Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

No Country for Old Men. I just finished watching it, i actually i didn't finish watching. Stop watching that crap after Moss got kill out of nowhere. The movie was ridiculously boring and slow, and stupid. I don't know why everybody was acting like it a great movie when it came out. Damn, i wish i can have the 1hr30min i wasted on watching it.
 
Last edited:

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy
Phantom of the Opera
Enchanted (good Lord, I don't understand how the dvd isn't broken yet)
Labyrinth
Nightmare Before Christmas

That's really just a quarter of the ones I watch over and over again XD
 

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Saw Watchmen on Saturday and it was brilliant, I've yet to enjoy the graphic novels but from what I saw I can't fault the movie at all. After watching that film it made me think that the characters in comic series such as X-men and Justice league are actually quite two-dimensional, they're simply defined by their enemies and there superhero lives, nothing else factors in. I'll definately be picking up the graphic novel.
That's exactly how I feel. After I've seen the trailer I started reading the comic books (didn't know Watchmen before) and was just amazed of how narrative and complex this story was.
The movie is quite a nice adaption of the comic books. They didn't change the story too much, the special effects and the music were adequate too.
I was impressed at how they could present the different perspectives (i.e. the scene of Dr Manhattan on Mars). I would have thought that one transcript it from the graphic novels to the film media.
All in all, I really loved the movie.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I'm all excited about the "Kenny Starfighter" movie! I LOVED him as a kid and now the movie, wowowowowow I'm gonna go there and I'm so bringing a hair-drier!
(Swedes knows what i'm on about)
 

Baron Hugenstein

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
618
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

The worst movie that I can think of right now(Because I saw a bit of it three hours ago:p) is 10,000 BC.
Who know that people back then could be so developed, I thought we didn't know much about people living in the 5,000 BC.

There are so so many things bad with that movie, that I will only touch on one topic(for sanity purposes only!)
WHY in the BLUE sky and fluffy killer swans do a Sabertooth leave a prey, WHY?
 

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
4,777
Reaction score
2,840
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

I would have to go with the two Ewok movies. Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure and Ewoks: The Battle for Endor.

One would think that movies based off of the Star Wars Universe might be good(although the three prequels now tell us that thats not necessarily true), yet they were a utter disappointed to me as a young lad. They didn't even have Jedi in them and now obviously appear as a blatant attempt at making money off of the franchise.
 

redcometfm

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
712
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

I would have to go with the two Ewok movies. Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure and Ewoks: The Battle for Endor.

One would think that movies based off of the Star Wars Universe might be good(although the three prequels now tell us that thats not necessarily true), yet they were a utter disappointed to me as a young lad. They didn't even have Jedi in them and now obviously appear as a blatant attempt at making money off of the franchise.
No, no, Ive got one better. The Star Wars Christmas Special.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
yes i know what youre about :p

although Ive never been much of a Starfighterfan
 

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
4,777
Reaction score
2,840
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

I don't think I've ever seen the Christmas special...

Edit: after doing a quick search I came across this picture[here]. hahaha, I can just imagine how bad it was.
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

The ORIGINAL live-action Dragonball movie. Haven't seen or even heard of it? There's a reason. It's really that bad. I would even say it makes the current Dragonball P.O.S. look awesome in comparison. Picture the Power Rangers only about a billion times more cheesy and idiotic. There you have it.


I don't think I've ever seen the Christmas special...

Edit: after doing a quick search I came across this picture[here]. hahaha, I can just imagine how bad it was.

Oh my Jesus. How can things like that even exist?!? :o
 
Last edited:

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

No order:

1) Matrix triology
2) The Bourne Triology
3) Lord Of The Rings triology
4) Pirates Of The Carribean triology
5) American Pie 2 ( Can never get tired of this, funny as hell. "Here comes the Stiffmiester baby!" xD)
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
The Kenny Starfighter movie doesn't seem that good to be honest. I liked the show when I was little, but truth to be told I hate it now. So I'm not expecting the movie to blow me away either. I'm definitely watching it when it comes out on DVD, though. I can't deny my childhood. :p
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
WOLVERINE! Hope it would be the movie of the year..
Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince should be good, not like the 5th one when nearly half of the book was missed out. They put a $200 million budget in making this movie, better worth it.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Quantum Of Solace. The worst movie in the entire universe! James Bond is supposed to be an secret agent, not fucking action man :|

(By the way, isn't anyone looking forward to dragonball movie? It should be AWESOME! )
 

yal

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2006
Messages
61
Reaction score
8
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
What movies should I watch?

What movies should I watch in the next few days? (I have A LOT of free time!) Here's a list of 100 movies I have as DVDs here and can watch. Help me to decide which ones I HAVE TO watch!

The ones I commented on, I have def. watched; others probably too, but I cant remember it now. I used the English titles for all of them and gave a imdb link, so you can check! I already added Fargo to my list to watch, but you can still name 5 or 10 or w/e ;)

List:
1. The Leopard by Luchino Visconti
2. Heat by Michael Mann
3. Rio Bravo by Howard Hawks
4. Wild Strawberries by Ingmar Bergman
5. Lost Highway by David Lynch
6. The Party by Blake Edwards
7. Fitzcarraldo by Werner Herzog:
8. Three Days of the Condor by Sydney Pollack
9. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon by Ang Lee
10. Catch 22 by Mike Nichols
11. All About My Motherby Pedro Almodóvar
12. Unforgiven by Clint Eastwood
13. Touch of Evil by Orson Welles
14. Brazil by Terry Gilliam
15. All About Eveby Joseph L. Mankiewicz
16. Fahrenheit 451by François Truffaut
17. The Hustlerby Robert Rossen
18. The Celebration by Thomas Vinterberg
19. Morocco by Josef von Sternberg
20. Out of Sight by Steven Soderbergh
21. Terminator 2: Judgment Day by James Cameron (okay, I know I watched thisone ;))
22. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof by Richard Brooks
23. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Miles Forman
24. Paris, Texas by Wim Wenders
25. North by Northwest by Alfred Hitchcock
26. What's Up, Doc?by Peter Bogdanovich
27. Raging Bullby Martin Scorsese
28. Key Largo by John Huston
29. Night on Earth by Jim Jarmusch
30. The Philadelphia Storyby George Cukor
31. Bonnie and Clydeby Arthur Penn
32. River of No Return by Otto Preminger
33. Harold and Maudeby Hal Ashby
34. La Dolce Vitaby Federico Fellini
35. Jackie Brownby Quentin Tarantino (I think I watched this one)
36. Purple Noon by René Clément
37. A Clockwork Orange by Stanley Kubrick (not sure whether I watched or not)
38. Last Tango in Paris by Bernardo Bertolucci
39. Magnolia by Paul Thomas Anderson
40. Contempt by Jean-Luc Godard
41. Don't Look Now by Nicolas Roeg
42. Schindler's List by by Steven Spielberg
43. Picnic at Hanging Rock by Peter Weir
44. Badlands by Terrence Malick
45. The Thomas Crown Affair by Norman Jewison
46. Kiss Me, Stupid by Billy Wilder
47. BlowUp by Michelangelo Antonioni
48. Ninotchka by Ernst Lubitsch
49. The Fearless Vampire Killers by Roman Polanski
50. Singin' in the Rain by Stanley Donen
51. Lost in Translation by Sofia Coppola
52. The Wild Bunch by Sam Peckinpah
53. Escape from New York by John Carpenter
54. Playtime by Jacques Tati
55. Breaking the Waves by Lars von Trier
56. Rumble Fish by Francis Ford Coppola
57. Forty Guns by Samuel Fuller
58. Veronika Voss by Rainer Werner Fassbinder
59. Doctor Zhivago by David Lean: Doktor Schiwago
60. The Things of Life by Claude Sautet
61. McCabe & Mrs. Miller by Robert Altman
62. Rome, Open City by Roberto Rossellini
63. Forever Mine by Paul Schrader
64. Fargo by Joel Coen
65. Traces of Stones by Frank Beyer
66. Marathon Man by John Schlesinger
67. Hana-biby Takeshi Kitano
68. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. by Sergio Leone
69. The Night of the Hunter by Charles Laughton
70. Prince of the City by Sidney Lumet
71. Pursued by Raoul Walsh
72. Hiroshima, mon amour by Alain Resnais
73. Arsenic and Old Lace by Frank Capra
74. Pickpocket by Robert Bresson
75. To Live by Zhang Yimou
76. The Deer Hunter by Michael Cimino
77. Belle de jour by Luis Buñuel
78. Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter? by Frank Tashlin
79. Magnet of Doom by Jean-Pierre Melville
80. Indien by Paul Harather (watched this yesterday!)
81. Rio Grande by John Ford
82. The Manchurian Candidate by John Frankenheimer
83. Batman by Tim Burton (watched this one)
84. Wall Street by Oliver Stone
85. Point Blank by John Boorman
86. L.A. Confidential by Curtis Hanson
87. The Third Man by Carol Reed
88. Alien by Ridley Scott (watched this one!)
89. What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? by Robert Aldrich
90. The Wages of Fear by Henri-Georges Clouzot
91. Ascenseur pour l'échafaud by Louis Malle:
92. Butch Cassidy und Sundance Kid by George Roy Hill
93. Rashomon by Akira Kurosawa
94. Grande illusion, La by Jean Renoir
95. Manhattan by Woody Allen
96. Top Hat by Mark Sandrich
97. Written on the Wind by Douglas Sirk
98. M by Fritz Lang
99. In the Mood for Love by Wong Kar-wai
100. The Great Dictator by Charles Chaplin (watched that one)

Okay, that's all! tl;dr my ASS! I hope all links work! Name away~!

Made a spoiler tag around the list, thanks for posting this tho, some great movies I've forgot exist ~ Blai
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kawaii

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
11
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
WOLVERINE! Hope it would be the movie of the year..
Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince should be good, not like the 5th one when nearly half of the book was missed out. They put a $200 million budget in making this movie, better worth it.
I hope its not a let down..
I kind of grew up with the books and they have always been my favorite reads. Half of the movies I didnt really like b/c the books were better and I have them to blame because now everytime I read I visualize harry differently then before the movies came out.
 

Kaiser Will

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
1,295
Reaction score
456
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

Spider Man Triology
Lord of The Rings Triology
Pirates of Caribbean Triology
Iron Man
Transformers
 

kawaii

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
11
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: What movies should I watch?

ermm I havnt heard of hardly any of these >.<

9. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon by Ang Lee
is really good, I would definitely watch that.


37. A Clockwork Orange by Stanley Kubrick
supposed to be good aswell
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Monsters vs. Aliens 3D was pretty funny. Not the greatest movie ever made, and not as funny as your average movie with Seth Rogan in it, but it was enjoyable and I laughed frequently. The animation was so-so, not spectacular, and certainly not gorgeous like Coraline, but sufficient. The outer space shots were quite beautiful though. The action was okay. Not epic or anything, and no high energy amazing fight scenes.

Actually, I think that Seth Rogan was probably the best thing about the movie, and I was usually laughing at him.
The Jello was the best. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top