Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Thats onle here in the Phils BB... It was shown in the cinemas in more liberal countries.
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
@HK- The Machine Girl! One of the best Japanese B-films I've seen in a while! :D

Does that B stand for bullshit??

Something with Jay and Silent Bob? and has violence (like, blood and gunshots and angels with wings torn off and shit)?

Dogma. good luck finding a copy though. Since the Catholic church kinda purged it.


Yeah exactly Dogma,I checked that out at imdb,gonna watch it later tonight.Ive seen it a couple of times,when I was a kid,that monster of shit was gross.
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Yeah Ive seen the trailer once a month or so ago and it looked terrible and now after Ive seen it again,I say this its terrible,I definantly aint gonna check that out,definantly.For real films with these kind of special effects dont satisfy me at all,I just cant watch it.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Special effects? :rofl Machine Girl's got little effects in em, it's mostly props! It's a great movie to watch when you're really bored or really pissed off! :D
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@paperboy
i had really high hopes for machine girl but i had to stop about halfway through it. it was just too ridiculous without enough irony to pull it through, unlike with other films in its genre (ie ichi the killer and evil dead films).

i kinda mentioned this already but if you haven't seen them, check out the first two films in the night watch trilogy (go with the russian cuts, though). there should be enough in there to keep you entertained, hk.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
hahaha machine girl was just too exploited its ridiculous... they're doing it wrong, look at the grindhouse movies, those are good exploitation movies
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It was all too "over the top", but I found it entertaining! :D I likes teh violence! :D

Ichi the killer and The evil dead series are ok! Great "when you're bored" movies! :D
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Saw:

Live free or die hard :D man good movie,I seen it once,but it was a cam-rip,but now this was totaly different,I realy enjoyed it,I loved Maggie Q she was so hot,damn,I would think twice if I should kill her if I would be John,great movie,had hot girls and Bruce Willis is still the shit,8/10.

Superbad McLovin,first time Ive seen,I said it was overrated,didnt even watch it till the end and them somehow I got into the movie,cause the lady who sold tickets didnt think my friends were 16 and so we couldnt go into 1408 movie,so we went for Superbad,it was Lithuanian and I was sure that this will suck even more,but I was rolling,it was hella funny and know when Ive seen it again in English,It was bonofied bad ass,Mclovin was the shit,"Whats up gangsters?" :D yeah awesome,gave me some ideas to. 8/10


And kaliayev who gave you that idea that John Cena will be Scott Piligrim?
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i never said that. michael cera (arrested development and superbad) was cast for that role.

p.s. who the bloody hell is john cena?
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Yeah, the marine... "He's a marine... one of the best" :rofl
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@HK- Yes, feel the awesomeness that is McLovin! :rofl
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
HK, I believe it was me who mentioned about Scott Pilgrim, not kalia. -_-;

And it's not John Cena, it's Michael Cera.

 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
A Guide To Recognize your Saints very nice movie,realy liked the actin,so much fun actors in it,Downey,Shia and Tatum,I enjoyed,I thought it be boring for a guy like me,but I was wrong,I should check out more movies with Downey,as I said Shia is a good actor.And the movie I could say 8-9/10


HK, I believe it was me who mentioned about Scott Pilgrim, not kalia. -_-;

And it's not John Cena, it's Michael Cera.




Yeah,I wanted to say the same that its gonna be him :) I still dont get it why create such a lame hero,anyway Ima check it out anyway when the movies comes out.I should go check out Juno now.

@HK- Yes, feel the awesomeness that is McLovin! :rofl

"Whats up Gangsters?"






McLovin not only on the set!

kaliayev said:
i never said that. michael cera (arrested development and superbad) was cast for that role.

p.s. who the bloody hell is john cena?

Sorry my bad man :)
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Christopher Mintz-Plasse (McLovin/Fogell) oddly resembles Stephen Colbert from "The Daily Show with John Stewart" and "The Colbert Report"
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang Wow,strange I found another movie with Downey Jr. and this type of movie,man this was awesome,last time I was laughtin out of a movie like that was probably last time I saw Superbad,but nevermind,this gave me a real laugh,Robert is definantly a great actor and gonna watch more of his movies,I cant wait to see Tropic Thunder. I could say a 9/10,maybe 8.5,whatever the rating may be I liked the movie and you should check it out.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Big Stan- Funny, a little corny at times, but quite entertaining as a whole. 8/10

Street Kings- Entertaining and quite fun to watch... I just wish there was more killing. 8.5/10
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Finally, I get to watch Taken. And as I expected, this is one damn good movie. It starts with a bit of a drama but the rest of it is action packed, a thrilling action that is. A must watch movie, and undoubtedly way better than Wanted.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top