Platforms The Nintendo Wii and DSi Thread

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Awesome new DS stuff

Khaludh said:
Hmmz, Pheonix Wright will be released in the netherlands on march 31th... the same day as Animal Crossing will be... choices choices, suggestions?
I've played a little bit of the lawyer game, but nothing much... Animal crossing is fun as far as I've heard, though I haven't played it yet....
You should get Bleach DS and play me a round via wireless :D
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Awesome new DS stuff

Yeah, Bleach DS would be cool, but i do not know if that will even make it to europe...

EDIT: Awwwww, i've checked, and Bleach DS will not make it to the netherlands... though there is good hope the Naruto ( NGC + NDS) games WILL  :amuse - those will be on my list anyways...

Oh, and btw, if people have Mario Kart DS, want to play vs me sometimes? I'm not that good but it'll be funny to play against people i 'know' from far away :eyeroll
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Awesome new DS stuff

you could just import it :). I know a few good importing sites if you want :p
 

bebong

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
430
Reaction score
2
Re: Awesome new DS stuff

Bleach DS looks sucky honestly even though I like bleach. I watched the trailer DVD from v jump. the graphic was okay but the movements aren't smooth. Jump Superstars looks ton cooler IMO
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Awesome new DS stuff

Well, i haven't seen it, but if the gameplay is cool, the graphix aren't important, to quote a friend of me:
"graphix are for luring buyers, gameplay is there to keep them"
 

bebong

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
430
Reaction score
2
Re: Awesome new DS stuff

I dunno, its just quite weird. like 2d game you can swith to one platform to another like mighty morphjin power rangers the movie in nintendo 64. roughly the gameplay is like that
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

Part of me just died
 

rodnylee

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

oh gosh... please bring back the old days when the n64 ruled supreme and nintendo was still making good games... oh the inhumanity
 

michael

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

:o :barf :faint

Who in their right mind changed the name into... THAT?! "Wii" is godawful! As I commented in the petition: "Bad marketing move, Nintendo"
 

ddrussianinja

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

People said the same thing about the name GameCube.
 

spactaa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
161
Reaction score
1
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

Nowadays, more and more people keep spending their time arguing about stuff like that, and less and less of them actualy play, just the opinion of some veteran gamer :|.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

I play games a lot, and i liked the name GameCube from the beginning, but "Wii" is just aweful... ( though the double ii has always been a favourite of mine, it's just coincidence i didn't use it in my username :p ).

And yes, even though games with cheesy names can still be brilliant *cough*twilightprincess*cough*, the name "Wii" killed the feeling of awesome-ness i had about the nextgen-tendo... Revolution was an ok name, not great, but ok. THIS just...

*sits in a corner and weeps*
 

WolfCloud

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

sigh even here it hits

the names just arkward and doesnt really appeal to the american ppl much. Personally revolution was probably the best name to call it. O well ppl will soon get use to it (i hope)
 

Iwanin

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2005
Messages
450
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

Ayah said:
:o :barf :faint
Who in their right mind changed the name into... THAT?!
Japanese executives who work for a company which has a very traditionalist, isolated corporate culture, such that they're unable to see how cumbersome the name might prove to English speakers.

I see can see it now:

Customers: "Excuse us, we I'd like a wii."

Clerk: "A what?"

Customers: "Wii".

Clerk: "I heard you. What do you want?"

Customer: "A wii, dammit!!! We wanna wii!!!"

To be fair, the name's just as dorky as "PlayStation" - however, the latter is not a first person pronoun. Therein lies the problem.

I somehow doubt they would have just as easily named it "Wareware", one of the many Japanese ways of saying "we". I'm also curious how French speakers will take to it, seeing as how it means "yes" in French.

It's really a great, catchy name for the Japanese market, but over on this side of the pond it's gonna be sooooo uncool to be associated with something called "wii."

Little kids who buy it will be laughed at by their peers for playing with their wiinies. The controller's shape won't help.

I guess this will prove once and for all if a console's name has any actual effect on its sales...  :tem

Ultimately, I'm very disappointed in the Big Wii N. It's just one more example of how Nintendo's vision is so narrow they believe all customers are like Japanese customers.[br]Posted at: April 27, 2006, 03:36:32 PM_________________________________________________
Khal said:
*sits in a corner and weeps*
You mean wiips. :amuse
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

Iwanin said:
You mean wiips.
You know, from this moment, everybody that reads this is on a mission, we must make the Wii thing just as popular as the iPod's iMarketing iStrategy iOf iPutting iI's iIn iFront iOf iEverything! And be sure to use copyright marks!
 

WolfCloud

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

nintendos gonna WIIn this generation console race
 

spactaa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
161
Reaction score
1
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

I live in france, just picture this:
"Je voudrais une oui (wii) s'il vous plait..."
"Du!!"
In english it woulddo something like that:
->"I'd like a yes please..."
-"Duh!"
Strange, but well, It won't change the way I'll sleep tonight.
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: W T F?!!! Nintendo "Wii"?!

Khal said:
I play games a lot, and i liked the name GameCube from the beginning, but "Wii" is just aweful... ( though the double ii has always been a favourite of mine, it's just coincidence i didn't use it in my username :p ).
ok Khalii xD

well the name is... but I think we need to get used to it because i doubt they will really change it. Maybe if we and a few million other fanboys/girls camp in front of their office for the next months xD
 
Top