Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Get A Job-- was surprisingly a good flim.

Some funny parts.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Just saw Hardcore Henry a couple of days ago. All I can really say is if you've ever played a First Person Shooter game, you've just watched this movie, in full. Very little plot, and the characters are pretty forgettable and useless. Basically, the only reason to watch this would be to watch tons of obligatory, over-the-top violence. There is one character that keeps popping up though, even though you could swear, 'Didn't he JUST get killed last scene? In fact didn't he get killed in the last 3 scenes??'. You find out why later in the movie but it's still stupid.

This was my exact reaction to this movie:
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,854
Reaction score
23,525
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Have no idea what the final movie will be like but one thing is for certain Cumberbatch has the master best wizard voice I've ever heard.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, apparently Batfleck film is confirmed. It makes sense considering batfleck is one of the few things people liked about the batman v superman movie. If they get fight scenes as good as the ones in the movie combined with an actual plot it should be fairly good. To bad its going to be several years down the road... I wonder who the villain is going to be... My guess is that it is not going to be the joker (jared leto seems to have gone crazy with this film as it is)... I would like to see the riddler or deathstroke,,,
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,854
Reaction score
23,525
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That could be good. I'm up for a seeing more of him as Batman and Jeremy Irons as Alfred. As long as Zack Snider isn't writing or directing. If he's doing either, I'm out. Had more than enough of his work to last me a lifetime.

I'm pretty excited to see what kind of role Bafleck is going to have in Suicide Squad.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
That could be good. I'm up for a seeing more of him as Batman and Jeremy Irons as Alfred. As long as Zack Snider isn't writing or directing. If he's doing either, I'm out. Had more than enough of his work to last me a lifetime.

I'm pretty excited to see what kind of role Bafleck is going to have in Suicide Squad.
As far as I can tell batflect is going to be the director. Which given afflect's record over the past several years should be worth at least having cautious optimism.

I saw batman on the trailer but I question whether it is batfleck... He looked different from before somehow. Specially during the scene he is seen jumping of a building right after we see harley falling... Maybe it is the effect of some drug or something though.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,854
Reaction score
23,525
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
All I know is Affleck is listed on the IMDB page and this seems like a good chance for some redemption after Batman V Superman.

I'm curious what they are going to do with Harley. DC obviously wants to get as much bang for their buck as they can with their characters and she's one of their most popular. But the version that's most popular is the semi-reformed one that's kind of like DC's Deadpool and I'm not sure where that's going to fit outside of Suicide Squad. Makes me wonder if they'll work her into the Baffleck movies in some capacity other than the Joker's henchwoman.

-------------------

The reviews for Marvel Civil war are flooding out, which seems way early to me as the movie is still a half month away, it's getting pretty good reviews. Universally positive so far.

I find that a little surprising.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I thought there was an embargo on people reviewing it since it was screened at CinemaCon or something?

Also looks like the new Spiderman movie will be called Spiderman Homecoming and Michael Keaton will be playing the villian. Supposedly it's a character that hasn't been featured in the films yet...what are the chances that it's Vulture? :lmao
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Somehow I can't picture Michael Keaton as the Vulture... Wouldn't Patrick Stewart make a better one? Assuming he doesn't have to play Professor X in the same movie :XD
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Well, the key clue is that he's playing someone who hasn't been in a Spiderman movie yet. So that eliminates Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Venom, Sandman, Lizard, Electro, Alistair Smythe, and Rhino. Keaton is in his mid 60s, so I definitely think he could pull Vulture off. Otherwise it would have to be someone like Mysterio, Morbius, Kraven, or maybe Jackal. It just seemed funny that he was cast after playing Birdman not too long ago.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Maybe they could go with Hobgoblin, but that'd be a bit "samey" with the Green Goblin stuff.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I see your point... he could go play a more minor character like Black Fox.

Not to be confused with Black Cat... who is UNPLAYABLE by Michael Keaton :XD

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Actually, just thought of something... you sure that he will be a villian? Couldn't he be J Jonah Jameson, or maybe Ben Parker? It's Marvel now instead of Sony so maybe they recast some basic roles?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
But Jameson has been in previous films. And J.K Simon was perfect and I'd love to see him back in the role. Vulture feels very likely. And is as Gary said, hilarious in the Birdman irony of it all.

Also, on Marvel;


Kinda meh. Almost as if they got rid off all the edge in the character, that he was "a livesafer" even before stepping into the mystic world. But it is an teaser. Hard to say anything yet.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Kinda meh. Almost as if they got rid off all the edge in the character, that he was "a livesafer" even before stepping into the mystic world.
What do you mean? That's the same origin story that he had in the comics.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, the key clue is that he's playing someone who hasn't been in a Spiderman movie yet. So that eliminates Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Venom, Sandman, Lizard, Electro, Alistair Smythe, and Rhino. Keaton is in his mid 60s, so I definitely think he could pull Vulture off. Otherwise it would have to be someone like Mysterio, Morbius, Kraven, or maybe Jackal. It just seemed funny that he was cast after playing Birdman not too long ago.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Maybe they could go with Hobgoblin, but that'd be a bit "samey" with the Green Goblin stuff.
my money would be on mysterio
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
What do you mean? That's the same origin story that he had in the comics.
Wasn't he kinda an big ego and more interested getting his hands fixed for personal gain rather than saving lives? But yeah, I'm not very familiar with the character or his origins. That's just an impression.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Wasn't he kinda an big ego and more interested getting his hands fixed for personal gain rather than saving lives? But yeah, I'm not very familiar with the character or his origins. That's just an impression.
He was an egotistical character, yeah. Kinda like the mystical version of Tony Stark, but he did get in a car accident and that's how his career ended. We didn't get too much of his character prior to the accident in the trailer, so it could still be that way for all I know.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,854
Reaction score
23,525
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Mysterio or Vulture(that is cutting a little close to Birdman though) both seem like real possibilities for Keaton to me. I think we can rule out Kraven the Hunter and the weird vampire guy. Have the movies ever done Hydro or Shocker? Not that they should...

If I remember right doctor strange origin story is basically like Michael J Fox's character in Doc Hollywood. Except instead of moving to the countryside after his car accident he becomes Marvel's Dumbledore. But I'm pretty sure just I'm basing that on an animated movie I watched years ago.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
well they could go back to early villans....


hammerhead:cookiehand

looks like keaton xD
 
Top