The concept for In Time is pretty awesome. Reminds me of certain japanese entertainment products, such as Death Note or Mirai Nikki. Or Money and Intelligence concept in Bakuman. But when I saw the trailer... Smells like fail.
I recently watched Lives of Others (Das Leben Der Anderen, Germany, 2006) by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck (The Tourist, 2010). It tells the story of STASI agent in East-Berlin 1984. Teacher and interrogator gets his chance to proceed in his career, as he is the head of surveillance for certain screenwriter and his actress lover (who are doubted of treason, anti-socialism). Listening their daily live, the agent bit by bit finds himself more absorbed by their lives.
IT WAS INCREDIBLE! I really loved it. It started very slow, and even felt a little boring for a second, but the plot build up wonderfully, and it was very exicting and touching experience. The plot was very functional, well built indeed. Acting was top notch, and sets and costumes very good, totally captured the 80's DDR imho. I really recommend it. It works on so many levels. Drama, thriller, love story, and a personality thesis.
And sure, of course me the idea of art changing the world appeals greatly. I recommend warmly.