Games The RPG thread

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For a game coming so late on ps3 I expected better visuals, though just looks like its on the same xillia engine or what not..xillia 3 even?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,850
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lol, always thought that name was weird.

Were you a Magician or something like that?

............................................................

The Boss that truly gave me nightmares(an optional one), was the Stray Demon back when you return to the Asylum for the second time. I challenged this guy at around level 14 if I remember, and my attacks would take like 5 points of health out of 1000(as an example), and he can pretty much one-shot me. I'd fight this guy for days before I could kill him.
Pyromancer, but whether it was my class, which it shouldn't have been because classes mean a little less when you are as far along as I was, or just me being bad(the likely explination) I absolutely could not beat that guy.
 

KingOfNight

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,314
Reaction score
694
Gender
Male
Country
Fire Nation
Pyromancer, but whether it was my class, which it shouldn't have been because classes mean a little less when you are as far along as I was, or just me being bad(the likely explination) I absolutely could not beat that guy.
Pyromancer facing fire-based boss, doesn't sound like a good idea. Warrior Class(like me) have a super easy time with this guy.
 
Last edited:

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
For a game coming so late on ps3 I expected better visuals, though just looks like its on the same xillia engine or what not..xillia 3 even?
I think it takes place in another world though.

Oh it will be released worldwide.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Any1 been playing DayZ? I bought the Alpha Early Access on Steam but I'm not sure whether I like it or not. I thought it would be more epic tbh, much more. Granted I've only played it like 2 hours but I feel like I have achieved nothing in the span of time. And for an open world "100% free choice" environment I feel like it's surprisingly lacking of randomness. Like e.g. there's never a massive amount of goodies in a random house. If anything there's maybe one trash item in every house (generously speaking).

Doesn't really help that my pc is struggling with the graphics too, which was unexpected. So far I'm unsure of what I think about it. First impression is kind of "ok".
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
The trailer for Tales of Zesteria is up

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Any1 been playing DayZ? I bought the Alpha Early Access on Steam but I'm not sure whether I like it or not. I thought it would be more epic tbh, much more. Granted I've only played it like 2 hours but I feel like I have achieved nothing in the span of time. And for an open world "100% free choice" environment I feel like it's surprisingly lacking of randomness. Like e.g. there's never a massive amount of goodies in a random house. If anything there's maybe one trash item in every house (generously speaking).

Doesn't really help that my pc is struggling with the graphics too, which was unexpected. So far I'm unsure of what I think about it. First impression is kind of "ok".
It's not that good IMO.
The frame drop is really huge. I know a guy with the most powerful PC possible and he lags like hell. The graphic problem is the engine's fault cuz they didn't tweak it yet. As for the gameplay ... I am not interested. It gets kind of redundant after a while.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
I thought it'd be more fun tbh. I think it's more fun if you roam around with mates, but for a game that should function as an open world randomized survival game it is surprisingly stale i.e. non-random. For example you need a few key components to 100% survive: backpack for inventory space, food, water, med kit and shooting weapon. You'd think if you explored houses you could stumble across a gold mine, but it's like every house has maximum 1 item in them, for example a rotten apple (useless) or a can of beans, or if you're lucky a backpack. Exploring houses is 99% of the time a disappointment and waste of time. So dumb. Also any weapon that isn't a pilstol/rifle is useless vs the zombies, rofl... They also chase you FOREVER seriously. Like 10 minutes unless you lose them in heavy vegetation (forest) or buildings.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
More info about Tales of Zestiria's protagonists are up, and Falcom is making a PS4 game.
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I've been contemplating on DayZ for a while. I saw a couple of gameplays of when it was still an ARMA mod, and thought it was kinda interesting. I do expect playing with friends would be much more fun. Unless there are more features/actions you can do/certain objectives etc i.e. becoming more than just a free-roam...... it will remain as it is, an objective-less free-roam kind of game, as redundant as it sounds.

It does remind me of Minecraft in that sense, but I suspect the 'aim' of the game is much different as the developers of the game wish it to become. DayZ does have realism in mind, but the fact remains that this is only a game, there's only so much the idea of realism can give (not saying how the features directly provide realism, but whether the cross between realism and survival game can work to support this intended realism.) Sure there are features/physics that attempt to imitate real life, but it ain't like you risk your life for your life (if you get me,) and rather than 'fighting and hoping to live another day,' your goal is more like 'seeing how far you can get before your next life' lol... kinda thing...

The lack of absolute 'freedom' (e.g. climbing onto the roof using the water pipe and throw slates at zombies) means that there's only so much realism can provide despite the attempt. Though the idea and intentions are there, these limitations do not make this a 'good' overall experience relative to the kind of experience its realism tries to provide.

Such wordy, so mouthful. /rant

Don't get me wrong, I would love to play the game at some point.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Has anyone tried the Bravely Default demo? It's pretty good and it reminds me of the old FF (but then it's made by SE :derp)
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,850
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Has anyone tried the Bravely Default demo? It's pretty good and it reminds me of the old FF (but then it's made by SE :derp)
Nine, I didn't know there was a demo out. I'll have to check that out tonight.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Man, I need some more villagers to restore the village, but there no one else with 3DS around here. :darn
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Yeah to me it's a mix of FF 1, 5 and 4 lol. I need more villages also, but no one seems to have a 3DS anywhere. It's a pretty awesome game, can't wait for the full version.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I found a cheat :derp Although I have to restart the demo again, but it was worth it :hee
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I found a cheat :derp Although I have to restart the demo again, but it was worth it :hee
Good thing I haven't reached there yet lol. Thank you riki,you're a saviour :D :love
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Where are you at right now? I'm about to face the second boss (the turtle monster), but I'm trying to level up my characters' second jobs and earn some more money
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Where are you at right now? I'm about to face the second boss (the turtle monster), but I'm trying to level up my characters' second jobs and earn some more money
I just defeated the intruder in the supply cave. The charming witch or whatever she was. Just grinding until the monsters in the cave don't give much exp.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
What level are your characters? Mine are level 10
 
Top