The Quiet Earth

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Teubier au rapport !

I've been out of this thread too long, I missed your departure
Gomenmasai, Gomenmasai

From the vids and photos everything looks fine. In which part of Japan are you exactly ? And from you first video, it really seems like Japanese don't like beaches. It reminds me the one in shikoku which was full of concrete too, although there was a wonderful elevator music in the background that you don't seem to have.

Not uncommon maybe, but here french is quite uncommon especially since it's kinda the countryside. But I found one bottle (I mean french Rosé, not something from south american countries, y'know...) that doesn't seem too shabby, called Le Parisien. The name is a joke, but it's from the Gironde, Parempuyre exactly, so while it will not be the best kind of rosé for sure (Côtes-de-Provence), it should be nice.
I wonder if they read "les gouttes de dieu" (forgot the japanese name) in Japan, it is supposed to be a big hit there too.

And have you got some day off for the golden week, anything planned ?
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,440
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Teubier au rapport !

I've been out of this thread too long, I missed your departure
Gomenmasai, Gomenmasai
Iie, iie, betsuni. ^^

From the vids and photos everything looks fine. In which part of Japan are you exactly ? And from you first video, it really seems like Japanese don't like beaches. It reminds me the one in shikoku which was full of concrete too, although there was a wonderful elevator music in the background that you don't seem to have.
Yupyup it is, overall it is grandiose. I'm currently in the Aichi prefecture, staying in Ehimacho to be precise.
That depends, regarding their seeming lack of interest for beaches. Because the Uchinada beach (near Kanazawa), back in 2009, was attended by a lot of soothingly wishful japanese at the time. The video was taken during a workday, and the spot where I landed at seemed, given the road leading to it and the really tiny parking area nearby, like a more or less unknown spot, quite wild. There were silhouettes of people chilling to the far east (left of the camera's field of vision). Are there pictures of the beach from Shikoku that you took, somewhere on the internet?
And elevator music? Sérieusly? Une plage hi-fi, ça c'est le l'luxe! :blink


I wonder if they read "les gouttes de dieu" (forgot the japanese name) in Japan, it is supposed to be a big hit there too.

And have you got some day off for the golden week, anything planned ?
I'm pretty sure that they do, though I can't guarantee it, but given the interest that they have for wine, especially around the big cities, there is no way it wouldn't earn some hearty welcome in Japan.

I'm not involved by the Golden Week in any way I believe, as I'm living a rural way of life these three months, and if my next two hosts are acting the same way as this one, than they won't take any day off either, and so won't I (except for the one-day 'holiday' each week). It kinda follows the idea of grape harvest in France,, if you catch my drift, what I am doing here, except that they regard free time and leisure in a very specific manner in Japan.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Damn, Mikawa Bay's beach isn't really beautiful at day, but at night, furthermore while running under a gleaming starry sky with the nearby mountains covered by the weaks inhabitants lights' reflections upon a slight haze, all that bathed in music...

 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Teubier au rapport !

Well I have a friend who made a video but I would need a software to split it, anyone knows an easy one. I could also add the mythical moment of the wasp in the train, I just rewatch it and it was probably one of the most memorable moment of my travel there.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

In the end Windows movie maker did the job,
Here is a link toward the first video. I promise I didn't add any sound
I will add the second one as soon as I can upload again, it seems my connexion has a bug...

---------- Post added April 18, 2012 at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was April 17, 2012 at 07:21 PM ----------

Same link for the 2d video
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,440
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Teubier au rapport !

Ahahahah y défonce le conducteur, vrais conducteurs font vraies choses ! Impressive train driver! :blink He is no joke.

Many thanks for these two vids k-dom! :nod Beautiful places (and beach). :nod

Japanese train near the lake / sea / ocean = Epic :hee.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Teubier au rapport !

The train conductor killed me! :rofl Nice video k-dom, really beatiful scenery :nod
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Teubier au rapport !

 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Teubier au rapport !

Shit that's awesome, love Okawari...too bad it's crappy outside :s

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,440
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Teubier au rapport !

Returning 'home' after the longest and most tiresome (but utterly fascinating) day in a while, and by a while I mean years, and having the joy to listen to these two gems... I am very grateful to you two. :hee Thank you both very much.

 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Teubier au rapport !

There are too many Minority game players in your thread :-)
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,440
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Teubier au rapport !

A Bittersweet Life OST - My sad night

Editors - The Boxer

Paul Oakenfold Feat. Clint Mansell & Kronos Quartet - Zoo York

Pendulum - Hold your colours

Etienne Daho - Amoureux solitaires (cover of the original by Lio, and remix by Siskid)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Teubier au rapport !


:verily

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

What is your feelings on my avatar 2beers?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Re: Teubier au rapport !

2beers..I still can't get over that you're in Japan...take me thereee :arf :arf :arf



my jelliness was amplified by my colleague's trip....why am I not the one to visit this small country of paradoxes and weirdness....jelly all the way:faint
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,440
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Teubier au rapport !

It's a shame that I have yet to meet a Yardrat in the vicinity, because I would love to take you both there. ^^ And by both, I mean you three, as my feelings on your avatar Gary, are that I like this kind of bromance...


...


---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Oh, and by the way, for a green tea lover, this is like heaven, trying all kinds of ma(t)cha-flavoured sweets. Ma(t)cha KitKat, Uji Ma(t)cha cake, ma(t)cha ice cream, and so on... ma(t)chaholic 'til the end.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Teubier au rapport !

From DBZ, the people who taught Goku Instant Transmission

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Not bromance -_-;
 
Top