Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I’m currently watching Crimson Peak. I must admit that the movie has captivated me…I already have some many questions and I hope they are answered before the movie ends. So far, the characters have been interesting and the story has been intriguing. I hope it continues that way.
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Spectre was definitely not as good as Skyfall.

The latest Hunger Games movie was okay. Action was decent and the story was fairly predictable.
 
Last edited:

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
I'd say that Spectre was more disappointing than Skyfall, which was already kinda disappointing. For me Casino Royale is still the best Bond movie, period.

The first half of Spectre was ok, but just when Lea Seydoux showed up things started going downhill.And the villain is a joke really, such a disappointing villain. The actor is good though, but there really wasn't much to work with. The torture scene if we can call it that was also disappointing. The one in Casino royale was much better.:derp
Also the action overall while it can be spectacular doesn't make much sense. There's a big explosion in the Moroccan desert in the final half of the movie, while it is now considered the biggest explosion to appear in a Hollywood movie, the chain of events leading to it doesn't really explain it imo.

Anyway the story is pretty weak, the villain's plan is laughable, nothing that would explain why he would go to such length to harm James. Lea Seydoux's character is a pale copy of Vesper Lynd, she also looks more like Bond's daughter than anything else.She's also a terrible actress, it often felt like she was just reciting her lines, and not actually acting, but that's not really news for me since I already saw her in other movies, and she just sucks in general. Actually it would have been more interesting if Monica Belluci's character was the main love interest for Bond, and she's a better actress overall than Seydoux. There were some funny bits, and overall Craig's performance is good. But the plot is so weak it barely holds any interest, so it starts to be boring by the second half of the movie which is pretty long too.

Crimson peak was surprisingly good, I was initially interested in it because of the visuals, and the Victorian setting(and because of Tom Hiddleston). While it is described as a horror movie, it's not that scary, and is actually more of a thriller . Overall it was a good movie.

I gotta admit the only movie I'm really looking forward to watch this year is Macbeth.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell

:pogchamp
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Just saw the civil war trailer... I was somewhat underwhelmed by it. I thought the movie would be about the actual civil war between avengers over the hero registration act or whatnot. Captain america against and toni in favor. That probably is a factor however the actual trailer appears to be about captain america protecting bucky. And no sight of spiderman either, I thought he'd appear in the trailer.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Just saw the civil war trailer... I was somewhat underwhelmed by it. I thought the movie would be about the actual civil war between avengers over the hero registration act or whatnot. Captain america against and toni in favor. That probably is a factor however the actual trailer appears to be about captain america protecting bucky. And no sight of spiderman either, I thought he'd appear in the trailer.
The MCU isn't big enough to cover the actual Civil War story and do it justice. I guess it makes sense to hinge it on the stuff unique to the movies and then make it "bigger" afterwards.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I was a bit underwhelmed as well. Kinda cool action sequences, but it didn't get me really hyped up. Maybe my expectations were too high.

And about Spiderman, Superbowl trailer or none at all. The word that Spiderman is in it is enough to carry in viewers. The appareance gonna be lot cooler too, if he kinda "comes out of the blue" during the film.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Spidey will have a little part in the movie, showing him in the very first trailer would have been counterproductive
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Did they just put the whole film in the trailer?

Superman thinks Batman is dangerous vigilante and Batman thinks Superman is a careless hypochrite (which he is). Fricking annoying Lex Luthor does something to aggro them on each other, while using the boy of Zod to create A monster. The two heroes reluctantly join forces, with a nudge from deus ex machina Wonderwoman.

It only leaves out the end and if the movie is as generic as it seems to be, the end will be the 3 of them saving the day in a manner that makes Lex loose his hair and destroying the LexCorp mad science department so badly, that captured Aquaman and Flash can escape on post-credits scene.

Seems the trailer is building much hype. For me it killed it. On the positive side, when I eventually see it, it could be a positive suprise since I'm really negative now.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Why does doomsday look like he is the bastard child of a crewmember at davy jones ship and michael bays ninja turtles? Did they look at doomsday and thought "he needs more turtle "?
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Why does doomsday look like he is the bastard child of a crewmember at davy jones ship and michael bays ninja turtles? Did they look at doomsday and thought "he needs more turtle "?
LOL he does look like that.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That Batman v Superman trailer wasn't a trailer at all. It was a cliff notes version of the movie. What is even left to see?

The Civil War trailer was pretty much what I expected, for the most part. The only bit that surprised me was that they seem to be making Bucky Barnes the core of the conflict. I assumed it was going to be the powers that be going overboard in attempts to control Scarlet Witch's powers that would touch things off; which is a lot closer to what the comic arc was. Going to war to protect Bucky is a bit.. I don't know about that one. I guess we'll see.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Basically I'm all for coming to the aid of emotionally fragile, and smokin' hot, red headed girls but grumpy 90+ year old cyborg men can rescue their own damn selves.:hmm
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah, it's what I thought...Eisenberg as Luthor might be the the worst casting decision ever in a superhero film.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know why they went for a younger Luther too and not one closer to age with Clark and Bruce. Because now everything he does seems like a kid's desire to get attention, bratty and needy.

I do agree with Jammin's post about the trailer. It IS really like cliff notes for the movie. I don't know why they chose to reveal so many cards at once. We have a pretty solid idea of what's going to happen in the movie and the only surprises now are Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg and how much they feature in the film.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't know what it is either, I know it's supposed to be setting up the Justice League but Wonder Woman seems painfully out of place as well. Might just be the tone of what we've seen so far, not sure.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Younger Lex Luthor? Jesse Einsenberg and Henry Cavill are both 32 years old. He just looks younger than Cavill.

Or are you talking about the age of their characters in the film?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Age as in looks. Nothing about his Luthor invokes any feeling that that's the character he's portraying. He sticks out like a sore thumb.
 
Top