Sheesh, am I the only one who liked The Village? Also, you forgot about Lady In The Water (I didn't see it). Shyamalan is 3 for 7. Unbreakable is one of my favorite movies, by the way.
Shyamalan is in no way near Uwe Boll.
I never actually Saw The Village, or Lady in the Water, but I heard nothing but bad things about them until you. I fell asleep TWICE during The Happening, which NEVER happens, and I didn't think it was possible to not like a movie with Marky Mark AND John Leguizamo, and had mass suicides in it, but he proved me wrong! Signs was good, and I would give it win except for the lame ending, so it's merely a pass. The Sixth Sense was good, but I worked at the movie theater when it came out and it got ruined simply because when I went in to clean after the first showing some bitch on her way out said, "WOW! I never would have guessed he was dead!!" So, good as it was, the ending twist was a fail.
I thought Unbreakable was magnificent and I have nothing bad to say about it exept the tone of the movie was...um...well it was...very low key, which is something I liked about it, but it was still...awkward for some reason.
So, Unbreakable is a win (though the world seems to disagree with me as far as sales are considered), Sixth Sense is good, Signs is okay, The Happening sucks, and the other two fail because they never gave me ANY reason to want to see them (except now I am curious about these Hollywood bombs).
And then we have what is written about The Last Airbender in Shamyalamam's section of wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._Night_Shyamalan
See what I'm saying?