Games - The Steam Thread | Page 16 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The Steam Thread

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Why? I never played against humans

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Ori is really good, personally I found it to be better than.. Child of Light? though I am aware that both of them are not necessarily belong to the same genre.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
So I was a bit behind with the Telltale GoT game. Episode 3 recently came out, but I hadn't played the second episode yet. Grinded through the second episode last night, and I have to say that I'm into it now. The first episode was good, but didn't really "grab" me. I guess I'm a bit more invested now.

---------- Post added May 02, 2015 at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was May 01, 2015 at 06:35 PM ----------

Caught up now. Kinda of sick and tired of the story at Ironrath...it's just too ridiculously overdone.

Also, the game is based a bit too much in the universe the show created for my liking.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Is anyone interested in a 90% coupon for this game? http://store.steampowered.com/app/218510/

I got the coupon for completing a badge, but I have no interest in the game, so I figured that I'd give it away to anyone who's interested.

Last edited:

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
not sure if anyone watch TI5 but goddamn Team Empire just got steamrolled so hard in game 3 :residentsleeper

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

C9 tilted :4head

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Sumail! :pogchamp

Hoping for LGD vs. EG finals.

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

E-Home! The one and only. :pogchamp

---------- Post added August 06, 2015 at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was August 05, 2015 at 08:08 AM ----------

Virtus pro snowball and no hard carry threat in complexity. GG.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
LGD isn't as dominating as I expected lol, btw GG to Team Secret, glad that they could beat a top tier team :kappa

---------- Post added August 07, 2015 at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was August 06, 2015 at 09:35 AM ----------

wow team Secret too OP :kappa

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Five teams remaining, 3 of them Chinese teams.

An LGD vs. EG finals is still possible. Sylar + Maybe vs. Fear + Sumail.

---------- Post added August 08, 2015 at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was August 07, 2015 at 02:56 PM ----------

EG vs. LGD not finals though :/ Winner faces CDEC in the finals.

CDEC beat both of them, 2-0 [Bo3] in the Upper Bracket.

---------- Post added August 09, 2015 at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was August 08, 2015 at 06:58 PM ----------

Sumail ultra! :pogchamp

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

Requiem + Call Down Combo! Sylar ultra! :pogchamp

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

That EG Wombo Combo!!! :kreygasm

http://cdn2.streamable.com/video/kyse.webm

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Congratulations Evil Geniuses! :celebrate

---------- Post added August 15, 2015 at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was August 09, 2015 at 06:18 PM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Wait, isn't Fear a carry? Wtf is he going to do with Sumail and Arteezy on the team now? lol

Funny thing is ppd was joking on Twitter about needing a good NA 1 player, and everyone assumed Fear was retiring...LOL...nice org, really classy.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Wait, isn't Fear a carry? Wtf is he going to do with Sumail and Arteezy on the team now? lol

Funny thing is ppd was joking on Twitter about needing a good NA 1 player, and everyone assumed Fear was retiring...LOL...nice org, really classy.
Arteezy is a better #1 than Fear, IMHO... now Fear is going to be a support lol

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Arteezy is a better #1 than Fear, IMHO... now Fear is going to be a support lol
I know positions are way more flexible and called 1-5 based on how much gold they get...but that's about as much as I know as far as Dota2 meta goes. I guess a 1 is always Mid? 2 lanes with a 5 (Support)? a 3 is the solo offlaner? And the 4 is a Jungler/Support? Because Sumail looked like a hard carry in the limited time I watched TI5.

Yeah I remember watching Free To Play and I've been aware of the guy for a while. I wonder if that'll work at all...

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I know positions are way more flexible and called 1-5 based on how much gold they get...but that's about as much as I know as far as Dota2 meta goes. I guess a 1 is always Mid? 2 lanes with a 5 (Support)? a 3 is the solo offlaner? And the 4 is a Jungler/Support? Because Sumail looked like a hard carry in the limited time I watched TI5.

Yeah I remember watching Free To Play and I've been aware of the guy for a while. I wonder if that'll work at all...
Generally 2 is mid, usually they're alone, but in competitive pro setting they usually get help from #4 (which is considered as a "roaming support".. (I guess it's pretty similar to Jungle in LoL lingo). 1 is a hard carry (ADC) who lanes with hard support (5). At TI sometimes Arteezy played a #2 champion (Shadow Fiend) but in general he plays hard carry heroes like Anti Mage etc.

3 is difficult to define.. I think. Primarily it is a role for engager heroes (Spirit Breaker/Clockwerk) or heroes who can still be useful even though they are starving for gold, but it is possible for 3 to play as quasi 4 too, so to speak.

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
What Doraku said, Fear is moving to Position 4, Farming Support.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/3h1uco/aui_2000_claims_he_was_kicked_from_eg/cu3hvfo

CDEC was forced to ban Techies and Naga Siren in the finals because of Aui then use the remaining 3 bans to Sumail's heroes, that's a big reason why EG win almost all the draft in the finals, except the one where Sumail picked Windrunner.

1 - Hard Carry (Easy Lane)
2 - Mid
3 - Offlaner (Hard Lane)
4 - Farming Support
5 - Hard Support

Here's the position/role guides in the Dota Channel:

Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
So it's pretty much exactly what I thought...thanks :residentsleeper

Also, what happened to Faust hating Dota2? First he's like Dota1 only, then he's playing LoL and now since the TI was on he's into Dota2 again...??? :kappa

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
TI5 is a great tournament. The teams are so stacked (6 Chinese Teams out of 16) compared to the forced "every region have a representative in the LoL World Championship format." I also liked the 2 groups of 8 Best of Two elimination round robin. Followed by the Main Event Winner/Loser playoff bracket seeding format. All 16 teams competing in the playoffs. The Wild Card Winners and the Teams that qualified through the regional are also contenders not just the teams that were invited. CDEC Gaming (Wild Card Team) made it all the way to the finals and through the winner's bracket on top of that.

LCS and LoL's global popularity kind of ruined the LoL World Championship I guess. Riot focused too much on getting the World Championship to be a "global" event by having represetatives from every region even though their chance of winning the tournament against the more powerful regions is pretty much zero. The International is much more competitive than the LoL World Championship. DoTA being played competitively in a select few countries/regions (China, CIS, NA, EU, SEA) compared to LoL's global success is great for The International. And the prize pool is insane.

I played Dota 2 this late July with my younger brother before his laptop got charger/power problems again. It was fun. I miss the things that are not present in LoL, the heroes are all free to play no free rotation / buy the champion before you can play bull shit making LoL not really a free-to-play game in a sense. the river runes, tougher to kill/destroy more aggresive creeps/towers compared to LoL minions/turrets, more diverge carries, int mid, range agi mid, str hard carry and melee agi hard carry than the typical AP+AD carry in LoL. Agi/Str carries becomes tankier in the late game making them, carries harder to kill in the late game compared to LoL's high AP/ high damage 80-100% crit ADCs with no defense stats. I still don't like the blink abuse in DoTA though, 12 second cooldown blink dagger. And blade mail, fuck blade mail!

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/3h2oxx/postti5_reshuffle_megathread/cu3q7u3

:lmao

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/3h2oxx/postti5_reshuffle_megathread/cu3qxtm

Gabe RR Newell :4head

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
TI5 is a great tournament. The teams are so stacked (6 Chinese Teams out of 16) compared to the forced "every region have a representative in the LoL World Championship format." I also liked the 2 groups of 8 Best of Two elimination round robin. Followed by the Main Event Winner/Loser playoff bracket seeding format. All 16 teams competing in the playoffs. The Wild Card Winners and the Teams that qualified through the regional are also contenders not just the teams that were invited. CDEC Gaming (Wild Card Team) made it all the way to the finals and through the winner's bracket on top of that.
I wasn't comparing the two games, I distinctly remember you saying you hated Dota2 and LoL...OG Dota only. Then you randomly started playing LoL and following the the pro scene. Now you're doing the same with Dota2...where were you last TI? lol

LCS and LoL's global popularity kind of ruined the LoL World Championship I guess. Riot focused too much on getting the World Championship to be a "global" event by having represetatives from every region even though their chance of winning the tournament against the more powerful regions is pretty much zero. The International is much more competitive than the LoL World Championship. DoTA being played competitively in a select few countries/regions (China, CIS, NA, EU, SEA) compared to LoL's global success is great for The International. And the prize pool is insane.
How has it ruined it? Have you even been around to watch one WC? (I really can't remember) Ruined it how? Having competitive leagues in multiple scenes doesn't ruin competition. The issue originally was not having enough International competition, but Riot has changed that and have also been expanding the field of the WC as well.

This is coming from someone who doesn't watch every league every week and doesn't wish to either. I'm usually bored of LCS after the first few weeks and want the playoffs already.

I played Dota 2 this late July with my younger brother before his laptop got charger/power problems again. It was fun. I miss the things that are not present in LoL, the heroes are all free to play no free rotation / buy the champion before you can play bull shit making LoL not really a free-to-play game in a sense. the river runes, tougher to kill/destroy more aggresive creeps/towers compared to LoL minions/turrets, more diverge carries, int mid, range agi mid, str hard carry and melee agi hard carry than the typical AP+AD carry in LoL. Agi/Str carries becomes tankier in the late game making them, carries harder to kill in the late game compared to LoL's high AP/ high damage 80-100% crit ADCs with no defense stats. I still don't like the blink abuse in DoTA though, 12 second cooldown blink dagger. And blade mail, fuck blade mail!
I can't really argue against that as I think the grind is stupid. But I've played enough to where it doesn't matter anymore.

Not sure what you mean about carry diversity either. You can carry from every role in LoL...whether something is a bonafide hypercarry or not depends on the champ's scaling. AP Mids and ADCs aren't the only positions with hypercarries. The only role that doesn't have a hypercarry champ is obviously Support, since that isn't what they're played for.

...well, I wasn't trying to bring up an argument over comparing them, just wondering where this newly found love came from, when you were the opposite not that long ago :lmao

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I do like their idea of balancing though. It's clear the balancing philosophy between the two games are quite different. Seems like they micromanage things much less than Riot does.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Not sure what you mean about carry diversity either. You can carry from every role in LoL...whether something is a bonafide hypercarry or not depends on the champ's scaling. AP Mids and ADCs aren't the only positions with hypercarries. The only role that doesn't have a hypercarry champ is obviously Support, since that isn't what they're played for.

...well, I wasn't trying to bring up an argument over comparing them, just wondering where this newly found love came from, when you were the opposite not that long ago :lmao
I think that "diversity of carries" is not the best way to describe it - it's just each one of DotA heroes has a more specialized and unique role, designated to fit certain team composition and strategy. Of course in LoL this happens as well, but the way I see it heroes - and by extension, DotA 2's meta - are more flexible when it comes to their position in DotA compared to champs in LoL.

I am not trying to imply that one thing is better or worse than the other, but Riot and Valve's approach when it comes to designing a hero/champ is quite different, thus making the comparison between two games are more intricate than what some people often say when comparing both games.

Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Pls no Pepsirino.....

Faust, you have my permission to start a Dota2 thread dude...