Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Thanks for the review, Kusachu. i wanna watch that movie. It looks so cute. It's a happy ending though? despite the sad beginning?

Yeah. The end is good. Very sweet. :amuse
 

smartlipo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

My top five would probably be..... in no particular order of course:

- Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Some of the best movies I've ever seen)
- Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy (WOOT! CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW!!! Savvy?)
- Harry Potter Series (Emma Watson is hawttttt as, though she's not one the main reasons why I watch it)
- Spirited Away (Classic anime film, one of the best I've ever seen)
- SWAT (This movie was the bomb. Hands down. No arguments)
 

smartlipo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What's a cool movie to watch?

Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Some of the best movies I've ever seen)
 

Baron Hugenstein

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
618
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Haha yeah they were great. Kirk got his nose broken a few too many times though imo. He just kept being beaten :notrust

That monster on the snow planet reminded me of a Predator btw, how his mouth opened. Not very camouflaged though.
But it was funny seeing him get hit and fight, at times.

That thing was hiding underground afterall, so there is the hiding ability.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
ghostbusters 3 is a go. :tem
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Anyone see Angels and Demons? I told my mom I'd see it with her. Is it worth $5?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It's a pretty entertaining movie. It sure as hell better than watching Terminator Salvation.
 

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
5,080
Reaction score
2,366
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anyone see Angels and Demons? I told my mom I'd see it with her. Is it worth $5?
5 BUCKS!!!!! WHERE DO YOU LIVE THAT IT COSTS 5 BUCKS TO SEE A MOVIE! Its like 11 for me where I live, thats really sweet if its 5 there.

Anywho, I recently saw Stark Trek which was amazing. Then two other movies that I saw that recently came out on dvd that I also recommend seeing are Taken and Defiance.
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
5 BUCKS!!!!! WHERE DO YOU LIVE THAT IT COSTS 5 BUCKS TO SEE A MOVIE! Its like 11 for me where I live, thats really sweet if its 5 there.

Anywho, I recently saw Stark Trek which was amazing. Then two other movies that I saw that recently came out on dvd that I also recommend seeing are Taken and Defiance.
Kerasotes theaters have "The 5 Buck Club" where they show movies that have been out for at least two weeks or so for only $5. You just go online and sign up for free. It's lame though because I usually go see 3D movies or new ones so I end up paying full price anyways. :darn Regular price is $9 and 3D movies are $12. I used to see all my movies for free because I used to work there, but yeah. That's beside the point.

We only have Kerasotes theaters in my town because they bought out and closed all the other ones. :mad We used to have 6 theaters, now we have two. :notrust

Anyways, I want to see Ghostbusters like nobodies business!! And I definately want to see Star Trek for $5. :thumbs



An older movie I just watched was Letters From Iwo Jima. If you like war movies, specifically WWII movies (on the Japanese side), then it's a must see. I really enjoyed it. It's a companion film for Flags of Our Fathers I believe, but I never saw that one. Has anyone seen it? Is it also good?


It's a pretty entertaining movie. It sure as hell better than watching Terminator Salvation.
I'll probably never watch Terminator. My BF and I have resolved to get tee shirts with Christian Bale on them with a big red X over him that say, "Not MY John Connor!" :thumbs
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Let's just hope that the next Batman movie will make up for this HUGE flop.
 

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
5,080
Reaction score
2,366
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow thats incredible, yea I never heard of them before. I just looked em up on google. Closest one to me is Jersey, lol. The big theaters out by me is United Artists and Lowes, and they don't have any crazy 5 dollar deals. Even after 2 weeks I'd still be expecting to pay full price, and even your normal full price is 9 bucks, lol. Damn you've got it good. =)
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Let's just hope that the next Batman movie will make up for this HUGE flop.

Oh I loved both Batman movies, but I still hated the shit out of him. I just... HATE HIM EMPHATICALLY! :yelling He sucks! Even as Batman he sucks. In real life, everyone would know he's Batman because he talks with a fucking lisp and he's got a messed up bottom grill. Like Bruce Wayne would ever have messed up teeth like that. :notrust :eyeroll


Wow thats incredible, yea I never heard of them before. I just looked em up on google. Closest one to me is Jersey, lol. The big theaters out by me is United Artists and Lowes, and they don't have any crazy 5 dollar deals. Even after 2 weeks I'd still be expecting to pay full price, and even your normal full price is 9 bucks, lol. Damn you've got it good. =)

Yeah, well, I live in a smaller city so the price tends be cheaper. As you go in towards Chicago is gets a bit ridiculous.
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I actually happen to like him as an actor, but only in certain roles (e.g. Batman, The Prestige, Equilibrium).
 

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
5,080
Reaction score
2,366
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh I loved both Batman movies, but I still hated the shit out of him. I just... HATE HIM EMPHATICALLY! :yelling He sucks! Even as Batman he sucks. In real life, everyone would know he's Batman because he talks with a fucking lisp and he's got a messed up bottom grill. Like Bruce Wayne would ever have messed up teeth like that. :notrust :eyeroll





Yeah, well, I live in a smaller city so the price tends be cheaper. As you go in towards Chicago is gets a bit ridiculous.


Ahhh, yea I would've figured as much. We do have one unique theater in my area. Its mad small and has smaller screens than the average movie theater. They show like 4 movies at a time, and the price may be like 2 bucks cheaper, but I really avoid going there cause the screen size and small selection is a huge let down. Other than that, everything is pretty upscale movie wise. I guess thats what you get for living in NY, lol.
 

Arth

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
85
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
The Joker was superb in Batman :amuse
One of my favorite movie character of all time.

RIP Heath Ledger...
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Ahhh, yea I would've figured as much. We do have one unique theater in my area. Its mad small and has smaller screens than the average movie theater. They show like 4 movies at a time, and the price may be like 2 bucks cheaper, but I really avoid going there cause the screen size and small selection is a huge let down. Other than that, everything is pretty upscale movie wise. I guess thats what you get for living in NY, lol.

I imagine the cost is astronomical there. XP I liked the other theaters though because we had more variety even though they were stadium seating and all that. We had one for artsy movies, one for older movies, and some others that showed the same as the big theaters. Now we just have the Showplaces and movies are rarely there for very long. I want an imax closer than Navy Pier. I would definately pay the hefty price tag to see Star Trek in imax without having to drive forever to get there. :darn
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Like Bruce Wayne would ever have messed up teeth like that. :notrust :eyeroll
Wouldn't Batman have to have damaged teeth? Crime-fighting is his vocation, and 1/20 villains manage to hit him in the face (technically, Michael Keaton and George Clooney probably should have had worse teeth since they received blows to the head more frequently). Plus, Wayne could explain away any bizarre physical traits through his sexy parties. "Ohhh, those vain women were extremely rough with my mouth last night...and they all dug the lisp."
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Wouldn't Batman have to have damaged teeth? Crime-fighting is his vocation, and 1/20 villains manage to hit him in the face (technically, Michael Keaton and George Clooney probably should have had worse teeth since they received blows to the head more frequently). Plus, Wayne could explain away any bizarre physical traits through his sexy parties. "Ohhh, those vain women were extremely rough with my mouth last night...and they all dug the lisp."

Touché but the only reason he works well as Bruce Wayne is because in real life he's a douchebag so he doesn't have to act very hard to play one, since Bruce Wayne is supposed to act like a douchebag to conceal his identity better and all. :eyeroll
 

Arth

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
85
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
kaliayev said:
Wouldn't Batman have to have damaged teeth? Crime-fighting is his vocation, and 1/20 villains manage to hit him in the face (technically, Michael Keaton and George Clooney probably should have had worse teeth since they received blows to the head more frequently). Plus, Wayne could explain away any bizarre physical traits through his sexy parties. "Ohhh, those vain women were extremely rough with my mouth last night...and they all dug the lisp."
Kusachu said:
Touché but the only reason he works well as Bruce Wayne is because in real life he's a douchebag so he doesn't have to act very hard to play one, since Bruce Wayne is supposed to act like a douchebag to conceal his identity better and all. :eyeroll
Double Touché :amuse

The rasping voice he uses when he's batman is also really annoying...
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,648
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I just saw the hangover, it was funny as hell. Bromances are going to replace chick flicks for a while.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top