Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I've heard that Lady in the Water isn't that great, so I really don't have any high hopes for it.

At the moment, the next movie I'm looking the most forward to is Ghost Rider which comes out next month, but that's mostly because I read the comics when I was little. And I happened to like the trailer ( I know some don't, though. )
 

sabyr

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2006
Messages
253
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gold Knight said:
I've heard that Lady in the Water isn't that great, so I really don't have any high hopes for it.

At the moment, the next movie I'm looking the most forward to is Ghost Rider which comes out next month, but that's mostly because I read the comics when I was little. And I happened to like the trailer ( I know some don't, though. )
Yeah it's just a stupid horror movie probably, I don't watch horror movies becuase I'm afraid I'll start laughing in the middle(great example: child's play)

I really was never a fan of Ghost Rider, didn't read many comics anyway. But stuff like Sleepwalker and Ghost Rider seemed pretty stupid to me.
 

ILUVATAR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
532
Reaction score
50
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
today i watced Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children. it can be called a movie from the moment it IS the first Final Fantasy VII movie :D oh, i just loved it. i could have watched it from a friend of mine that had it downloaded from a torrent but i didn't :box i wanted to see it from the original and so i ordered the Special two DVD edition. :knk
as a final fantasy vii freak i must say that it was a true master piece, a diamond. :)
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
ILUVATAR said:
today i watced Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children. it can be called a movie from the moment it IS the first Final Fantasy VII movie :D oh, i just loved it. i could have watched it from a friend of mine that had it downloaded from a torrent but i didn't :box i wanted to see it from the original and so i ordered the Special two DVD edition. :knk
as a final fantasy vii freak i must say that it was a true master piece, a diamond. :)
YES! FRIGGIN AWESOME! I actually have FFVIIAC right here beside my monitor ^.^

Such a great movie. I watch it at least twice a month. <33333333

Only FFVII thing I haven't watched/won't play is Dirge of Cerberus. I heard it's a FPS, and I hate those games. (Mostly because I suck at them)
 

glasskatana

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
81
Gender
Male
Country
United States
LadyHatake said:
YES! FRIGGIN AWESOME! I actually have FFVIIAC right here beside my monitor ^.^

Such a great movie. I watch it at least twice a month. <33333333

Only FFVII thing I haven't watched/won't play is Dirge of Cerberus. I heard it's a FPS, and I hate those games. (Mostly because I suck at them)
Well you heard wrong. It's actually TPS. WTF? Yeah, it's a third-person shooter. I too am absolutely horrible at all FPS's so I can feel your pain.
 

ILUVATAR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
532
Reaction score
50
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
I too am absolutely horrible at all FPS's so I can feel your pain.
that makes three of us :D
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
glasskatana said:
Well you heard wrong. It's actually TPS. WTF? Yeah, it's a third-person shooter. I too am absolutely horrible at all FPS's so I can feel your pain.
Third person shooter? WTF???? Lame. I still suck at that sort of stuff. There's no hope for me, I supppose.
:)
Oh well.

I'm actually trying to get my hands on a supernintendo so I can go back a revisit some of my favorites: The Super Mario games and Donkey Kong. Haven't played those in years. My friends and I used to get together and play those. It was the best. Those were the days....

I used to have the original Nintendo. God, I loved duckhunt. I used to think I was the coolest when I used that "gun" to shot the ducks and the clay discs.


Wow. Waaaaaaay offtopic. Lol.
but, speaking of movies.....

The third Pirates of the Carribbean "At World's End" is slated for a May 25, 2007 release! No plot info as of yet, but at least we only have to wait less 10 months! http://www.film-releases.com/movies/film-information/movie-5468

Hopefully it'll be better than the second.
<3 :kkbook
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Final Fantasy rocks, but I didn't really get much out of FFVII AC. Every now and then I like to watch it again to watch all the cool battle sequences, but it was way too short. I think it could have used at least 20 more minutes of story somehow. Maybe show more of the banter or fighting from the other characters.

And I regret every day that I pawned my Super Nintendo (times were tough) and lost it, along with all my games. Wish I could go back and do something about it, but ah well... at the time I barely had time to play any games at all and I always felt that it'd be no problem to get it again. Biiiig mistake. Especially some of these games... Ogrebattle for example... ahh well.

Duckhunt... that takes me back :D

As for the third Pirates of the Caribbean game, yep heard about that - also heard Keith Richards ( the musician that Johnny Depp based his character of Jack Sparrow on ) will have a cameo as Jack's father as well in that one. You can probably guess where he's going to meet his father, if you saw the end of the second movie. Although I didn't like the second movie that much, I bet the next movie WILL be better because of where they'll all be going. Hope so.
 

kyuubimaster

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 22, 2006
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
You know what was a really good movie that came out not too long ago.....Lord of War. Omg, soooo good.
 

glasskatana

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
81
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Indeed I really liked Lord of War as well.

You guys know what movie comes out on DVD on August 1st... V FOR VENDETTA!!! :dance :clap :bow :hi5
I'm so happy.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
glasskatana said:
You guys know what movie comes out on DVD on August 1st... V FOR VENDETTA!!! :dance :clap :bow :hi5
I'm so happy.
Still haven't seen it :sweat

I really want to. I'll probably just wait for it to come out on HBO. :) My friend said it was a great movie though.
 

glasskatana

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
81
Gender
Male
Country
United States
LadyHatake said:
Still haven't seen it :sweat

I really want to. I'll probably just wait for it to come out on HBO. :) My friend said it was a great movie though.
It was a great movie. It's a pretty good comic too. GO SEE IT!!! :amuse
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
glasskatana said:
It was a great movie. It's a pretty good comic too. GO SEE IT!!! :amuse
I will, I will. I promsie. :)
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Not to put more pressure on LadyHatake, but I second glasskatana's recommendation. It's one of my favorite comics and the movie is awesome too.
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
glasskatana said:
Indeed I really liked Lord of War as well.
Agreed. I love Nicoals Cage a lot and this was another fantastic movie. Some its scary that this is how the world works...
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Not to put more pressure on LadyHatake, but I second glasskatana's recommendation. It's one of my favorite comics and the movie is awesome too.
I saw the commercial for the DVD while I was eating dinner :D
My friend has the comics, and he's going to let me borrow them. yay!
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
glasskatana said:
Indeed I really liked Lord of War as well.

You guys know what movie comes out on DVD on August 1st... V FOR VENDETTA!!! :dance :clap :bow :hi5
I'm so happy.
I'm planning to check out both.
 

Uchiro

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
85
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just wanna see the Deathnote movie. And the TMNT movie next year!
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I watched pirates of the caribean 2 and really liked it...nothing to much for the brain but still very nice....
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
During the last week when I didn't have access to MH, I did rent and watch V for Vendetta and I'd give it a thumbs up. Very well made movie. Did the comic a lot of justice, I think, and I really like how V was portrayed. Phantom of the Opera meets Batman, I guess - not your typical superhero at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top