Platforms - The Nintendo Wii and DSi Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Platforms The Nintendo Wii and DSi Thread

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
[mod=vintagemistakes]
Welcome the the Nintendo Wii and DSi thread!

Here, you'll be able to discuss anything and everything related to Nintendos Wii and DSi product lineup.

Of course, General Rules, Guidelines, and Forum Etiquette apply.

So, have fun and discuss away:D[/mod]

Taken from here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/060126.html

任天堂株式会社(京都市南区:社長 岩田聡)は今年3月2日に、携帯型ビデオゲーム機「ニンテンドーDS」の上位モデルにあたる「ニンテンドーDS Lite」をメーカー希望小売価格16,800円(税込:専用ACアダプタ付属)で発売いたします。
Nintendo Corporation (Kyoto north branch: President Iwata Satoru) Will sell a new upgraded version of the portable Nintendo DS called Nintendo-DS Lite for the estimated price of 16,800 Yen (tax and AC adapter included.)

2004年12月2日に国内販売を開始いたしました「ニンテンドーDS」(税込希望小売価格15,000円)は、ダブルスクリーン、タッチスクリーン、マイク入力、ワイヤレス通信(ローカル通信及びWi-Fi通信)などのユニークな機能を満載し、従来からビデオゲームを楽しんでこられた皆様はもちろん、今まで一度もゲームをされたことのない多くの女性やシニア層のお客様にもご支持をいただいた結果、国内累計セルスルー台数(小売店からお客様への実売台数)が発売後13ヶ月以内に500万台を突破(これまで国内で販売された全ビデオゲーム機中最速;MediaCreate社調べ)し、2005年末時点の国内向け販売台数は570万台に達しています。

On December 2nd 2004 started selling the Nintendo DS all throughout Japan (estimated price was 15,000 yen) which featured dual screens, touch pad, microphone capability, as well as Wireless net (via wifi) a fully loaded unique system. So far the system has been able to draw in a bunch of women and seniors who, until this system, had never played a game. Because of that the total of units sold (from shops to customers) has reached a record breaking 5,000,000 units sold in a speedy 13months time, which is the fastest that any game system has sold, in Japan.(Researched by MediaCreate). By the end of 2005 a total of 5,700,000 units have been sold domesticaly.

当社がこの度新発売いたします「ニンテンドーDSLite」は、「ニンテンドーDS」のユニークで多彩な機能はそのままに、本体を薄型軽量化することで携帯性を一層高め、画面を更に明るくすることが可能な4段階の輝度調整機能を搭載した上位機種です。(「軽い」、「明るい」の意味から「Lite」と名付けております。)
So on this occation this firm wants to present the new Nintendo DS Lite. The Nintendo DS Lite is the Nintendo-DS with all it's functions with the body slimmer and it lighter to make it even more portable, also the screen's brightness will be changable to up to 4 different levels right out of the box. "It is light, it is bright, we have named it Lite for a reason" (took this from Opium, couldn't think of anyway better :p)

任天堂は、年齢・性別・ゲーム経験の有無を問わず、幅広いお客様にお楽しみいただける魅力的な対応ソフトを更に充実・拡充させるだけでなく、この「ニンテンドーDS Lite」という上位モデルの投入により、携帯型ゲーム機市場における存在を一層強固なものとし、圧倒的な普及を実現してまいります。
Nintendo has not only created a system to appeal to anyone regardless of sex or age with fun games, but with the new superior Nintendo-DS LITE Nintendo is going to create an overwhelming growth in the portable system market.

Spec info can be found here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=30009&pid=393043&st=0&#entry393043

Last edited by a moderator:

Raine_Joybringer

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: New version of Nintendo DS

Hmm, that's interesting. The different light settings would definately be a big advantage over the original DS since it does get tedious at times. I'm a bit 'meh' about making it light though; I don't know if it'd make much of a difference in portability.

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that they're releasing it so soon after making the original. It just seems to scream 'Dump your old system and give us more profits!'.

But if it is more comfortable like it's being reported to be, then I'm all for it. My hands cramp up pretty bad after only playing for a few minutes.

But anyway, it reminds me of this comic- http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=53 Poor little Gameboy Advanced...

lolomaru

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score

yesterday, nintendo said that they won't create a new ds.
and soon later, it appears that another one is coming !
did you see the pîcture?
it seems great, lighter and i find the color beautiful, a kind of pure white !

kaze950

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

is it only in japan? if so, would a japanese system be able to play America game

Feri

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

hope they make the speakers better aswell. Thats the thing i hate the most on the DS atm.
Double post fixed. - MnK

Meijin no Kori

Hmm, since I haven't even bought the original DS, it sounds good to me. :amuse I wonder when it will come to the U.S.

bebong

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score

oh kool, I'm gonna save my munny.How much does it cost??Oh, I'll just buy it in June for my b'day present. I don't have one ^^

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece

Hmm, I'm still reluctant to buy a DS anyway... money will always be an issue. After all, with my current lifestyle I don't think I'll be using it at all! Most of my games end up unfinished... poor games... cruel time. I should read In Search of Lost Time... I probably will [insert twisted self sarcastic smiley]

@Raine --> That's one of the few VG cat strips I've read and still it's one of my favs along with the FFVII/Lineage one :amuse

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Awesome new DS stuff

Check out the latest on gamespot, especially the pics. The DS is coming out with all sorts of crazy shit, including a TV tuner, web browser, kanji dictionary and more!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6144345.html

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Re: Awesome new DS stuff

awesome ... :)

Miso

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

It gets voice over IP. The web stuff sounds cool, especially with the Kanji dict.

Meijin no Kori

Awesome! The DS is becoming more useful every day. :amuse Love the kanji dictionary thing. Drawing the kanji is definently MUCH easier than searching by the number of strokes. Makes learning Japanese/translating most things easier and is more encourage for me to learn Japanese.

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Which one of you guys actually owns a DS? I do... love the way they made it so much cheaper then sony's psp, that must have took quite a bite out of psp's buyers... and in europe, they postponed the psp release for half a year after the ds was released... anyway, i'm definately going to 'pimp up' my ds when i have the chance... options :)

devo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score

I've got one. I play it more than my consoles these days.  :amuse

Working on beating Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney right now.

Edit: Also, since I'll be taking Japanese next year, I'll have to be sure to import the Kanji Dictionary and Letter Training 'games'.

Meijin no Kori

Khaludh said:
Which one of you guys actually owns a DS? I do... love the way they made it so much cheaper then sony's psp, that must have took quite a bite out of psp's buyers... and in europe, they postponed the psp release for half a year after the ds was released... anyway, i'm definately going to 'pimp up' my ds when i have the chance... options :)
I don't. -_- And whenever I get the money too buy one, I always end up spending it on something else...

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

devo said:
Working on beating Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney right now.
Cool, that game has yet to reach europe... how is it? so far all the 'touch! generation' i.e. the funny games based on the ds's special functions have been major successes... ( note: succes for nintendo != ( is not-sign ) succes for my wallet ) ;)

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan

I do, I've been playing it more than I should... hehehe. I got Jump super stars and just got Bleach DS as well :). I still have yet to get that dictionary, though I have my PDA for that.. so it's on my things to get eventually list, the bimoji game sounds awesome and the other new dictionary too :D. I mean, honestly buying the DS was the best purchase I have made :amuse.

devo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score

Khaludh said:
Cool, that game has yet to reach europe... how is it? so far all the 'touch! generation' i.e. the funny games based on the ds's special functions have been major successes...  ( note: succes for nintendo != ( is not-sign ) succes for my wallet ) ;)
It's really really good. No game has made me feel more intelligent than this one.

Do yourself a favor and snatch it up immediately when it's released in Europe. The game sold poorly in America, so Capcom cut printing short, making the game rare and expensive in the process. A new copy costs upwards of sixty dollars nowadays.

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

I've had one pretty much since it came out.  It's my most played system, including PC and arcade games.  It's just got SO MUCH out and coming out, and 99% of it is real quality stuff.  As more quirky, lower-priced sorta-games like Brain Age spread out over the world, and Nintento WiFi gets more robust and more games use it, the DS is going to be every bit as ubiquitous as the GBA.

The Touch! Generation is seriously where its at.

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Hmmz, Pheonix Wright will be released in the netherlands on march 31th... the same day as Animal Crossing will be... choices choices, suggestions?