Games The RPG thread

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Gotcha. What jobs do your characters have?

For mine:
Tiz mastered Knight and is working on Valkyrie
Agnes finished White Mage and is now working on Black Mage
Ringabel finished Valkyrie and is now working on Swordmaster
Edea mastered Swordmaster and is now working on Performer

I gotta say that I love Valkyrie's Crescent Moon attack since it focuses on a group of enemies (plus having the character dual wield equals overpowered :XD)
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Gotcha. What jobs do your characters have?

For mine:
Tiz mastered Knight and is working on Valkyrie
Agnes finished White Mage and is now working on Black Mage
Ringabel finished Valkyrie and is now working on Swordmaster
Edea mastered Swordmaster and is now working on Performer

I gotta say that I love Valkyrie's Crescent Moon attack since it focuses on a group of enemies (plus having the character dual wield equals overpowered :XD)
Mine are:
Tiz as a duelist/sword master
Agnes as a Ninja
Ringabel as Valkyrie
Edea as Red Mage

Yeah Crescent Moon is very useful,especially in the cave when there's 4-5 enemies. lol Dual Wield is a bit over powered for now...especially when you get 4x hits with each weapon :XD
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm going to have two characters dual wield and have the Crescent Moon ability in my gameplay because of it :XD
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
o I just got beta access to Elder Scrolls Online =D Finally! Well it's only for a "stress test" for 3 days this weekend but whatever, better than nothing lol! Still disappointed I didn't get one MONTHS ago so I could actually PLAY it. I was actually planning on playing it quite a lot if I liked it, unlike I normally do with beta games.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I finally got back into the grove with persona 4 golden, though what does it mean when you get to a chest and it says you feel a intensely terrifying presence? I usually say no but Ive been tempted to say yes but I dont want to risk it.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
That means that you'll battle Death, which I highly recommend not doing until you're a higher level. ^^ Though if you beat it, you'll get the best weapons and accessory for your characters.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That means that you'll battle Death, which I highly recommend not doing until you're a higher level. ^^ Though if you beat it, you'll get the best weapons and accessory for your characters.
Im at level 40 (in Mitsuo dungeon).
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hmm... IIRC, I think it recommend that you should be level 80s-90s to face him. You can check out MasterLL's gameplay for strategies and whatnot:

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looks like, while I wasn't paying attention, the Valkyrie Chronicles 3 English Patch was completed. I know what I'm playing this week.


For anybody looking for it... you can download the patch here. You'll still need a PSP ISO file for Valkyrie Chronicles 3: Extra Edition to patch but those aren't hard to find or make.

As with all PSP games like this you can play via I PSP or with an emulator (I recommend PPSSPP)
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hmm... IIRC, I think it recommend that you should be level 80s-90s to face him. You can check out MasterLL's gameplay for strategies and whatnot:
Oh thanks, then Im far from that. I stopped in the dungeon just to level grind to 51 because one of the personas at lvl 51 looks really cool .
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would just like to point out how stupid Sega is.

I've been playing Valkyrie Chronicles 3 and it's #@#$%@ amazing! This would have been the best game on the PSP. Why did they not port this over to Vita or 3DS or something? It would instantly be one of the best games for either of those systems. I'm only about 3 hours in and it's already convinced that it's the best of the series by far.

The characters, the plot, the music, the anime cutscenes are all absolutely amazing. How could Sega could not want to port this outside japan in some form is absolutely beyond comprehension to me.
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Damn..gotta finish the first one before this one comes out -_-

But with Bravely Default releasing next month, I doubt I'll have the time :crying
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Am I anywhere close to being done with P4G?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Umm... it's been awhile. Who was the last one you rescued?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Nope, you're at the halfway point.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Finally got around to spending some real time with the Bravely Default Demo this week. My god, this a great RPG.

I heard somebody give it the ironic title of "The Best Final Fantasy in a decade". And that's actually right on the money. It may not be carry the Final Fantasy name but in spirit that's exactly what this is. The Job system is great, the music is awesome, it really feels like a game I could sink major amounts of time into.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah, it's a great game. I finished the demo with all the characters and jobs maxed. :amuse
 
Top