Watched Tower Heist and The Thee Musketeers recently. Both were average. I cannot see I was entertained thoroughly.
It was not what I expected. I thought it would be another on of those senseless action-packed movies. Yet, it was way better. I enjoyed Ryan Gosling's distant, calm and motionless character in the beginning. Then, he started to show more emotions - more like fluctuations in his personality. The pace of the story was decent as well.
Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Yeah, I guess people who know nothing about it were expecting The Fast and The Furious or something...there's a reason why it was an Indie film and won best director at the Cannes Film Festival. Beautifully shot, amazing soundtrack. Gosling had so few lines in the movie, but it goes unnoticed, a lot like Steve McQueen. You could see the transformation of him from an almost catatonic person, into a man bubbling with bellicosity, but even then he was so calm throughout. A truly unique performance. It felt like a Western, even the way he moved reminded me of a gunslinger in a Western movie. Not sure I've ever seen a balance between serenity and gore like that...warmness and rage the way Gosling was. Albert Brooks was great in it too, I've never seen him play a villain. It's an action movie that isn't an action movie
![]()
Oh my god, through out the movies I was trying to remember Steve McQueen. Somehow, I couldn't recall his name. You are also 110% about the Western impression. I was likehow calmly he went to the restaurant in the end, even knowing what lies ahead of him. It was indeed a great performance.
. It was a surprise transformation just like Gosling.I was stunned when Albert killed that guy in his place
You are gonna try The Ides of March . The name came up many times like Drive but I ignored it. After seeing Drive, I am going to watch this one too.
So yeah, nothing really to add, other than I need to see Ides of March as wellYeah, I had wanted to see that too. Definitely looks interesting![]()

), it proved to be a solid film and the ending was very enjoyable for me. The Grey....well just two words; Liam Neeson
The movie, because of it's setting almost seems like a documentary to me which made it stand out, plus the characters and their little background stories are very well put together and the wolves!
It's a must see for any movie fans; that and Chronicles.
I totally agree... Best man vs nature struggle/film which has been served for a while. If you expect a lot of action, fights, etc then I advise you not watching it.The Grey....well just two words; Liam NeesonThe movie, because of it's setting almost seems like a documentary to me which made it stand out, plus the characters and their little background stories are very well put together and the wolves!
It's a must see for any movie fans; that and Chronicles.
. First, I am hoping it is as good as the previews make it look, and second, if it is good, I hope it does well enough so we can get more of the Barsoom series made into a movie.
Yeah, I'm planning on seeing John Carter this friday. I've heard good things about it. I'm thinking that the movie should have been named 'John Carter of Mars' though. As it is, the name 'John Carter' by itself is kind of bland.Anybody else looking forward to John Carter? It'll probably be the first movie I'll go watch on opening night since Revenge of the Sith. I enjoyed the Princess of Mars book it's based on, so I might be a little biased. First, I am hoping it is as good as the previews make it look, and second, if it is good, I hope it does well enough so we can get more of the Barsoom series made into a movie.
On a somewhat related note, I finally saw Avatar. I'm a little pissed because I bet the movie looked amazing on an IMAX-3D screen (I'm fortunate enough to have one near me), but on a regular HD-TV, the glitz wasn't as impressive, and I found the movie to be rather boring.
When I watched Avatar first time I didn't like it. Because its obvious theme about "save trees" kind of shits bored me a lot. But I found Avatar quite entertaining in terms of action sequence and visual quality. I love the epic battle sequence in the last 30 minutes. And Avatar blu-ray is perfect tool for checking your Blu-ray player/HDTV's full performance.you'd find Avatar quite boring if you watched Princess Mononoke, Fern Gully, or Pocahontas.
Thought as much. Typical march blockbuster, but I'll still see it with reasonable expectations.They shouldn't have shown every single action scene in the trailer of John Carter, the ratings don't shine as well. Will wait for a BD release and use the time to read the original.
Stanton has built a fantastic world, but the action is unmemorable. Still, just about every sci-fi/fantasy/superhero adventure you ever loved is in here somewhere.
That's the first good thing I've heard about it to be honestJohn Carter is an entertaining movie and it really explains where star wars and avatar were inspired on
Loved it

Haha, I absolutely hated it, had to force myself to stay in the cinemaJohn Carter is an entertaining movie and it really explains where star wars and avatar were inspired on
Loved it

I can't help feeling sceptical about this movie. The original movie (from 1989) is one of my all-time favorite movies, and I was really disappointed when I saw the trailer for the new one. The atmosphere in the old english movie is just plain creepy!! I will probably see the new movie one day, but I got a feeling I will be disappointed though..The Woman in Black was quite jumpy throughout and despite my hatred of Daniel Radcliffe(), it proved to be a solid film and the ending was very enjoyable for me. .