Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goji

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2007
Messages
878
Reaction score
92
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
What? Nice! Topher Grace, as in Topher Grace from that '70 show? Does he play venom? That would be cool. :smile-big
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Goji said:
What? Nice! Topher Grace, as in Topher Grace from that '70 show? Does he play venom? That would be cool. :smile-big
Yeah, the same guy from That 70s Show ^^ He plays another photographer, kinda Peter's rival. He tries to get all of the photographs of Spiderman and tries to take Peter's place at the newspaper, I think.
 

Goji

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2007
Messages
878
Reaction score
92
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Should be an interesting movie. Can't wait to see him! ^^
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Have anyone watch The Lakehouse?

I've watched the English version, though there it's originally a Korean story. But it's really so touching, deep and sweet. :D Not forgotteing Keanu Reeves was looking good ^^
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Azurel said:
Have anyone watch The Lakehouse?

I've watched the English version, though there it's originally a Korean story. But it's really so touching, deep and sweet. :D Not forgotteing Keanu Reeves was looking good ^^
Yup, i got the invites for the premier here. It's a good date movie :D
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Yup, i got the invites for the premier here. It's a good date movie :D
Ah, but I watched it alone though. But it's amazing how everything that happened was connected to each other, I was like going OH!! whenever a connection is revealed. :XD
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Azurel said:
Ah, but I watched it alone though. But it's amazing how everything that happened was connected to each other, I was like going OH!! whenever a connection is revealed. :XD
So did I and the invite was for 10AM, who goes to the movie that early?! And i feel the same way about you on the connection in the movie. I wonder, how come Holywood did a lot of asian movie re-make?
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
So did I and the invite was for 10AM, who goes to the movie that early?! And i feel the same way about you on the connection in the movie. I wonder, how come Holywood did a lot of asian movie re-make?
:omg I don't think the cinemas are even opened at 10am around here :oh Hmm.. maybe because the storyline are good!! or maybe, Hollywood ran out of ideas. :grin
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Azurel said:
:omg I don't think the cinemas are even opened at 10am around here :oh Hmm.. maybe because the storyline are good!! or maybe, Hollywood ran out of ideas. :grin
It was for a special press premier viewing. I dont know about running out of ideas, maybe it's just an effort to make a new and improved version. :D
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I saw "Because I Said So" today. (Chick Flick). It had Diane Keaton, Lauren Graham, Mandy Moore, Piper Perabo and Stephen Collins in it. Very good movie, hilarious, actually xD Guys may not understand it/like it though >.>
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
LadyHatake said:
I saw "Because I Said So" today. (Chick Flick). It had Diane Keaton, Lauren Graham, Mandy Moore, Piper Perabo and Stephen Collins in it. Very good movie, hilarious, actually xD Guys may not understand it/like it though >.>
I'm reading LH's post and when I turn and look at the TV, there's the news about "Because I Said So". Yup, looks like a chick flick.
Has anyone watched "Freedom Writers" & "Child of Men"? I heard those are must-see movie.
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
LadyHatake said:
I saw "Because I Said So" today. (Chick Flick). It had Diane Keaton, Lauren Graham, Mandy Moore, Piper Perabo and Stephen Collins in it. Very good movie, hilarious, actually xD Guys may not understand it/like it though >.>
Yeah, I saw an ad on it. Looks interesting ^^ Maybe I'd go catch it with my gal pals..

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Has anyone watched "Freedom Writers" & "Child of Men"? I heard those are must-see movie.
Hmm.. never heard of it, but then, I don't watch most movie right when they first come out, I usually watch the cable channels like HBO or starmovies.. :amuse
 

blasta

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
214
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Children of Men is a wonderful a movie and I loved it. It's futuristic and showing the dark side of the future. Clive Owen does another great job in this movie and its not a long movie too.

Here are some movies that I really enjoyed a lot and some of them are nominated in the upcoming Academy Awards : Babel, Blood Diamond, The Departed, Flags Of Our Fathers, Half Nelson, The Last King of Scotland (most say Forest Whitaker should win the oscar for best actor award for his spectacular performance in this movie), Letters From Iwo Jima, The Lives of Others, The Illusionist, The Prestige, Pan's Labyrinth, The Science of Sleep, and Volver but haven't had the chance to watch Freedom Writers yet.

Notice how a lot of the titles that have been coming out all have "The" in the beginning lol.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I've heard pretty good reviews about "Freedom Writers" but since I HATE Hillary Swank, I won't be watching it >.> Her teeth remind me of a horse and I don't think she can act <.<
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
LadyHatake said:
I DID see previews for Spiderman 3, and it looks like pure love <3
Defienetly :D I'm also hoping much from that movie. Spidey all the way ^^ And I like the endign of that movie (or i hope how it will be from previews xD). And from what it looks, it will be about "revenge" theme hyhy ^^ Can;'t wait for may (and probably summer in Poland..) xD
 

qwan3356

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2006
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
24
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I totally can't wait to see Spiderman 3 either, even though the black suit doesn't have the famous White Spider on it, i still want to see what he so pissed about that he creeps to the other side. but its shaping to be a must see.
 

deathshadow25

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
753
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Country
United States
LadyHatake said:
I've heard pretty good reviews about "Freedom Writers" but since I HATE Hillary Swank, I won't be watching it >.> Her teeth remind me of a horse and I don't think she can act <.<
Well she did win several awards for these two:

"Boys Don't Cry"
"Million Dollar Baby"

I actually hated "Boys Don't Cry" because of the title it made me feel bad about myself because I cry. I'm just glad I didn't go through gender confusion related issues.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
hello there peoples, i have a bit of a question here.

has anyone here seen the movie "13th warrior" with Antonio Banderas?

cause the thing id like to know is, how did the scene where he learns their language work for someone who doesnt understand what the vikings say?
im from sweden and i understand perfectly what they say even though its not pure swedish theyre speaking and to me that scene was kinda ridiculous. the movie itself was ok but that scene almost made me laugh.

so im just wondering if that scene works for not swedish understanding people.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
BoffenJL said:
hello there peoples, i have a bit of a question here.

has anyone here seen the movie "13th warrior" with Antonio Banderas?

cause the thing id like to know is, how did the scene where he learns their language work for someone who doesnt understand what the vikings say?
im from sweden and i understand perfectly what they say even though its not pure swedish theyre speaking and to me that scene was kinda ridiculous. the movie itself was ok but that scene almost made me laugh.

so im just wondering if that scene works for not swedish understanding people.
I don't get that scene either, Boff. Antonio Banderas might be a language genius, but i'm still not sure how he managed to learn Swedish by listening drunken Vikings talks. Maybe he start from the simple "Yes" and "No" and worked his way up. But that movie got lots of swordfights and slashing and dicing action, so the language scene isnt that important. :D
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
BoffenJL said:
hello there peoples, i have a bit of a question here.

has anyone here seen the movie "13th warrior" with Antonio Banderas?

cause the thing id like to know is, how did the scene where he learns their language work for someone who doesnt understand what the vikings say?
im from sweden and i understand perfectly what they say even though its not pure swedish theyre speaking and to me that scene was kinda ridiculous. the movie itself was ok but that scene almost made me laugh.

so im just wondering if that scene works for not swedish understanding people.
I'm not queite sure what do you mean ;p Is is about that he learnet it fast? Or that for some people it is not understandable?

For me it was rather fantastic thing if it means for all that scene, because it queite fit the thing, that he was supposed to be that 13th warrior, from another country. So he was special :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top