Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coup

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
288
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just saw Mr. Woodcock, against my will. Wasn't great, but it had some funny parts, I guess. And the ending...well, let's just say you'd think I'd like it, but it's really my bane.
Heh, yep. That's exactly how I felt about that movie except the "against my will" part. I wanted to check it out...:darn

Anyway, I forgot to mention a previous movie I saw over the summer, don't know how many of you guys have heard/saw of the movie Sunshine, but its a pretty good watch(better than I expected basically). I didn't plan on seeing it(it was kinda like picking a ticket out of a hat). It has the actor Cillian Murphy(if that helps) and actor who portrays Torch in Fantastic 4.
 

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

OOOOO i forgot about that one, you reminded me Demon, i loveeeed the Kill Bill series, both no.1 and no.2 were awesome, Tarantino however.. is a bit of a weirdo xD.
I always heard there aws meant to be a three but they never made it.. =[
Im sure i heard that aswell. I think it would have been better if there was three, maybe spread the second one out a bit more.
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Heh can anyone tell me if Superbad was funny or not. I still have'nt seen it.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I hear it was very, VERY, hilarious. Definitely worth seeing, although I still have to see it...
 

kaylee

mousou mashiin
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
4,039
Reaction score
813
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

Ah yes, Kill Bill. That's definitely on my list. My favorite semi-recent movie. The rest would be:

Back to the Future (all time favorite movie when I was a kid. prolly watched it once a week for a year or two straight :amuse)
Star Wars (classic. I will never be able to watch this movie too many times)
Lord of the Rings
The Princess Bride :love

oh, and can I add Clerks, Young Frankenstein, and Holy Grail? :D
 

bunshindattebayo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
694
Reaction score
112
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

"Napoleon Dynamite"<--The most boring movie ever made.What's the point of this fucking movie anyway?
 

Leos~

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2007
Messages
175
Reaction score
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

"Napoleon Dynamite"<--The most boring movie ever made.What's the point of this fucking movie anyway?
That movie was pretty bad (except for the dance scene....that dance was pretty sweet) but nothing compares to the horror that is Open Water.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Heh can anyone tell me if Superbad was funny or not. I still have'nt seen it.
Yo, Superbad was just tooo Great man! It was really funny! I could not stop laughing! However, I think the first half of the movie is funnier but the rest is still good to die for.


Anyways, I think the best action movie I've recently seen was Shoot' Em Up. That movie is not only funny but there was action in every scene. Just Great movie.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
That movie looked...action-packed, to say the least. Paul Giamanti or whatever is a pretty good actor, but he just doesn't get put in many good movies. He kicked ass in Lady in the Water, though.

And probably gonna see Across the Universe this weekend.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
i just saw grindhouse and stardust

grindhouse- 9.5/10

stardust- 11/10
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Saw Across the Universe yesterday. Wow, great movie. They found interesting ways to incorporate the Beatles songs, but some of them didn't really sound great. And I thought Bono kinda fucked up I Am the Walrus, which is my fav Beatles song.

Oh, and when they do Come Together with the hippie and the pimps, I couldn't stop laughing.
 

kleomarlo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
93
Reaction score
21
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Worst movies I've seen lately:
The Messengers--a poorly made horror film, so predictable. When I watch this in the cinema, I almost breakdown & cry--for wasting my money

Hellboy--it just sucks...story sucks, character sucks although I like the visual effects
 

ornis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
1,592
Reaction score
154
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

thats for some people...it was all flash and no substance for me....

Out of instinct, I'm not touching that movie, ever... unless I can just watch the action scenes to drool over the CGI....

So who thinks Dead-Man's Chest and SM-3 were crack-pot gems :nuts

Shoot 'Em Up nearly sucks. Great laughs if you ignore the cheese :D
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
stardust is amazing! im so so glad i watched it... lot different from the book, but the movie is so beautifully made. fantastically magical~~ 9/10!
 
Last edited:

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

So who thinks Dead-Man's Chest and SM-3 were crack-pot gems :nuts
...

you've broken me, both those movies were kick-ass. But I do admit, I'm the only person I know who liked POTC 2.
 

ornis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
1,592
Reaction score
154
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Did my research on SM-3... :mad I can blame it on the sript-writer. -_-

I say, because I was amused with his directing, Sam Raimi really did his part. But the script-writer -_-;

That guy put the crack into it.

I understand ya :noworry

Sorry about the Dead's-Man Chest part---it wasn't any worse that At World's End :XD
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

They both kicked ass! I don't follow your "bad-movie" logic...
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Stardust kicked ass <3

and OMFG. I saw Nightmare before Christmas in 3d yesterday and it was <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

I don't know if it's being shown in other countries but there's a special 3D edition of Nightmare Before Christmas being played in select theatres here in America at the moment.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I want to see that movie so badly. Yeah, I may be the only person on the Internets who's never seen all of that movie (first 1/4 :scry). Although, I can play "This is Halloweentown" on my clarinet.

And Stardust was pretty cool. Robert Di Niro as a cross-dressing pirate, ftw.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
And Stardust was pretty cool. Robert Di Niro as a cross-dressing pirate, ftw.
i just finshed the book and im gonna see the film tommorrow, i hope its good and not a waste of my money like kingdom!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top