Discussion The Official Lucy Heartfilia Thread

Your favourite Celestial Star Dress

  • Aquarius

    Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Leo

    Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Sagitarius

    Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Aries

    Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Gemini

    Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Scorpio

    Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Virgo

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Taurus

    Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Cancer

    Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Capricorn

    Votes: 5 6.9%

  • Total voters
    72

strikefreedom

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2017
Messages
2,420
Reaction score
3,484
Age
34
Country
France
It all depends on the strength it has and therefore what it will get.

For example, with the taurus form, we do not know its exact strength, but with 100% taurus, it will be much stronger physically.

Lucy could for example lift huge boulders (no exaggeration of course), or just her lucy punch would be 'almost' or as strong as natsu's normal fire fist.

With aquarius she could handle a lot more water.

Or just with 100% it would double these physical and magical capacity.

After yes with Aries or Virgo it will not change much in itself.
 

mwarren100

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
189
Reaction score
127
Age
28
Country
United States
It all depends on the strength it has and therefore what it will get.

For example, with the taurus form, we do not know its exact strength, but with 100% taurus, it will be much stronger physically.

Lucy could for example lift huge boulders (no exaggeration of course), or just her lucy punch would be 'almost' or as strong as natsu's normal fire fist.

With aquarius she could handle a lot more water.

Or just with 100% it would double these physical and magical capacity.

After yes with Aries or Virgo it will not change much in itself.
Thanks for liking my Lucy posts btw. Best girl is going to get upgraded whether people like it or not and I'm gonna be laughing.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The Spirits transforming into weapons would be kinda cool, though it's a bit redundant since we already have weapons in some of her star dresses.

As far as the power-levels goes, the star dresses mix already makes Lucy more powerful than her spirits. I think she's in a pretty good place right now. She doesn't have to be super OP to still be my favorite character. I just want her to be at least strong enough so that she's not a complete pushover against regular villains.
 

mwarren100

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
189
Reaction score
127
Age
28
Country
United States
The Spirits transforming into weapons would be kinda cool, though it's a bit redundant since we already have weapons in some of her star dresses.

As far as the power-levels goes, the star dresses mix already makes Lucy more powerful than her spirits. I think she's in a pretty good place right now. She doesn't have to be super OP to still be my favorite character. I just want her to be at least strong enough so that she's not a complete pushover against regular villains.
We deserve overpowered Lucy. She deserves it .
 

One4All

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2019
Messages
466
Reaction score
1,082
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
The Spirits transforming into weapons would be kinda cool, though it's a bit redundant since we already have weapons in some of her star dresses.

As far as the power-levels goes, the star dresses mix already makes Lucy more powerful than her spirits. I think she's in a pretty good place right now. She doesn't have to be super OP to still be my favorite character. I just want her to be at least strong enough so that she's not a complete pushover against regular villains.
Is SDM really more powerful than her spirits?I mean,she’s suppose to have only a part of their powers.For example, VirgoXLeo Stardress should be weaker than Virgo and Leo combined by far margin. That’s why I think Lucy should just absorb them 100% instead of summoning them because they were just summoned either for comedic purposes or they were not much a help at all, especially now that she has her stardress. Instead of humiliating them by summoning them and make them useless,they should just be fully absorbed by Lucy to be useful in battle. Atleast, that could save some panels.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The Spirits transforming into weapons would be kinda cool, though it's a bit redundant since we already have weapons in some of her star dresses.

As far as the power-levels goes, the star dresses mix already makes Lucy more powerful than her spirits. I think she's in a pretty good place right now. She doesn't have to be super OP to still be my favorite character. I just want her to be at least strong enough so that she's not a complete pushover against regular villains.
Is SDM really more powerful than her spirits?I mean,she’s suppose to have only a part of their powers.For example, VirgoXLeo Stardress should be weaker than Virgo and Leo combined by far margin. That’s why I think Lucy should just absorb them 100% instead of summoning them because they were just summoned either for comedic purposes or they were not much a help at all, especially now that she has her stardress. Instead of humiliating them by summoning them and make them useless,they should just be fully absorbed by Lucy to be useful in battle since Hiro doesn’t have any plans for them it seems. Atleast, that could also save some panels.
 

One4All

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2019
Messages
466
Reaction score
1,082
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
There's an Official Lucy Heartfilia Discussion though.
 

mwarren100

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
189
Reaction score
127
Age
28
Country
United States
It will be interesting to see Lucy's future character development as she grows stronger.
Has she finally noticed her weakness and has no self confidence.
 

Cosmicstar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
1,289
Reaction score
1,797
Age
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Honestly I just want Hiro to use Lucy's powers to their potential. No powerups for me I just want her current power to properly be shown off. Like with Stardress and her spirits. If Lucy is at bare minimum 3x stronger I expect her spirits to also be bare minimum 3x stronger and to see their attacks get stronger and better. Seeing as Hiro couldn't even bother for any new designs for the spirits I am not holding my breathe on that front.
 

mwarren100

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
189
Reaction score
127
Age
28
Country
United States
Honestly I just want Hiro to use Lucy's powers to their potential. No powerups for me I just want her current power to properly be shown off. Like with Stardress and her spirits. If Lucy is at bare minimum 3x stronger I expect her spirits to also be bare minimum 3x stronger and to see their attacks get stronger and better. Seeing as Hiro couldn't even bother for any new designs for the spirits I am not holding my breathe on that front.
I think she still needs a powerup to compete . She is too far from the rest of the team to justify her not receiving one and she deserves to shine.
 

strikefreedom

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2017
Messages
2,420
Reaction score
3,484
Age
34
Country
France
As it was said what lucy needs is a good boost and there with the Spiritor it is ideal.

So I hope that she will save this for the next arc or that she will train to be able to do it again, kept boosting + summoned her spirits without her keys.

For the ARC Ignia et viernes, the beginning of ignia we see her training for that but she is not doing it very well yet and for viernes she will succeed because for me she has had these keys stolen.

But I expect that lucy is more fighting too, as against mimi, she is all alone and has to manage, no one comes to help her.

What could use her mixed stradress longer too.

Its writes itself but mashima does nothing for that, if he happens to give Rebecca a good fight, there is no reason why he can't do it with lucy.
 

Cosmicstar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
1,289
Reaction score
1,797
Age
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I think she still needs a powerup to compete . She is too far from the rest of the team to justify her not receiving one and she deserves to shine.
This type of thinking is the reason why Lucy seems "Weak". Also outside of Erza and Natsu the rest haven't actually performed that better than her in the 100 year quest.

The reasons characters like Natsu and Wendy seem strong is because we are seeing their specific magics being properly used.

With her Stardress she could potentially move at light speeds, turn invisible, create holograms/illusions, negate Dark magic, go intangible, create sand golems, sand magic, water magic, Earth magic, Lasers, super strength, Gravity, high defense, extreme intelligence, etc. Until we see the full potential of stardress mix I don't want to see any new powerups because regardless of how many powerups you give Lucy unless there shown off she will always feel like she is getting the short end. We need consistent writing if it is established the stronger Lucy becomes the stronger the spirits become then show it off.
 

Rigel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2016
Messages
1,888
Reaction score
3,801
Age
26
Country
Brazil
Lucy needs two things:
* Face a powerful opponent alone and defeat him.
* Have your magic exploited in a decent way.

As long as this does not happen, she will remain in that pathetic situation.
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,042
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
Lucy needs two things:
* Face a powerful opponent alone and defeat him.
* Have your magic exploited in a decent way.

As long as this does not happen, she will remain in that pathetic situation.
Hopefully the opponent proves themselves first before that happens
 

mwarren100

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
189
Reaction score
127
Age
28
Country
United States
Lucy needs two things:
* Face a powerful opponent alone and defeat him.
* Have your magic exploited in a decent way.

As long as this does not happen, she will remain in that pathetic situation.
Just let her become the moon dragon slayer or gain heavenly body magic at this point
 

Shaz

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 26, 2021
Messages
7
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Country
United States
Originally when I started Fairy Tail I had watched Rave Master before. One of the things I appreciated was how Hiro Mashima did his female characters. He gave them unique personalities that made you laugh. Lucy Heartfelia turned out to be that character. A perfect companion to Natsu. Her team up with Natsu and Happy was magic.
 

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2021
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
1,138
Gender
Male
Country
France
This thread is inactive since almost seven months :emocat

Let's revive it with a few questions about best girl.

Do you like Lucy's character? Whatever your answer is, why?

How strong do you think Lucy is? Where would you rank her in the guild?
And even in the series overall?

What's your favorite Lucy's fight? Your least favorite?

Your favorite Star Dress (Mix)? And Celestial Spirit? Your least favorites?

Do you think Lucy will have the occasion to fight a BDSK? If yes, solo or in team?

Would you like to see CSK again? If yes, when, why and how (i.e in which circumstances)?

If you want Lucy to have a power-up, what would it be?
 
Last edited:

Rigel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2016
Messages
1,888
Reaction score
3,801
Age
26
Country
Brazil
This thread is inactive since almost seven months :emocat

Let's revive it with a few questions about best girl.

Do you like Lucy's character? Whatever your answer is, why?

How strong do you think Lucy is? Where would you rank her in the guild?
And even in the series overall?

What's your favorite Lucy's fight? Your least favorite?

Your favorite Star Dress (Mix)? And Celestial Spirit? Your least favorites?

Do you think Lucy will have the occasion to fight a BDSK? If yes, solo or in team?

Would you like to see CSK again? If yes, when, why and how (i.e in which circumstances)?

If you want Lucy to have a power-up, what would it be?
1. I like Lucy because her personality looks very realistic. She is also full of good qualities: charismatic, funny, determined [...].

2. I think Lucy is at the same level as always (among the relevant characters). Perhaps his only improvement was to surpass
Juvia, and Laxus' team, but that's been a long time ago. Overall, I think she's capable of beating Kagura and Minerva, but only because those two haven't been exploited. I think they are the best measure of power for current Lucy.

3. Lucy vs Tartarus is my favorite fight. That arc was one of the rare moments where we saw the spirits acting seriously and Lucy needed to overcome those opponents. Her opponents were also very strong and relevant to the arc, that was really cool. As for the what fight I like least... I'm not a big fan of the treatment she received gives from Minerva. It seemed like a cheap way to give a reason to encourage a rivalry between Erza and Minerva.

4. My favorite Star Dress...I really like Cancer, she looks pretty serious in this form. Gemini is my favorite spirit. He is very powerful, versatile and has a very interesting design. Ah I don't like Sagittarius, Cancer, Taurus. Their designs and personality makes Lucy's magic seem ridiculous.

5. I don't know, but if I were to bet, I would say Lucy would "help" Natsu against Suzaku. It's extremely unlikely that Lucy will face one of them alone, Mashima would never surpass the power level standard he created in Team A. Unfortunately.

6. Yes, I would. It would be nice if Lucy could summon him in an event involving the key of Aquarius. The best scenario would be the 12 keys being brought together and serving as a catalyst to create a key for him.

7. I wish Mashima had the decency to respect the concepts he established himself and make Lucy's spirits finally evolve in terms of power. They do not need a second form, Mashima just need to do a few small design changes and improvements to the spirits magics and they would be fine in terms of development. I don't like the Star Dress Mix concept because I feel like Lucy isn't getting better. Mashima is just giving random spells to each new form. This is not development.

Your magic is your spirits. I would even understand that Lucy could improve Star Dress, as long as this happened because the spirits improved in terms of power and had changes in their spells.

The evolution of the spirits would justify improvements in Star Dress. Lion Maiden, for example, could just be a new Leo Form spell.
 

Cosmicstar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
1,289
Reaction score
1,797
Age
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
When it comes to Lucy's power I think it is just a lack of trying in Hiro part. I know Hiro is a hard worker but there are areas in which case I think he phones it in. Lucy's magic is one of those areas. He introduces great concepts but rarely follows through. In the begining Lucy was actively looking for new celestial keys but that didn't last long. She hasn't received a new key since Tenrou island. The spirits getting stronger as Lucy raises her magic power was stated but never shown. Lucy got 3x stronger minimum by the Tartarous arc in magical power yet Aquarius was weaker than she was during her first appearance. Leo still fought at the same level he did when he fought Bicklow during the fighting festival. None of the other spirits got stronger than they were.pre tenrou island.

We then got introduced to spirit combination attacks but that was only used twice. Then we get stardress and Stardress mix which is underused. He nerfs Lucy so that she can only go into stardress mix for a bit when it is established stardress only uses a portion of the spirits power and Lucy can open 2 gates at once for long periods of time thus a stardress mix should be able to be used just as long.

It would have made more sense if Lucy power progression was as followed.

Gaining a good amount of keys. Not just gold. Lucy should have over 30 keys given there is atleast 88 constellations which the spirits are based on. Taking out the gold 13 keys a and rarer ones like Draco, Cephus,Etc. There should be atleast over 50 silver store brought keys available for Lucy to get.

Raising her magical power.

Spirits strength increase

The spirits learn to perform Unison raids or as they call combination attacks with each other.

Lucy can combine Spirits together creating a spirit mix which is a combo of two of more spirits to create a new spirit. Similar to Stardress mix.

Lucy studies with the spirits to learn thier magic and study with Crux to learn some more uber celestial spells like Urano Metria.

Lucy eventually learns to merge with her spirits.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,964
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Do you like Lucy's character? Whatever your answer is, why?
I sure like her character (I just dont like the way Mashima abuses her is all, it's too much imo. Needs to get serious with her at times). Her being the key in every arc and the narrator is my favorite. She always stays positive and optimistic. She never gives up. She's humble even though she owns a mountain.

How strong do you think Lucy is? Where would you rank her in the guild? And even in the series overall?
I rank her in Elfman and Wendy tier.
1. Gildarts, Natsu tier
2. Laxus, Erza, Jellal tier
3. Gray, Gajeel, Mira tier
4. Lucy, Elfman, Wendy tier

What's your favorite Lucy's fight? Your least favorite?
The emotional ones. Tartaros (Lucy breaking Aquarius key and summoning the king) and Nirvana (Lucy vs Angel). Least fav is vs Kain I think.

Your favorite Star Dress (Mix)? And Celestial Spirit? Your least favorites?
Non-mix: Sagittarius form because I like archery. Mix: Leo x Virgo, Lion Maiden looked cool. Favorite spirit: Gemini and Plue because they are ultra cute, maybe Horologium, saved Lucy many times. I dont have least fav stardress, but for spirit, I think Taurus? He's pervert and useless sometimes. Lucy should punish him (lol).

Do you think Lucy will have the occasion to fight a BDSK? If yes, solo or in team?
There's always a chance, maybe vs Misaki or Suzaku. In team.

Would you like to see CSK again? If yes, when, why and how (i.e in which circumstances)?
CSK is awesome and cool, but summoning him is forbidden and risky, isnt it. Unless Lucy learns to summon him without breaking any key in the future.

If you want Lucy to have a power-up, what would it be?
More stardress mix, more non-celestial spirit magic like Urano Metria
 
Top