TV - The Television Show Thread | Page 81 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV The Television Show Thread

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Glad to see another fan!

I did not have any expectations with it either, but I think that was for the best. In the end it made the experience even better, I think. How they
used Benny/Lenny as an "avatar" of the Devil with Yellow eyes (can't remember his name—something Faruk?) came as a surprising twist!

I also really love the guy they got to play David—he was phenomenal! If I remember correctly, he studied schizophrenia prior to the role for months, from asking people with it to talking with professionals. Now that's a guy that takes his acting seriously. The rest of the cast was equally enchanting of course, but the only other person that I really enjoyed as much as I did David was Oliver Bird and his actor.

Overall a high quality show. I really hope others here give the show a chance. They will miss out on something great otherwise.

(what happened to the user? banned? :( )
Oh, didn't know that, that's cool. He did seem pretty good at being creepy, guess I understand why xD. I also love the fact regarding
David's relation to the X-men
. All in all, I can't wait until next season. I hope it won't suffer from the S2 syndrome many shows seem to have.

Also Koen was a former mod, he simply graduated and started working full time :p

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Really? I wasn't aware of that. Maybe because I just recently watched.
Yeah, it got a mixed reception and not a ton of ratings IIRC (not that ratings matter a ton for an HBO production). It wasn't immediately clear whether we'd get more seasons or not either. But Season 2 was much more of a hit with critics, etc.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I already liked the 1st season, but the 2nd season really nailed it imho. 3rd season started strong too, but hard to say anything at this point. Seems it could be more biblical than ever before. Also quite obvious it is the final season, they started to close the loose ends right at the bat, starting with that dog shooter guy :oh

Fargos 3rd season also had a great start. Hilarious as always, they have really nailed down the dark comedy style. Ewan McGregor is great at his dual role. It was weird watching the episodes of Leftovers and Fargo back to back, when Carrie Coon acts a central role in both. I had a little "wait, which show was I watching right now"-moment there when I realized she was in both :D

Also, I am getting bit bored with the superheroes already. So not too hyped about Cloak and Dagger or Krypton. More curious to see what American Gods, Handmaid's Tale and new Twin Peaks bring to the table.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I already liked the 1st season, but the 2nd season really nailed it imho. 3rd season started strong too, but hard to say anything at this point. Seems it could be more biblical than ever before. Also quite obvious it is the final season, they started to close the loose ends right at the bat, starting with that dog shooter guy :oh
Hardly tying up a loose end IMO, especially with this show. My bet is Kevin will see him in that Hotel. If he ever figures out a way to get back there, that is.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Oh, that seems surprisingly awesome. I hadn't even heard Sigourney Weaving would be acting in this. that's super awesome, she is one of my all time favorites :zomg

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That does look good.

It gives the impression it's going to lean heavily on Jessica Jones and Daredevil for storyline. Which I think is a really good call. Iron Fist is going to work much better as a supporting character. Same for Luke Cage.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Honestly; I'd forgotten about this.

May seems like it'll be quite fun on Netflix; Bloodline, Kimmy Schmidt, House of Cards:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Speaking of Netflix series, Sense8 season 2 is out. I'm at episode 6, and love it this far as much I loved the first season.

Single Soul

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I love Outcast, Shameless and Vikings

Styx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I just found out one of my favorite comedy shows, Last Man Standing, got canceled. :( The ratings were fine and people loved it, so what the hell happened? Did it cost too much per episode or did Disney decide they just didn't want that "kind of show" under their belt? Well, at least Agents of Shield was renewed. I need to see Ghost Rider kick some superpowered Aida ass.

Also, anyone see the The Gifted trailer yet? The minds behind the X-men movies and some people from Daredevil/Jessica Jones will be helping with it. Looks pretty awesome! Hopefully it will be just as incredible as Legion!

EDIT

Oh wow, just started Raising Hope and I can't believe I missed this gem! xD

Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Anyone here excited for the new Twin Peaks season?

After 25 years the hype is real for this show, wow.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Anyone here excited for the new Twin Peaks season?

After 25 years the hype is real for this show, wow.
Pretty friggin' excited, yeah. Don't want to get my hopes up too much though. But the first season is one of my favorite TV seasons of all time (the second one was good too, whatever people may say).

Lynch is at times one of my favorite filmmakers, and at times just too strange for the sake of being strange.. I hope he's managed to keep Twin Peaks just strange enough, and not lost the feel for the show over the years.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Yes yes yes!

I need to watch some recap or something first though. Been quite a while since I saw it.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The original series is on Netflix, if you have that. I've been planning to rewatch it for a while.

I just looked for it and is now gone? Wtf?

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I don't think I have time for a full re-watch. And no, it's not on Netflix Finland, but it is on HBONordic. As are first 4 new episodes.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Man, I'm really glad The Leftovers got another season. Just amazing TV, every week better than the last.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Man, I'm really glad The Leftovers got another season. Just amazing TV, every week better than the last.
I have yet to watch the latest episode, but the one before was just brilliant, and all together this season has been amazing.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I have yet to watch the latest episode, but the one before was just brilliant, and all together this season has been amazing.
Somehow it's even better... somehow. Haven't been this moved by a TV shows in ages. Only two episodes left so I have no idea how it'll be wrapped up, but I almost don't even care.