Re: The Sport Thread!
LadyHatake said:
Sure XD
I love the NFL. It's so much fun to watch. My dad used to play football, and I really enjoy sitting in the living room with him on monday nights and the game. My mom and brother aren't really interested in football, so it's kinda our "father-daughter" time together.
I'm definently interested. Count me in
Problem is, I don't think there's many NFL fans here at MH. More like soccer lovers. Ah well, we can always exchange PMs if nothing else
Winner gets to have the wedding in his/her home state
Lucky. He's my favorite in the NFL. He's really talented, and seems like a nice guy, as a opposed to some of those other NFL players. I've rooted for the Colts the last two years in hopes they'd get to the Superbowl and win, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe this year is the lucky year.
It was only the briefest of meetings, but I can assure you that he's not fake at all. The funny thing is I actually know another NFL quarterback named Chad Pennington, from when I was in middle school. He plays for the Jets. His father used to be my PE teacher, and his mother worked in the same high school as my own mom. Oddest thing is the new place that we are moving to, we just found out we are the Penningtons' neighbors (both Chad's parents and grandparents) and Chad has his vacation house there. It's crazy. But anyway, Chad is another guy who's pretty cool as well. Both Peyton and Chad are absolute football fanatics, though.
One problem with his family though... his dad's awesome, but my mom and his mom don't get along. Apparently Chad's mom always talked about Chad like the "perfect son," and my mom did likewise about me... so naturally there were some sparks. So, gah. XD
There are also like four NFL players right now who I've played against or known in college: John Henderson (he's a 6'8" 300 lbs. monster!) of the Jacksonville Jaguars, Jason Witten (tight end) of the Dallas Cowboys ( I played against both of them in high school playoffs ), Gibril Wilson (up and coming DB) of the New York Giants, and Cedric Houston ( RB ) of the New York Jets ( both from my college ). A really good buddy of mine is playing running back for the Auburn Tigers right now, but I don't know if he'll make it to the NFL.
I don't really follow the Titans, but it sucks about the coach. What exactly has the GM been doing?
He's been mismanaging the salary cap... a good GM will always try to keep his veteran players. We've let Eddie George and now Steve McNair go, and these two guys were the foundation of our team for the last 10 years. These two guys took us to the Super Bowl. They deserved better than they got. Yes, George was slowing down, and McNair got hurt all the time, but they were still the heart and soul of our team. When you let the heart and soul go, what's left?
Not only that, but we've been losing important players every year, and it seems like they're putting way too much pressure on our rookies to step up and take over. Which leads to our rookies being discouraged. It's just a no win situation.
I still love the Titans, but if Coach Jeff Fisher goes, I'll probably have to pick another team. I'm not really so much a team fan as I am a coach/player fan in the NFL. (The Cubs are enough for me...)
Yeah, Georgia has Vick, but that's about it.

Maybe the rest of the team will figure it out and step up their game this year. It's been about 7 years since they went to the superbowl. I'd like to see them back again.
Yeah. Well, Vick may have his best team yet, actually, so we'll see.
