Games The RPG thread

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
What we need is the good old Squaresoft and Enix days :XD

Right now I'm playing over The Last Remnant, not an overly awesome game, but it's quite enjoyable.Frustrating at times, but enjoyable... I'm too scared to go back to Dark Souls....can't remember where I'm stuck :XD
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
What we need is the good old Squaresoft and Enix days :XD

Right now I'm playing over The Last Remnant, not an overly awesome game, but it's quite enjoyable.Frustrating at times, but enjoyable... I'm too scared to go back to Dark Souls....can't remember where I'm stuck :XD
I liked the last remnant alot. I had too much fun building the characters and killing the rare mobs (they are fking hard o_O).
 

TheBoss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
1,281
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Chrono Break. I will wait forever for that game.
And you might have to xD

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Yeah I thought that square enix would probably make a mess with a remake, but if I can see Zeal in today's graphics I can die in peace xD
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Destiny 2 is my favourite after Phantasia.Syhmphonia 2 had some great stuff, like taming monsters to fight with you and all that. And of course the battle system was awesome as usual... but damn, the characters weren't likeable at all.
I never played Symphonia 2 but i've never played a Tales game I didn't like.

The ones I've played are..

Tales of Destiny
Tales of Destiny 2
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Legendia
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Graces

Thanks to the sheer number of localized JRPG's of played I'm almost immune to bad english voice acting. The Dynasty Warriors games also I'm sure contributed to that. If it's good I enjoy it but if it's bad my brain just automatically tunes it out.
Mind if I ask, which Destiny 2 are you talking about? As a hardcore Tales fan, I actually am very picky about the difference between II and 2 though, since those are actually two different games. In fact, I never use the name Tales of Destiny II. I simply just call it Eternia...>.>"

Regardless, both of them are good, whichever ones you mean.

I've played...I can say every game at least one version in the whole series, except Rebirth. I didn't clear all of them though. I can't come to like Phantasia, like, seriously, so I actually quit that one in only 2-3 hours. Other than that, I've played them all, but some of them, I only played till almost the end then stop (always right before entering the last dungeon) because I have no time, lost my memory card or for whatever other reasons. >.<"
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Mind if I ask, which Destiny 2 are you talking about? As a hardcore Tales fan, I actually am very picky about the difference between II and 2 though, since those are actually two different games. In fact, I never use the name Tales of Destiny II. I simply just call it Eternia...>.>"

Regardless, both of them are good, whichever ones you mean.

I've played...I can say every game at least one version in the whole series, except Rebirth. I didn't clear all of them though. I can't come to like Phantasia, like, seriously, so I actually quit that one in only 2-3 hours. Other than that, I've played them all, but some of them, I only played till almost the end then stop (always right before entering the last dungeon) because I have no time, lost my memory card or for whatever other reasons. >.<"
Eternia >_< Don't think I've played Destiny 2 :s

Haha I do that a lot with most games... reach the last dungeon and stop playing. It took me at least 6 years to finish Final Fantasy 5 because of that habit :XD

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

I liked the last remnant alot. I had too much fun building the characters and killing the rare mobs (they are fking hard o_O).
Yeah.... the one I hate the most was that demon in the village after God's Vale. Always got him down to low hp but he still kills me with that stupid art :cussing
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Eternia >_< Don't think I've played Destiny 2 :s

Haha I do that a lot with most games... reach the last dungeon and stop playing. It took me at least 6 years to finish Final Fantasy 5 because of that habit :XD
Well, Destiny 2 probably will never reach the West coast because of the stupid translation error that makes people believe Eternia = Destiny 2 though, but tbh, that game was the game that prompted me to buy PS2 in the first place, and I just learned of it after I started playing it. Talking about just how amazing the series is. XP (Destiny 2 made me bought PS2 since I mistaken it for another game. I just saw people playing this game, and I thought it was PS2 version of Ragnarok. Absolutely pathetic, I know. *shrug* I only came to learn about the game much later since I got hooked by Abyss, got into the series, simply find Judas as being so cool, and imported the game just to find that it's actually the game I saw on that first day that made me want to buy PS2. Got to be "Destiny"...XD ) It's actually enjoyable, being the direct sequel after Destiny, revolving around Stahn's and Rutee's son, Kyle, who wants to become a hero like his dad. In fact, I like it much more than its prequel even, even though a lot of people would disagree with me. I even play the PSP version of it as well...partly because the grades in the original PS2 one is ridiculous in a way. XD

Though I stopped right in front of the last dungeon on both Destiny 2 and Eternia (played PSP version for this one too). After that, I lost my PSP memory card... .__."

Though, now I'll see when will I actually finish Vesperia and Xillia 2. For Vesperia, I've been wandering around endlessly without going into that floating castle ever since last new year. One year has passed, and still didn't go into just finish the game. For Xillia 2, yeah, I took a break from Xillia 2 right now...before the first and the bad ending (Xillia 2 have 3 main endings like Persona 4, and one fanservice ending...:3 ) Now I wonder will I ever get to hear Ludger speaks at all. XD
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,853
Reaction score
23,522
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And you might have to xD
Sad, but true.:teehee

Mind if I ask, which Destiny 2 are you talking about? As a hardcore Tales fan, I actually am very picky about the difference between II and 2 though, since those are actually two different games. In fact, I never use the name Tales of Destiny II. I simply just call it Eternia...>.>"

Regardless, both of them are good, whichever ones you mean.

I've played...I can say every game at least one version in the whole series, except Rebirth. I didn't clear all of them though. I can't come to like Phantasia, like, seriously, so I actually quit that one in only 2-3 hours. Other than that, I've played them all, but some of them, I only played till almost the end then stop (always right before entering the last dungeon) because I have no time, lost my memory card or for whatever other reasons. >.<"
Eternia. It was a good one. Symphonia was my favorite though. My least favorite was Graces (technically Graces F, as I played the ps3 version) which I still enjoyed reasonably well but didn't beat and probably never will. The combat just wasn't... fun
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Well, Destiny 2 probably will never reach the West coast because of the stupid translation error that makes people believe Eternia = Destiny 2 though, but tbh, that game was the game that prompted me to buy PS2 in the first place, and I just learned of it after I started playing it. Talking about just how amazing the series is. XP (Destiny 2 made me bought PS2 since I mistaken it for another game. I just saw people playing this game, and I thought it was PS2 version of Ragnarok. Absolutely pathetic, I know. *shrug* I only came to learn about the game much later since I got hooked by Abyss, got into the series, simply find Judas as being so cool, and imported the game just to find that it's actually the game I saw on that first day that made me want to buy PS2. Got to be "Destiny"...XD ) It's actually enjoyable, being the direct sequel after Destiny, revolving around Stahn's and Rutee's son, Kyle, who wants to become a hero like his dad. In fact, I like it much more than its prequel even, even though a lot of people would disagree with me. I even play the PSP version of it as well...partly because the grades in the original PS2 one is ridiculous in a way. XD

Though I stopped right in front of the last dungeon on both Destiny 2 and Eternia (played PSP version for this one too). After that, I lost my PSP memory card... .__."

Though, now I'll see when will I actually finish Vesperia and Xillia 2. For Vesperia, I've been wandering around endlessly without going into that floating castle ever since last new year. One year has passed, and still didn't go into just finish the game. For Xillia 2, yeah, I took a break from Xillia 2 right now...before the first and the bad ending (Xillia 2 have 3 main endings like Persona 4, and one fanservice ending...:3 ) Now I wonder will I ever get to hear Ludger speaks at all. XD
I don't think I've ever played Destiny 1 either :s. Eternia and Phantasia were the 2 I enjoyed most. I've played Phantasia on gba,snes,psx and psp... even the fully voiced japanese version for psp :P It's such an awesome game :love I started Abyss , but never reached far, I just might start it back.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I just saw some videos of Ni No Kuni. Drippy has a Welsh accent. I'm sold!
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
\Eternia. It was a good one. Symphonia was my favorite though. My least favorite was Graces (technically Graces F, as I played the ps3 version) which I still enjoyed reasonably well but didn't beat and probably never will. The combat just wasn't... fun
Personally, I really don't care all that much about battle system unless it seriously sucks. I have to agree a little bit about Graces though. Though I only play the Wii version (seriously can't get myself to start playing Graces f, even though I already have the game) I don't really recall it having excellent plot either, when compared to other Tales game. Better than Innocence though, at least... ._."

I don't think I've ever played Destiny 1 either :s. Eternia and Phantasia were the 2 I enjoyed most. I've played Phantasia on gba,snes,psx and psp... even the fully voiced japanese version for psp :P It's such an awesome game :love I started Abyss , but never reached far, I just might start it back.
I don't really know why, but I seriously just can't come to like Phantasia. It's the only Tales game that I don't like any of the characters in it. I simply hate Cless and Mint for no particular reason (have been hating both of them ever since I first know them). I've tried to play the PSP version, hoping that it being fully voiced will help keep myself motivated enough to continue, but it just doesn't work somehow. ._."

I love Abyss though. I think it's definitely the best in the whole series. I seriously love its characters and plot. It's actually the only game that ever manage to make me cry at the ending, and the only game that I've completed more than three times (Once in English version, twice in Japanese PS2 version...and am playing another playthrough in 3DS version).

But again, I think that's also partly because I don't like Symphonia either. For some reason, I don't seem to like it all that much, even though I do manage to get through one playthrough of it. Don't think I'll ever get to the second one though. ._."

=============

But are you two planning on getting Xillia though? I mean, it's getting localized soon, right? I've played both Jude and Milla sides and enjoy both though (but I like Jude's one better >_<") The story is a bit short, but at least it's good. IMO, it's at least better than Graces, but I don't know where to rank it really, since I actually at least enjoy all Tales games (except Phantasia). ._."

Though I'm waiting for Hearts R right now. Still am thinking whether I should go with the special edition one or not. >_<"
 
Last edited:

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Is anyone interested in the Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem crossover? It looks interesting and I'm curious about the story.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,853
Reaction score
23,522
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is anyone interested in the Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem crossover? It looks interesting and I'm curious about the story.
I'm mainly confused. I suppose we've seen stranger crossovers before but Fire Emblem and SMT is pretty bizarre. I have to think most likely it will come out as a really bizarre RPG like Trinity Universe or Cross Edge. Where the characters end up at some kind of universal nexus or other.

Hopefully, it's some form of SRPG. Because that is too many characters to cram into any other kind of game.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
^Agreed. It looks like the game won't include any Persona, Devil Survivor, etc. characters just yet.

Maybe the story will involve demons invading the Fire Emblem world?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,853
Reaction score
23,522
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^Agreed. It looks like the game won't include any Persona, Devil Survivor, etc. characters just yet.

Maybe the story will involve demons invading the Fire Emblem world?
It would probably be best to avoid that one. Fire Emblem has it's own canon I guess you'd call it and a lot of those Fire Emblem characters are from different times. Can't say I'd be too thrilled about messing with all of that unless they could actually make it into a believable storyline, which seems really hard.

Having the all get marooned on a new world seems to me like it would be a better bet. Maybe even make them doppelgangers or something, as opposed to the real ones, so they are able to actually work with a character completely independently of their storyline. That would open up the possibility of killing off characters, making love interests out of them, etc...

Crossovers are so tricky. To be honest, I can't recall a single one that went particularly well. I wish the game nothing but the best and if nothing else it should be a showcase of amazing character designs but....I don't know if I like it's odds of being good.:sweatdrop
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Personally, I really don't care all that much about battle system unless it seriously sucks. I have to agree a little bit about Graces though. Though I only play the Wii version (seriously can't get myself to start playing Graces f, even though I already have the game) I don't really recall it having excellent plot either, when compared to other Tales game. Better than Innocence though, at least... ._."



I don't really know why, but I seriously just can't come to like Phantasia. It's the only Tales game that I don't like any of the characters in it. I simply hate Cless and Mint for no particular reason (have been hating both of them ever since I first know them). I've tried to play the PSP version, hoping that it being fully voiced will help keep myself motivated enough to continue, but it just doesn't work somehow. ._."

I love Abyss though. I think it's definitely the best in the whole series. I seriously love its characters and plot. It's actually the only game that ever manage to make me cry at the ending, and the only game that I've completed more than three times (Once in English version, twice in Japanese PS2 version...and am playing another playthrough in 3DS version).

But again, I think that's also partly because I don't like Symphonia either. For some reason, I don't seem to like it all that much, even though I do manage to get through one playthrough of it. Don't think I'll ever get to the second one though. ._."

=============

But are you two planning on getting Xillia though? I mean, it's getting localized soon, right? I've played both Jude and Milla sides and enjoy both though (but I like Jude's one better >_<") The story is a bit short, but at least it's good. IMO, it's at least better than Graces, but I don't know where to rank it really, since I actually at least enjoy all Tales games (except Phantasia). ._."

Though I'm waiting for Hearts R right now. Still am thinking whether I should go with the special edition one or not. >_<"
Is that for Ps3? Or Xbox? Well I don't have any console, so most likely not haha. I am thinking of getting a 3Ds though...Pokemon X and Y :XD If I do end up getting one, I'll get Abyss for it also.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

I'm mainly confused. I suppose we've seen stranger crossovers before but Fire Emblem and SMT is pretty bizarre. I have to think most likely it will come out as a really bizarre RPG like Trinity Universe or Cross Edge. Where the characters end up at some kind of universal nexus or other.

Hopefully, it's some form of SRPG. Because that is too many characters to cram into any other kind of game.
Well, both are SRPGs no? So if it isn't, I'd be super surprised and not very interested anymore. Fire Emblem series is probably the only SRPG games I look out for these days.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Speaking of Shin Megami Tensei, am I the only one that's slightly disappointed with the approach that Atlus is going with the new entry? Don't get me wrong, from what I've seen of the game it looks pretty epic, but I really do wish that they'd gone with something more akin to SMT3/Nocturne. I loved that game, particularly it's visual style and atmosphere, so seeing the way SMT4 is going to be like makes it look like a step backwards. Plus even though the character designs are in no way bad, I do wish that Kazuma Kaneko would be the artist handling at least the franchise's main series, I mean after all he is the original character designer (and his style is awesome!).
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
BTW, is anyone planning to get Project X Zone (the Namco Bandai, Capcom, and Sega crossover game) now that it's coming overseas?

Oh, and this game from Monolith Soft (Xenoblade) looks sweet. Could it be a sequel?

 
Last edited by a moderator:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Yeah I never actually sat down and played Xenoblade, but this looks pretty awesome. I wonder if Nintendo is gonna out sell Microsoft and Sony again? That would be awesome :derp
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,853
Reaction score
23,522
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm playing Ni No Kuni now. It's really good. It really draws up memories of the great PSOne era RPG's. I'm not sure whether it's really as great as them or not, I'm not far enough along to know, but it definitely invokes their memory.

And the localization is impressive too. I don't think I've ever seen so many puns in a video game.:amuse
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Where are you at in the game? I just defeated the Rat King.
 
Top