Games - The Steam Thread | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The Steam Thread

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I'm pretty sure the owner of the current version would receive graphic updates as well, although yes I do remember about the new DirectX 11 in Scholar of the First Sin.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I'm pretty sure the owner of the current version would receive graphic updates as well, although yes I do remember about the new DirectX 11 in Scholar of the First Sin.
They might receive some, but not the full version that PS4 and XBOX One owners get. It explicitly says they have to buy the new version again.

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
The steam sales started and I'm not looking towards any game. For me, this is just the worst year in gaming of the last 20 years. This year, the only great game was IMO Dragon Age Inquisition. Last year, there were at least Last of us, Bioshock infinite, tomb raider and GTA 5.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Kinda feel the same, but funds are also sort of slim, and I have a mountain of games from past sales that I haven't even touched.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
This year isn't the worst ever for me (honestly I don't even recall having such moment to begin with). Despite the fact that I'm not too psyched about some AAA games in general (Watch_Dogs or AsCreed), there were some cool games released for PC: Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation, Dark Souls 2, Beyond Earth, Legend of Grimrock, Isaac Rebirth, Transistor, or Shovel Knight, apart from my personal GOTY Dragon Age Inquisition. Next year should be better, but overall I am pleased with games released this year.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Just a reminder that the Telltale Game of Thrones game is 25% right now. That's about as good of a sale you're going to get on it since it's so new.

---------- Post added December 25, 2014 at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was December 23, 2014 at 10:46 PM ----------

Holy fuck this game............................

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

---------- Post added December 27, 2014 at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was December 25, 2014 at 12:29 AM ----------

So I finished another route. Should be interesting to do different things and see how it progresses through the season.

But I have noticed something that I've heard from other people who've played Telltale games before. The game really only offers choices as often as it does for interactivity's sake, but your choices don't actually CHANGE ANYTHING. The story still keeps going along, the major plotpoints don't change, the only thing that changes it what you say or do and as a consequence it might change who is there for certain events, or how they react to you. But you can't actually steer the plot in any specific direction...pretty disappointing

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
In The Wolf Among Us, your choices would make NPCs treat you differently though, although the bigger picture would still be the same ultimately.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
In The Wolf Among Us, your choices would make NPCs treat you differently though, although the bigger picture would still be the same ultimately.
It's the same in GoT. I just thought the choices you made would have more of an effect.

So far I've enjoyed it. But one thing I kind got confused about is Meera being a handmaiden of Margaery. I mean, it's not impossible, but they don't really explain at all how a girl from the North becomes a handmaiden for someone from the Reach. It seems like they made this unlikely invention just so they could have someone in King's Landing, and it works as far as that goes, but it isn't practical at all.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Is the game considered to be canon? I meant, in TWAU they said it's canon, so they're written by people who are authorized by its original author to avoid inconsistencies. Maybe that's the problem with Telltale GOT, but idk.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Is the game considered to be canon? I meant, in TWAU they said it's canon, so they're written by people who are authorized by its original author to avoid inconsistencies. Maybe that's the problem with Telltale GOT, but idk.
Pretty sure it is. The game starts the night of the Red Wedding. Forrester was a name associated with the Glovers of Deepwood Motte. A super minor house with next to no mention in the books. This was done on purpose, to avoid retcon and plotholes most likely. So, the Forresters would be loyal to the Starks, since their liege lord is the Glovers...but they don't mention the Glovers at all so far.

Just going by the events of the series up until this point, it doesn't really make sense that someone from such a minor house would be a handmaiden to the queen to be. It's just incredibly random. No Forresters went with Ned Stark to King's Landing when he was named Hand, and this girl isn't treated like a hostage/ward, like Sansa is. True, she isn't in service to the Lannisters like Sansa, but the Northerners are still seen as traitors. This fact is brought up in the first chapter, but it's kind of awkwardly handled to me.

Linn

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've only been a member of Steam of over two years now, can't say I like the selection of games there as I prefer Japanese games (and sadly I don't own a PS Vita or PS4 so Steam will have to do) but they have been slowly bringing in more different types of games.

I think the only game I bought in good sale was the South Park game for £13, which I waited for the sales since the release date.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
A lot of game companies have been doing a better job of offering PC versions, and Steam is the largest game software distribution platform going and has been so for years.

Are you into Indie Games at all? It's a treasure-trove if you are. Plus, the sales can't be beat.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I've only been a member of Steam of over two years now, can't say I like the selection of games there as I prefer Japanese games (and sadly I don't own a PS Vita or PS4 so Steam will have to do) but they have been slowly bringing in more different types of games.

I think the only game I bought in good sale was the South Park game for £13, which I waited for the sales since the release date.
Unless it's popular in the West, most Japanese games wouldn't be available on Steam, IMO. Moreover, AFAIK, Japanese people are not really into PC gaming in general, because they are used to console gaming.

Nevertheless, Steam is a great distribution platform. There are many cool games available, and their price is relatively more affordable compared to retail version.

Linn

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I do most of my Steam collection are Indie games that I got through Humble Bundle, but really they've just been sitting in my collection for a long time now without much play. There are the odd few that I do end up loving though. I hope Steam will continue expanding to suit everyone's tastes!

Edit: And that is a shame, but understandable. I think this is the reason why I am seeing many Japanese VNs released on Steam as that is the only PC gaming they seem to do there.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah, I was going to mention Visual Novels. I see them more and more on Steam.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Maybe the reason why it is pretty easy to bring VNs to Steam is because they're normally released by indie developer. Honestly I haven't seen any other recent VNs that is as popular as Hatoful Boyfriend for this year though.

xnut

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Anybody on here know about a problem where steam checks for a update and it does nor find any updates and says I have to be online to check for updates. PLz I miss my games

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Anybody on here know about a problem where steam checks for a update and it does nor find any updates and says I have to be online to check for updates. PLz I miss my games
Reinstall your steam?

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Anime games are currently on sale, for those who are looking for JRPG games on Steam. I recommend Recceat and Tales of the Sky (?)

xnut

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Reinstall your steam?

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Anime games are currently on sale, for those who are looking for JRPG games on Steam. I recommend Recceat and Tales of the Sky (?)
I fixed it, and I recommend the new Naruto game, and I heard great things about the legend of korra game.

---------- Post added January 24, 2015 at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was January 10, 2015 at 08:44 PM ----------

anybody play csgo?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
That game gives me a panic attack