Jammin said:
Though I wasn't much of a fan of the controls and basic combat system. Despite Dragon Age 2's other shortcomings, i have to admit i think it had a better combat system and control scheme than The Witcher 2; even though i consider Dragon Age 2's battle system inferior to the one Dragon Age Origins used.
I agree with you right here,I also think that DA 2 hat a better combat system and control scheme,but I finally figured out that it has better combat system because it is so easy to play the game,even on the most difficult settings it's just pretty easy to kill everything,whereas in The Witcher 2 you may have difficult problems even when playing on easy.
Jammin said:
So i'll really be looking forward to playing the DLC. Many of the things about Dragon Age 2 that i didn't like were easily fixable(item system, dungeon variety, and having only one freakin' town) and Bioware seemed to fully understand where they messed up. So, while this DLC is unlikely to escape all of the flaws present in the original, they can fix a few of those issues. Which i think will definitely make it worth playing.
However,I do not agree here with you.I hope that Bioware will solve all these problems with the next DA(if they make one),you play a game for it's base story and just the game itself,you don't play a game so you can play the DLCs.I,for one,play DA for it's story and it's atmosphere(which has pretty much gone with DA 2),whereas the DLCs can be considered side-quests that could have easily been integrated in the original game as they add almost nothing new to the cannon story of DA.All these problems could have been solved while beta-testing or by some major patch,or maybe it's just me who is not a fan of DLCs since they are pretty short and can be considered side-quests.Admittedly,there are however some good DLCs out there(there is one for Mass Effect 2 that I really enjoyed,Lair Of The Shadow Broker or smth like that),but still...you can't build a good game based on DLCs.
On a more brighter note,what RPG impressed you the most by it's story and story alone?Leave the gameplay and graphics out,just the story(which,in my opinion,is the essence of a RPG).By story I mean the main story but also the side-quests/missions/mini stories?I can't decide between The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind and Planescape : Torment . The latter has an unique,complicated,intricate story with thousands of side quests and some of them are so awesome...but Morrowind also has a very interesting story,but what attracted me more to it was the whole world and the fact that there are soooo many stories out there that just wait to be discovered together with funny,awesome characters...
Forgot to add something,I'm really curious about the next game in the Gothic series,I wonder if it will be Arcania II or Gothic V,maybe it's a bit early to say this,but I hope that the next one will be the best,since the Gothic series is a very good one(that sunk to the bottom with Gothic III and Forsaken Gods),imho the best game of the series right now is Gothic II and the add-on Night Of The Raven.