Games The RPG thread

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Man, that hurts. Hopefully it finds it's way back to you one way or another.
Thanks. Well if I don't find it I suppose I'll just wait for the price to drop. Hopefully by then all the games I'm interested in will also be cheaper. I love bargains, in fact that's how I managed to get many of my games in recent times :XD
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I'm not sure whether or not I should buy Ninokuni on ps3. Isn't it too childish ?
 

cearon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
384
Reaction score
88
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
I'm not sure whether or not I should buy Ninokuni on ps3. Isn't it too childish ?
The story is great and yes the animation seems like that but if ni no kuni were to be written by hans christian andersen we would be reading it like any other fairy tail.
It is a game every2 should play thou DS version with the book is way better, downsize is you have to carry the book everywhere upside being you can swat annoying ppl with it. It is very effective :)

In short the game should be played by every1 who enjoys good RPG with great story.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not sure whether or not I should buy Ninokuni on ps3. Isn't it too childish ?
I think it depends on your taste to some degree. It's very much kid themed but there is really great emotion there too.

It's like a really good kids movie that way.

-------------------------------------------

On another note, I've been playing a ton of Fire Emblem Awakening and in my opinion it's better than Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre. It's not an exaggeration to say it's my new favorite game in the genre... of all time. That's how much I like it.

The characters are really what really puts it over the top. It's the best cast in an RPG I think I've ever seen I can't even pick a favorite, because they are all so damn good.

Some of my favorites so far are..

  • A Thief who is completely obsessed with candy.
  • A dumb yet handsome Warrior who talks about himself in the third person.
  • A womanizing Archer whose only purpose in joining your party is to woo one of your more masculine female cavalry soldiers.
  • A massive Knight whose personality and presence are so mild people constantly forget he exists and accuse him of vanishing when he was there the whole time.
  • A female mage who is analytical and logical to the point of near insanity.
  • A gruff female werebunny (Yeah, you read that right....)
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I finally bought ni no kuni, I played 5 hours and for now, I think it's fantastic. The first quality JRPG I played for a long time. The last one that I really enjoyed was eternal sonata ...

The art is incredible, story seems good, ... very promising.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I think it depends on your taste to some degree. It's very much kid themed but there is really great emotion there too.

It's like a really good kids movie that way.

-------------------------------------------

On another note, I've been playing a ton of Fire Emblem Awakening and in my opinion it's better than Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre. It's not an exaggeration to say it's my new favorite game in the genre... of all time. That's how much I like it.

The characters are really what really puts it over the top. It's the best cast in an RPG I think I've ever seen I can't even pick a favorite, because they are all so damn good.

Some of my favorites so far are..

  • A Thief who is completely obsessed with candy.
  • A dumb yet handsome Warrior who talks about himself in the third person.
  • A womanizing Archer whose only purpose in joining your party is to woo one of your more masculine female cavalry soldiers.
  • A massive Knight whose personality and presence are so mild people constantly forget he exists and accuse him of vanishing when he was there the whole time.
  • A female mage who is analytical and logical to the point of near insanity.
  • A gruff female werebunny (Yeah, you read that right....)
Well honestly, Fire emblem and Shining Force franchise was always better then FFT imo. Can't say for Tactics Ogre cuz I never tried it... but the difficulty of Fire Emblem and Shining Force is what makes it better for me. I have yet to finish any of the original Shining games for Sega >_<
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Is anyone interested in this game?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is anyone interested in this game?
Look's...unique. I'd say I'm interested. I like how different it looks.


I am in more excited for these I think..



 
Last edited by a moderator:

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
The Disgaea game is the true sequel to the first one, right? I'm curious about Laharl's sister and what she'll do.

The second game looks pretty good too. IIRC, the main character becomes the God of Fate/Fortune and the angels are supposed to help him. IIRC, the enemies are the demons (the ones who dressed so fancy).

Oh, here are some trailers for Shin Megami Tensei IV:



---------- Post added February 28, 2013 at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was February 22, 2013 at 02:47 PM ----------

New trailer for Disgaea Dimension 2:


---------- Post added March 02, 2013 at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was February 28, 2013 at 06:57 AM ----------

I knew it! :smugbunny

Devil Survivor 2: Break Code has been announced for the 3DS
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The Disgaea game is the true sequel to the first one, right? I'm curious about Laharl's sister and what she'll do.
Whatever the story line will be it will be awesome. I'm pretty stoked that they are making a direct sequel to the first Disgaea. This is like the opposite of the Final Fantasy sequals for me in that this is something I want to play more than I would a Disgaea 5. Laharl, Etna, and Flonne with the tons of features they've added since the first game, sounds great to me.:^_^

I knew it! :smugbunny

Devil Survivor 2: Break Code has been announced for the 3DS
That looks good. I never played any of the Devil Survivor games. Looks like that will be changing.:amuse
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
You should go get Devil Survivor: Overclocked. I heard that it was a much more superb version than the ds one.
The DS games are really great and was the first SMT games I played.
Tons of stuff to do, endings to get(although some people stop playing after seeing their first), and lots of fusion.
It's pretty different from SMT and you won't feel like its a spin off of SMT but more of a game with its own powerful standing.

Also, I picked up Ni No Kuni. Game is really addicting :p I just feel like they could introduce various key battle mechanics earlier. Like monster taming and all out defense which would have helped a lot.
I have no idea where to find the metamorphosis drops besides battling :gwah and they are pretty hard to get.
Gotten quite a lot of beatings the moment I was out on the ship and onto the world map, those mobs are insane.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
What levels are your characters, Zel?

Don't forget that there are some hidden treasures too.
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
All of them are level 24. Just went to drippy‘s and took down the giant jelly :D
What hidden treasures are you referring to :oh ?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
There are hidden treasures hidden all over the world map. Unfortunately, they're not marked so you have to click the X button until you find them.

---------- Post added March 09, 2013 at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was March 04, 2013 at 07:06 AM ----------

A Tales of Xillia trailer with English voices is up now:


---------- Post added March 26, 2013 at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was March 09, 2013 at 08:44 PM ----------

The Devil Survivor remake will have a new story scenario after the ending. There is another demon invasion and the Nicaea death website is popular again. A new female character is also introduced.

---------- Post added April 02, 2013 at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was March 26, 2013 at 06:53 PM ----------

Shin Megami Tensei IV will be out in N. America this summer. :)

---------- Post added April 03, 2013 at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was April 02, 2013 at 01:11 PM ----------

Bravely Defaut: Flying Fairy is supposedly coming overseas

---------- Post added April 04, 2013 at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was April 03, 2013 at 10:17 PM ----------

There will be a Dark Souls II update on April 11th on Gametrailer.

---------- Post added April 05, 2013 at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was April 04, 2013 at 04:41 PM ----------


Black Rock Shooter: The Game is coming out on PSN on April 23rd. The second trailer can be viewed here.

Project X Zone (a crossover game with Capcom, Namco, and Sega characters) will be out on June 25th.

Tales of Xillia will be out in N.America on Aug. 6th.

Oh, here are some screenshots comparing Muramasa: Rebirth's new localization. The translation looks definitely better imo.

---------- Post added April 10, 2013 at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was April 05, 2013 at 05:42 PM ----------

Dark Souls II trailer and gameplay videos are now up:


 
Last edited by a moderator:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
It could use more polish that's for sure...proof read it again, because there are some grammar/punctuation/phrasing problems. Also it's Ferelden, not Feralden, and it was released for PS3 not PS2.

Other than those minor stuff, you could go a bit deeper into analyzing the dialogue, the dialogue wheel's options, and how they reflect back on you. And since it's an old game, with huge lore and sequel, you could include the DLCs in your review as well.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
First-print copies of Shin Megami Tensei IV will be Limited Edition Box Sets. It will have a Strategy & Design book, a Music Collection CD, and a Collectible Slipcase Packaging.

Nintendo also announced that they will publish Bravely Default in N. America and Europe. The game will be out in 2014.
 

TheBoss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
1,281
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think we should have a Best Video game awards, just to see legions of flames and hate, specially about The Best RPG of all times :lmao
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think we should have a Best Video game awards, just to see legions of flames and hate, specially about The Best RPG of all times :lmao
I think it probably wouldn't come to that...maybe.:p

Whichever one people think is the best I think it would most likely come out of the few that people just in generally accept as top teir. Final Fantasy's 5-7, Suikoden 2, The Baldur's Gate Series, Dragon Age: Origins, maybe the Witcher 2(wouldn't top my list but I can see where the argument could be made), Fallout 3, KOTOR, and a few others.

In my experience the more, shall we say, "inflamed" conversations about RPG's typically spark up from conversations about more controversial ones, which some gamers think are great and other think suck ballz. Like Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Final Fantasy 10-13, Fable 2-3, Diablo 3, stuff like that.
 
Top