn't aware of this movie being made, but it seems like Tom Hardy turned down Suicide Squad for this role, apparently. Reminds me a lot of Man in the Wilderness. Seems like it has the same inspiration with the story of Hugh Glass.
I was with it until I saw too many shots of his eyes...the contacts are horrible. Sort of with MM here, could be great, could be bad.
Seems like a lot of the supposed appeal of Depp's work is the sort of transformations he goes through for his roles...but whether it's believable or not doesn't necessarily make it a movie worth seeing. And I've sort of felt this way about him for a while now.
Some of the trailers i found interesting in the last month or so:
I watched the Entourage movie in hope that in spirit, it would reconnect to the first few seasons where the genre "satire" could be applied a bit to the show but it was one of the worst things i have watched in a while, holy shit. It makes me question whether my view of the show was accurate in the first place and whether i maybe mistook instant gratification in form of easy girls, cars, yachts and whatnot with satire, back then i thought that they can´t be serious which made it funny but this movie seemed dead serious in portraying the lifestyle as something everyone wants and needs.
Some of the trailers i found interesting in the last month or so:
I watched the Entourage movie in hope that in spirit, it would reconnect to the first few seasons where the genre "satire" could be applied a bit to the show but it was one of the worst things i have watched in a while, holy shit. It makes me question whether my view of the show was accurate in the first place and whether i maybe mistook instant gratification in form of easy girls, cars, yachts and whatnot with satire, back then i thought that they can´t be serious which made it funny but this movie seemed dead serious in portraying the lifestyle as something everyone wants and needs.
Entourage got Ari Gold and that's it, the rest is garbage. I find all the main characters to be absolutely unbearable. Again, Ari Gold made it watchable because he is an awesome character but my god, the others ...
Ant-Man, was better than expected, suprisingly the
ending spoiler from the movie didn't take away from Paul Rodd's character. So far everything he's done is redeamable, wish they will give some more negative development in the future, considering Lang is supposed to be the irredeamable one.
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation: What a great movie again, Cruise has always accompanied an enjoable experience for the last couple of years, Oblivion excluded, yet I may give it another take as it's sound and visuals were leaps over it's plot. . So much action during the first hour, that the
exposition scene in the dark room with golden lamps
, made me nearly fall asleep.
Terminator Genisys was another suprise, feeling far different from the many negative reviews. Sure the Connor spoiler in the trailer was disaster PR/word-to-mouth wise, nonetheless it didn't really just follow through the first two movies. The alternative universe aspect was refreshing, Pops was great, Jai Courtney was endurable most of the time and even had a joke on himself somewhere in the movie, but he's no replacement for Michael Biehn. Matt Smith had the short end of the stick and I'm totally okay with Byung-hun Lee playing any role . Sure plot holes are here and there, but that's not what we are here for anyway.
Seen the live action adaption to Tokyo Tribe, directed by Suicide Club writer & director Shion Sono. Much of the dialogue and introductions, even discussions are rapped/sang, every group has it's own extreme trait, everything is a bit to the extreme, but worth a watch is you get the chance to see it. In japanese with subtitles of course.
Yeah, story and genre wise quite the difference. But it's sort funny, and both are similar in the sense that the method of execution is paying tribute to old school film making. Hatefull 8 with it's super wide film and Star Wars with extented use of practical effects and props.
I watched the Korean film - Oldboy, gotta say I should have taken MM's advice and get into Asian cinema a lot quicker.
The film makes you reflect on your own being and existence, you would be staring into the abyss long after you've seen this masterpiece. It's just a tragic story that is bumped up together into an art film with loads of Freudian overtones.
I watched the Korean film - Oldboy, gotta say I should have taken MM's advice and get into Asian cinema a lot quicker.
The film makes you reflect on your own being and existence, you would be staring into the abyss long after you've seen this masterpiece. It's just a tragic story that is bumped up together into an art film with loads of Freudian overtones.
Oldboy is a classic, such an awesome movie. My favorite movie quote comes from it:
"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone"
The ending is fucked up, but I love it.
I suggest watching Park's other movies, Sympathy for Mr Vengeance, and Lady vengeance, although Oldboy is his masterpiece imo. Stay away from Thirst, it's a boring vampire movie.
Oldboy is a classic, such an awesome movie. My favorite movie quote comes from it:
"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone"
The ending is fucked up, but I love it.
I suggest watching Park's other movies, Sympathy for Mr Vengeance, and Lady vengeance, although Oldboy is his masterpiece imo. Stay away from Thirst, it's a boring vampire movie.
Lady Vengeance is my favorite one, it´s an even more personal story of a woman who is stuck between the need for revenge and the search for redemption, and stylistically speaking, it seemed Park was even more in his element.
I would also recommend Joint Security Area, shows how fucked up the relations between North and South Korea is.
Thirst is not something you have to watch but i found it ok, the actors were really good.
I watched the Korean film - Oldboy, gotta say I should have taken MM's advice and get into Asian cinema a lot quicker.
The film makes you reflect on your own being and existence, you would be staring into the abyss long after you've seen this masterpiece. It's just a tragic story that is bumped up together into an art film with loads of Freudian overtones.