Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
wow, a dragon ball z movie, I wonder how thats going to turn out. Wonder if they will do a Naruto movie too
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
is it that good?I havent watched any other parts of Indiana Jones,but are they worth watching it?
the answer to your ridiculous question is yes. Indiana Jones (no matter how old you are) is a must see movie series. The last installment pales in comparison to the old films, but still contains the original charm of the franchise. Some people may claim that certain elements of the movie may be cheesy, but to each his own. I was also impressed by Shia Labouf's acting in this movie (this means a lot since i hate his guts...); He's proven that he's definately got more than one character up his sleeve. I found Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to be a great end for a great series. I'll end with that...now go and watch it!


Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull- 10/10
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
paperboy, you happen to have differing views with hunter.

the only thing I can gather is (no i haven't watched it yet) ALIENS? what's that about?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
put a spoiler tag or else you'll have to ban yourself! :ban :rofl

the Indiana Jones movies are loosely based on historical events and legends/rumors.... this one is no different, except involving mayan/incan lore instead of christian lore. another unwritten rule is that any indiana jones movie shall never be given a rating les than 10 or two thumbs up...but not much people know about this unsaid rule..
 

Pix

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 11, 2008
Messages
19
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

1.) Big Fish
2.) Forest Gump
3.) Bruce Almighty
4.) The Green Mile
5.) Bewitched
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
I just watched Indiana Jones and the first half of the movie is definetely funny...I thought Cate Blanchett looks wacky there! BUT....!!! The ending makes me cringe.....it touches on one of those subjects which i totally stays away from >.<

level4paperboy said:
I was also impressed by Shia Labouf's acting in this movie
I agree with you! He's definetely going to be one of those young action leads in the future. Is it true that he'll be the next Indiana?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
i hope not, like i said. i hate his guts, but his performance in the movie was good.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
the answer to your ridiculous question is yes. Indiana Jones (no matter how old you are) is a must see movie series. The last installment pales in comparison to the old films, but still contains the original charm of the franchise. Some people may claim that certain elements of the movie may be cheesy, but to each his own. I was also impressed by Shia Labouf's acting in this movie (this means a lot since i hate his guts...); He's proven that he's definately got more than one character up his sleeve. I found Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to be a great end for a great series. I'll end with that...now go and watch it!


Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull- 10/10
nice to see some people who loved the movie, there is a lot of haters out there


I just watched Indiana Jones and the first half of the movie is definetely funny...I thought Cate Blanchett looks wacky there! BUT....!!! The ending makes me cringe.....it touches on one of those subjects which i totally stays away from >.<


I agree with you! He's definetely going to be one of those young action leads in the future. Is it true that he'll be the next Indiana?
I wouldnt mind him being the next Jones, he fits the part almost perfectly
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
NO it's not Indiana Jones w/o Harrison Ford! if he does become the next indie then i'll make sure to boycott the movie, make a petition for prodcution to stop, and try to kill george lucas for making another big mistake
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
^ u dont have to be so negative, what if they had Harrison Ford play the father of Shia in the new films kinda like Sean Connery did to Ford. It wouldn't be that bad, Harrison will still be in it and the story will continue
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It's still a no. Sir. Sean Connery was never Indiana Jones, where as Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones. Shia Labouf will never become Indiana Jones for one reason: He isn't good enough. I'd hate to see George Lucas ruin another good franchise by messing things up with the casting and story (SW ep1,2 &3). This franchise isn't like James Bond, they can't just shove whoever they want in there. As a big fan of the series, i'd be mortified if they chose to make an Indiana Jones movie w/o Harrison Ford as the lead.
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Finished watching Semi Pro,well that was a boring movie i can say.There were some heart breaking moments,but i wouldnt watch it again.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Just watched The Other Boleyn Girl. 6/10. And what made it just tip off the scale a little bit was Natalie Portman and her crying scenes. Just priceless.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Whcih movies are you guys looking forward to? Personally I haven't seen any of Indiana movies so I didn't look forward to this new one, but here are some of the ones I'm anticipating:

- Dark Knight (obvious, Christian Bale and Health Ledger in it)
- Hancock
- Get Smart (Steve Carell, but comedy movies of this type are a big gamble)
- Wanted (to some degree, looks kinda like Matrix)
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Just seen Jumper again,man i love this movie.8-9/10 for me,i wish i could do that!

Whcih movies are you guys looking forward to? Personally I haven't seen any of Indiana movies so I didn't look forward to this new one, but here are some of the ones I'm anticipating:

- Dark Knight (obvious, Christian Bale and Health Ledger in it)
- Hancock
- Get Smart (Steve Carell, but comedy movies of this type are a big gamble)
- Wanted (to some degree, looks kinda like Matrix)
Ill watch Dark Knight,im waiting for this especialy,its gonna be great as the first one.Waiting for Hancock to,thats gonna be funny i can feel it.Ill see Wanted to cause Angelina and Freeman is in there.And theres the Incredible Hulk and more movies...
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Ill see Wanted to cause Angelina and Freeman is in there.
I think that's partly why I'm doing that myself, heh. But last time I did that for Mr and Mrs Smith I was disappointed, so I wouldn't expect much out of this one.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
It's still a no. Sir. Sean Connery was never Indiana Jones, where as Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones. Shia Labouf will never become Indiana Jones for one reason: He isn't good enough. I'd hate to see George Lucas ruin another good franchise by messing things up with the casting and story (SW ep1,2 &3). This franchise isn't like James Bond, they can't just shove whoever they want in there. As a big fan of the series, i'd be mortified if they chose to make an Indiana Jones movie w/o Harrison Ford as the lead.
say what you want about Star Wars 1 and 2 but come on, 3 was good, awesome fight scenes like Yoda vs the Sith and Obe one vs Anakin. The parts where Anakin and Padme were kinda gay but other than that it was good
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
1,2, and 3 were total crap to SW purists...i'm a hardcore fan, and the very first time "midichloreans" was mentioned i knew the "new trology" was gonna suck, and to lots of us old school fans, it did.

personally i'm waiting for Dark Knight and Get Smart. Christian Bale and Heath Ledger are both great, but sadly underrated actors. And as soon as i saw the fat dude from Borat i've been giddy over watching Get Smart.
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I think that's partly why I'm doing that myself, heh. But last time I did that for Mr and Mrs Smith I was disappointed, so I wouldn't expect much out of this one.
I think she did a good job,ive seen it a couple times already and i think ill watch it again.

say what you want about Star Wars 1 and 2 but come on, 3 was good, awesome fight scenes like Yoda vs the Sith and Obe one vs Anakin. The parts where Anakin and Padme were kinda gay but other than that it was good
YEah 3rd one was realy good,i mean the new look of Vader was awesome,and the fight with Yoda and Sith was amazing to,but Anakin and Obes fight was the best..
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Whcih movies are you guys looking forward to? Personally I haven't seen any of Indiana movies so I didn't look forward to this new one, but here are some of the ones I'm anticipating:

- Dark Knight (obvious, Christian Bale and Health Ledger in it)
- Hancock
- Get Smart (Steve Carell, but comedy movies of this type are a big gamble)
- Wanted (to some degree, looks kinda like Matrix)
dark knight is the movie i'm most looking forward to this summer. my friends and i have already decided to watch it at the imax :nuts

get smart also looks good. steve carell is a perfect fit for the role of maxwell smart. i just hope the script is funny enough. like you said, movies like this could go either way.

i'm not really sure about wanted, though. it looks really cool and slick, but i'm afraid it may lack substance. but even if the story isn't that strong, the special effects might be cool enough to make the movie entertaining. it's hard to say.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top