Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
well the movie is full of classics, I really would love to see a Chuck Norris joke :Imao
it's gonna be louder, faster and harder. Full of top class action :wtf

I never was that big a Stallone fan but he really did something great :zomg
 

HegemonKhan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
1,229
Gender
Male
Country
United States
for me... Warrior was decent... nothing super special though....

I just liked Tony being a bad-*** pwning everyone in the fights :D

fans who don't understand combat, get angry at short-quick fights, but if you understand combat, a short quick fight is total pwnage, and is so awesome to watch !!! :D

-------------------

Red was funny, and that Stallone one with Jet Li I think too, whatever it was called,... was this Expandables? I can't remember it's name or when it came out either...sighs.... sometime between 2000 and now... where they had an extremely brief appearance with Arnold with a joke about him being the governor of my state..... (well not anymore now... got Brown now... hehe)

-----------------

I can't wait for the new movie with Jason Staton and Clive Owen and DeNiro... I forgot the movie's title... at the moment...lol

I love the transporter movies (1 and 2 anyways - 3 was crap) which then became The Mechanic and now this movie whatever it's called...

I'm looking forward to this movie as I hope it's like a combination of Transporter (1+2) and Shoot Em Up (soooo awesome movie!), hehe :D
 
Last edited:

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
naruto-niichan said:
I never was that big a Stallone fan but he really did something great
I'm Stallone fan, lol :p Even if I wouldn't be, I would still appreciate what he did to action film industry - I just cannot imagine some of the movies without him <yeah, yeah, if there would be another actor I would probably say the same - but still, there wasn't> Such movies as Rambo or Rocky without him? No way. Even if someone says he has no talent to be an actor, he is still a characteristic actor. And plenty more action movies with him. And he had nice idea with The Expandables movie to pack "all" actions stars in one movie and give it a shot <rather then doing another Rambo movie which fans wanted, lol>
Though I'm sad he always received those Golden Raspberry Awards when he shouldn't : / And with The Expandables movie I was rooting for him to not get another because he was nominated for directing, hehe, and he didn't receive, uff xD

Editto:
Shoot Em Up - awesome action movie, carrots rocks :p And funny thing: I didn't hear about this movie when it was in cinemas, like it never existed : O
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm Stallone fan, lol :p Even if I wouldn't be, I would still appreciate what he did to action film industry - I just cannot imagine some of the movies without him <yeah, yeah, if there would be another actor I would probably say the same - but still, there wasn't> Such movies as Rambo or Rocky without him? No way. Even if someone says he has no talent to be an actor, he is still a characteristic actor. And plenty more action movies with him. And he had nice idea with The Expandables movie to pack "all" actions stars in one movie and give it a shot <rather then doing another Rambo movie which fans wanted, lol>
Though I'm sad he always received those Golden Raspberry Awards when he shouldn't : / And with The Expandables movie I was rooting for him to not get another because he was nominated for directing, hehe, and he didn't receive, uff xD

Editto:
Shoot Em Up - awesome action movie, carrots rocks :p And funny thing: I didn't hear about this movie when it was in cinemas, like it never existed : O
well don't misunderstand me, I think he has done an awesome job in some movies. Rambo and Rocky really are unbelievable without him. Especially Rocky, loved the last film :zomg
he's definitely a striking head and I respect him but there definitely are better actors out there

and lol yeah, loved the carrots XD I was the same, saw it on DVD with a friend but never heard of it before
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
naruto-niichan said:
he's definitely a striking head and I respect him but there definitely are better actors out there
Thats for sure. But he is definitely 'characteristic' actor - he has face which you won't forget xD

naruto-niichan said:
and lol yeah, loved the carrots XD I was the same, saw it on DVD with a friend but never heard of it before
The same thing though I was interested in this movie because someone mentioned that Paul Giamatti played magnificent role as a boss gangster <and I couldn't imagined that> and I was also WOW about his performance. After seeing the movie I thought: weird, this movie should be some boxoffice phenomena or sth, yet I didn't heard about such superb movie at all <it just proves that some of the movies are awesome yet they don't sell well in boxoffice or aren't commented or sth : ( > Really good watch to loose your mind from thinking and enjoy the show.. action.
 

HegemonKhan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
1,229
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think Stallone is actually a pretty good actor, for being a "dumb macho man" anyways, certainly better at acting than most other "dumb macho men".... Arnold.... and others....

I mean... Rocky vs (old-arnold) Conan the Barbarian (and the recently new Conan with the new actor used).... Stallone did a really amazing job in Rocky, well done acting, extremely emotional and realistic. imo anyways.

and the last Rocky ("6th"), was perfect.... I cried so much in that with his lost-despair of Adrian, and everything else... really inspiring and emotional, total masterpiece, quite frankly.

---------------------

All mothers need to do is show Shoot Em Up, to get us males to eat our carrots... forget looney tunes and bugs bunny.... Shoot Em Up... is THEE carrot advertisement! If Shoot Em Up, can't entice you start eating your carrots, nothing will!!

and who says.... eating carrots don't give you good eye sight.... just look at Clive's eye sight in Shoot Em Up.... lol :D

---------------------

ya, it's kinda sad, here too where I live, there was zero mentioning of Shoot Em Up...... and it was such an awesome movie... too :D

but, I'm used to it.... some of the best electronic games go unheard of.... as the "crap blockbusters" get all the ignorant attention.... sighs....

and it's the same with movies too... so so so many good movies that go unnoticed by the greater community.

-though, as one of you said, it does have some dark/vulger humor/comedy.... not something to talk about publically.... laughs...
 
Last edited:

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
@HegemonKhan, yeah, though I understand ppl who say that he isn't an actor at all.. I mean: about 'playing' etc. Thats why to not get drag into pointless discussion about our likes/dislikes, I always reply that he is a characteristic actor - nobody will disagree with this statement <I always remember when I learnt that there are different types of actors, and one of them is characteristic actor whose overall face/body is somewhat unique or sth, s/he doesn't need to be 'beautiful' or play very well to be.. characteristic/uniqe xd> I'm of course not dwelling whether Stallone is handsome or not, I'm just saying that he has a type of face that its unique if you ask me xP

HegemonKhan said:
All mothers need to do is show Shoot Em Up, to get us males to eat our carrots... forget looney tunes and bugs bunny.... Shoot Em Up... is THEE carrot advertisement! If Shoot Em Up, can't entice you start eating your carrots, nothing will!!
hahaha, you bet xDXDXD

HegemonKhan said:
ya, it's kinda sad, here too where I live, there was zero mentioning of Shoot Em Up...... and it was such an awesome movie... too
Wow, I thought that it was due to living in Poland that Shoot Em Up didn't made much 'noise' here..

HegemonKhan said:
-though, as one of you said, it does have some dark/vulger humor/comedy.... not something to talk about publically.... laughs...
hmm, Shoot Em Up was rated R going by what was shown in the movie - going by date of 2007 when the movie was released I would say that category R wasn't sooo pupular among the older audience.. I mean: look what is happening now to category R, especially comedy with such category: they are major boxoffice hits nowadays <of course they need to be good at least but Shoot Em Up is definitely MORE than that>
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Thats for sure. But he is definitely 'characteristic' actor - he has face which you won't forget xD


The same thing though I was interested in this movie because someone mentioned that Paul Giamatti played magnificent role as a boss gangster <and I couldn't imagined that> and I was also WOW about his performance. After seeing the movie I thought: weird, this movie should be some boxoffice phenomena or sth, yet I didn't heard about such superb movie at all <it just proves that some of the movies are awesome yet they don't sell well in boxoffice or aren't commented or sth : ( > Really good watch to loose your mind from thinking and enjoy the show.. action.
I completely agree with you there XD and he isn't as bad a actor as some people make him to be. I thought he really did a great job as Rocky.

yeah I don't understand it too, the film wasn't even in the movies here in germany 0__0
it gained some popularity here thanks to the DVD and everyone who watched it likes the film so I don't really get why he was/is so unheard of.

And I agree, Paul Giamatti did an excellent job

Wow, I thought that it was due to living in Poland that Shoot Em Up didn't made much 'noise' here..

hmm, Shoot Em Up was rated R going by what was shown in the movie - going by date of 2007 when the movie was released I would say that category R wasn't sooo pupular among the older audience.. I mean: look what is happening now to category R, especially comedy with such category: they are major boxoffice hits nowadays <of course they need to be good at least but Shoot Em Up is definitely MORE than that>
Well it wasn't just in Poland, the film seems to be relatively unknown trough Europe, maybe because he got a lot of bad critics (I searched through the web a bit).
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
naruto-niichan said:
Well it wasn't just in Poland, the film seems to be relatively unknown trough Europe, maybe because he got a lot of bad critics (I searched through the web a bit).
Wow, I'm shocked. No matter who would I ask who watched the movie, it was superb for her/him. Those critics probably were looking into some in-depth in this movie with the second meaning : / This film is for entertainemt purpose where you don't think, just enjoy the show, ehh.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I can't wait for the new movie with Jason Staton and Clive Owen and DeNiro... I forgot the movie's title... at the moment...lol
You mean Killer Elite, right? That's on my watchlist as well! Looks like another mindless badass action movie, and I really love those. Now and again those kinds of movies are needed, where there's just explosions and shooting and fighting and one-liners.. Not every movie needs to have a "Oscar for Best Picture"-quality to it to be good. This one seems like one of those "stupid, but good" movies. :tem

Jason Statham is the Bruce Willis of his generation. He's just so friggin' bad-ass.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Wow, I'm shocked. No matter who would I ask who watched the movie, it was superb for her/him. Those critics probably were looking into some in-depth in this movie with the second meaning : / This film is for entertainemt purpose where you don't think, just enjoy the show, ehh.
well yeah that was/is more or less the reason :oh dunno why but some people just expect in-depth movies all the time and just dislike entertainment movies. You need those as well, not everything has to be on a high psychological level
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
First trailer for prequel "The Thing" is out. Also for We Bought a Zoo with Matt Damon, Scarlett Johansson and Elle Fanning. In Burning Man six woman try to save the life of a man[Matthew Goode] who's trying to reconnect to his 8-year old son after a personal tragedy. The Awekening is set in England after the first World War and is about a female hoax exposer, who's consulted by a teacher[Dominic West] of a boy’s boarding school to explain the sightings of a ghost. And not to forget 13 with Sam Riley, Jason Statham, 50 Cent, Mickey Rourke, Alexander Skarsgård, Ray Liotta, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Ray Winstone and Michael Shannon! :D

Killer Elite looks awesome, Contagion and The Muppets have to be seen next. :). The Muppets - The Pig With The Froggy Tattoo Teaser Trailer
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I've actually seen the original for 13, named 13 Tzameti. It's the same director/writer, Gela Babluani who decided to make an american remake of his own movie (kinda like the Funny Games-director). The original is actually really good and holy jebus crap have they gotten a cool cast together for the remake! :o It'll be interesting to see how he manages to make the movie in this new style (new language, not black and white, etc) and which one I'm going to prefer watching in the future.

Added to my (rather long) list of movies from 2011 to watch (it came out in Sweden in 2011, so it counts).

The list I have so far is:

Already released
13
30 Minutes or Less
Cars 2
Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below
Conan O'Brien Can't Stop
Cowboys and Aliens
Hanna
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 2
Hobo with a Shotgun
Kokuriku-Zaka Kara
Kung Fu Panda 2
Melancholia
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Super 8
The Way Back

Not yet released
The Dreaming Machine
Killer Elite
The Adventures of Tintin
Drive
The Rum Diary
50/50
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
The Flying Swords of Dragon Gate
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Hugo
The Muppets

Still looking to add more to that list, so please enlighten me if you know of an awesome (or just need-to-watch) movie released this year.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
^ I'd say Tree of Life is a certain must-see. Wheter you gonna hate it or love it, doesn't really matter. It is quite a case as a film, the scape of it massive. Also a pretty certainly serious Oscar contender, in case you wanna be on map about what is hot at that award show.
 

cracker

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
2,504
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm interested in Tree of Life as well Melancholia from the cannes film festival. I'm a huge film buff
 

HegemonKhan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
1,229
Gender
Male
Country
United States
well, the most "brainless action flicks" are/were probably Crank and Crank 2: High Voltage (or whatever it called) with Jason Staton in them...

I first learned of Jason Staton from Transporter 2 and then Transporter 1, those were and still are such awesome movies, for me, hehe :D

----------

ya, Killer Elites, I really can't wait for it, seriously Shoot Em Up Clive vs Jason Staton, is just going to be awesome! hehe. Instead of DeNiro... though should have done Cage and/or Travolta..., as they play action bad*** characters well too, hehe :D

-----------

and I've been forgetting to concur that Paul G (whatever his name) did a great job as the villain in Shoot Em Up, he was so hillarious while still being a great villain too :D

I haven't seen or payed to much attention to other movies with him it in, but I'd still say this was one of his best performances in Shoot Em Up as the villain.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I first learned of Jason Staton from Transporter 2 and then Transporter 1, those were and still are such awesome movies, for me, hehe :D

and I've been forgetting to concur that Paul G (whatever his name) did a great job as the villain in Shoot Em Up, he was so hillarious while still being a great villain too :D

I haven't seen or payed to much attention to other movies with him it in, but I'd still say this was one of his best performances in Shoot Em Up as the villain.
well you should at least know about "Saving Private Ryan", he had a role in the film :D
but he's not that famous so I agree, don't remember him playing another important role in a film.

oh and it's Jason Statham Hege :p
 

HegemonKhan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
1,229
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not good with names... my apologies!

though I should know his name, as I like him as an action actor so much, hehe.

Jason Statham, Jason Statham, etc... hehe :D

--------------------------

I actually haven't watched Saving Private Ryan in full yet... lol

I'm not that into these type of movies, I don't like political movies nor such historical war movies like this one anyways.
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm not good with names... my apologies!

--------------------------

I actually haven't watched Saving Private Ryan in full yet... lol
no problem ;)

woot you should definitely do, it's one of the best war movies ever made. You didn't enjoy the movie or what's the reason for you not watching it completely?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top