Discussion - The rivals | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Rivals

• Kaidou

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Momo

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Chitose

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Tachibana

• Tezuka

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Atobe

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Atobe

• Sanada

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ybr99

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please only vote once for each pair
Kaidou vs. Momo

Chitose vs. Tachibana (going all out)

Tezuka vs. Atobe

Atobe vs. Sanada

felixng2011

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kaidou vs Momo for sure. They have always been pretty much equals. Tezuka and Atobe isn't a great rivalry since its generally been one-sided. They were equal at first(Atobe technically better) but since then the gap has only increased. Atobe and Sanada haven't had much interactions and have barely faced each other. The only time they played each other recently was when Atobe just unlocked world of ice.

Chitose and Tachibana is a good one too but I feel like Kaidou vs Momo is hard to top. They are always trying to one up each other.

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Momo kaidou is definitely the best but the others had a rivalry and would be a good match.
Atobe and tezuka had a match but tezuka was injured.
Sanada atobe had a small rivalry between themselves and they always had the fights over who would beat tezuka.

Anera

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Tezuka-Atobe is an one-sided rivalry... Chitose-Tachibana seems more like friends. There was always a bit of a tension between Sanada and Atobe but not enough confrontations to consider their relationship like a strong rivalry.

Kaidou and Momo haven't really changed, they look alike in terms of level, they have difficulties to surpass each other. As for me, they have the greatest rivalry.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Kaidou vs Momo is the top one. They're constantly trying to surpass each other.

I also like Fuji vs Tezuka, with Fuji being always the underdog and going way over his limits to reach Tezuka. Same with Sanada and Yukimura, their rematch is bound to happen at some point in the future.

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Kin-chan & Koshimae is destined to be the best rivalry of NPOT.
Specially if Ryoma plays for America and Kin-Chan for Japan.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I’m going with the long run here.

Kaidoh> Momoshiro since he’s the captain later on.

Tezuka>>>>>>>>>>>>Atobe since he win the grand slam.

No idea about the other pair but considering screentime Atobe might beat Sanada. I go with Chitose since that’s what happen last time.

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kin-chan & Koshimae is destined to be the best rivalry of NPOT.
Specially if Ryoma plays for America and Kin-Chan for Japan.
I have to disagree. The biggest rivalry will be ryoma/tezuka and with japan ryoma/byoudin

Anera

Reaction score
Country
France
Regarding Ryoma and Kintarou, I am a bit doubtful. It could be the case but right now, it doesn't seem to be, Ryoma ignores him most of the time. But if it happens, I will be eager to see that, it would be interesting. But Kintarou would have to get an extra power-up if he wants to beat Ryoma. His training with Ryoga suggests that he has reached a superior level but I could be wrong.

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ryoma went to America so he could play byoudin which means he is not on the American MS team but on the HS.
Even if he was on the MS team toyama is not the one who would play him. He is super strong so they would put their best against him, yukimura or maybe sanada, toyama even with PoP is not the same level yet.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Kintarou with PoP is high and far above Sanada for sure. Sanada can't even score a point agaisnt Tanegashima save for a fluke shot he cannot repeat. Kintarou go 1-1 game with PoP Oni, who is at least stronger than Tanegashima. That is enough to shows he's on different tier than Sanada. I don't think Sanada can steal a game from PoP Oni.

Yukimura is a maybe. I'm leaning towards no as well. Kintarou is one of 3 stronger MS alongside Tezuka and Ryoma right now.

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanada lost because of special moves. The reason why he is so good is because he has a different array of moves.tanageshima can stop special moves so of course he doesnt stand a chance. Toyama lost to oni because oni is just better. Toyama can't stop lightning or black aura. Yukimura has trouble with lightning and his technique is far greater than toyama.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Sanada lost because of special moves. The reason why he is so good is because he has a different array of moves.tanageshima can stop special moves so of course he doesnt stand a chance. Toyama lost to oni because oni is just better. Toyama can't stop lightning or black aura. Yukimura has trouble with lightning and his technique is far greater than toyama.
Yukimura doesn't have trouble with Rai, he perfectly returned it with the bottom of his racket and can always return it. I think you're refering to the anime OVA where Sanada scored with it.

And Kintarou > Sanada is perfectly fine at this moment assuming Kintarou can access to TnK willingly, if not I see Sanada getting the upper hand with his double or even triple clutch BA which should be almost impossible to counter.

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Never seen the anime only read the manga so not what i was thinking but returnig it with the bottom of your racket is impossible if the ball farther than a foot away from you, but then again PoT has plenty of other things that are impossible so maybe its just me that thinks he has trouble with it.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Never seen the anime only read the manga so not what i was thinking but returnig it with the bottom of your racket is impossible if the ball farther than a foot away from you, but then again PoT has plenty of other things that are impossible so maybe its just me that thinks he has trouble with it.
Not at all, it's just that he doesn't have the same technique as Tanegashima and has to resort to a "trick", whereas Shuuji only had to return it before his racket strings were destroyed. I expect Yukimura to be able to do it like Shuuji in the future though.

Don't worry, nothing in SPOT makes sense :P

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just reread that match and yukimura wins 4-0 and at the end it is 7-1. sanada wins one game. He used BA to get one point so how does he get the other points. Sanada is fighting off yips at this point and the BA shot was the only shot they showed that scored, so what happened.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's points in general and not games. Yukimura won 7 points, Sanada won 1 point. In other words, outside of that one shot, Sanada didn't score at all.

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh that makes more sense.