TV The Television Show Thread

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
Re: The Television Show Thread!

For me I just have to mention the two best and only good animes to originate in the us, to my knowledge at least;
Teen Titans (completed/canceled)
Avatar the Last Airbender (still running)
they might seem like kids shows at first but they are incredibly funny and incredibly deep at times too, and they are just done perfectly. they have everything a good tv show should have, at least as good as bleach and naruto(with the bloody violence toned down a bit, for those sensetive US kids) respectively.

then there is also the best cancelled show of all time (again this is my personal opinion):
Firefly
I was so hopinng that someday it would resume and I could enjoy another season of awsomeness, there were also so many unresolved mysteries... I better stop talking about it now before I get too worked up.
and of course one of the greatest works of genius on television these days,
Battlestar Galactica
If you have ever longed for a more involving plot or intelligent story telling, combinedwith unexpected twist that make you want to jump out of your chair while leaving you unable to move from the shock of the revalation, then this is the show for you.

I also have enjoyed watching Stagate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis, back in the day. but it has become to inconvenient for me nowadays an so I am not up to date on those shows anymore, hopefully in the summer I will have the time and capability to download whatever episodes I have missed.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: The Television Show Thread!

kiddo7 said:
then there is also the best cancelled show of all time (again this is my personal opinion):
Firefly
I was so hopinng that someday it would resume and I could enjoy another season of awsomeness, there were also so many unresolved mysteries... I better stop talking about it now before I get too worked up.
and of course one of the greatest works of genius on television these days,
Dude.. tell me you've seen Serenity? It answers a WHOLE lot, and it's also probably one of the best movies ever made considering it was based on a cancelled show and tight budget. Josh did an incredible job with that to advance the storyline, so much so that he could probably do a second movie and it would definately catch on. Honestly, I see Firefly getting re-made in 20 years or something like they did with battlestar galactica/lost in space or all these other 70's Sci fi shows.
 

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I did see serenity and loved it!
but there where still a bunch of unsolved "mysteries" after the show.
I was also most shocked and disapointed that The shepard had to die, He was one of the most interesting characters after river and he had at least as many secrets as she did.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Yea the deaths were definately a big let down... but Whedon has a tendency to kill off beloved characters at the "end" of all his series. I still don't think I've gotten over Wesley's death at the end of Angel..
 

White Rabbit

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
546
Reaction score
112
Gender
Male
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Wesley... and Lindsey shot by Lorne... the last Episode of Angel is a sadistic masterpiece!!!

I have given up on a second season of firefly... wash is dead... the reaver-mystery resolved. only books past remains a big secret, but i think the operative-guy in the serenity-movie could be a little hint to his past life.

I'm hoping for a new Whedon-show in the near future.

In season 2 of Angel, when Lornes brother Numfar is doing the pylean dances, this is a cameo of the Joss-man himself...


"Numfar, do the dance of shame!"

:smile-big
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

i whatch alot of shows >.< here is what i am currently whatching

7th heaven *11th season .... god they are killing this show*
ER *13th season? T_T no theme song and stupied plot's and why is uncle jesse doing ?*
LOST *season 3......... please be good*
Heroes *season 1 yay!!*
Studio 60 on the sunset strip *season 1 good show long name..*
Supernatural *seaons 2 still good but not as good*
Battlestar galactica *Season 3 baby! *
CSI (LV) *Season...... not sure im just starting to get into this show*
Brothers and sisters *season 1 ... its ok..*
Kidnaped * season 1 .. i hope they dont end it before i get a ending...*
Prison Break *season 2..... please be the final season*
30 rock *season 1 its ok..*
20 good years *Season 1 please let this go on for a good while *
The nine *Season 1 ... pilot = good the rest of the series = meh*
Justice *Season 1 please keep this one on*
Standoff *season 1 also keep this one*
The Unit *season 2 yay pulmer*
Without a trace *season ummm not sure on this one either*
Doctor who *season 2 of the new series ^_^ man i love this show*
Friday night lights *season 1 good show but not sure if it will last*
Suite life of Zach and cody *Disney channel show XD but i like it*

And thats all i can think of atm >.< but i whatch anime also and other show's but just named the top shows on my list XD
 

aniway

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 4, 2006
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Television Show Thread!

though Im a guy I really had fun watching Grey's anatomy and I love CSI
 

Raseru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
687
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Anyone else love Little Britain? Hilarious show!
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The Television Show Thread!

refii said:
Yea the deaths were definately a big let down... but Whedon has a tendency to kill off beloved characters at the "end" of all his series. I still don't think I've gotten over Wesley's death at the end of Angel..
i saw serenity before i saw firefly so i was like, whos the preacher dude? why do they care so much that he died? oh, now another dude died, yeah so? this is a weird movie...
then i saw Firefly, AWESOME show. why does all the really cool shows get cancelled? anyways then i saw serenity again. omg what a cool movie! and i was crying like a baby when shepherd died. same with wash.

right now im only watching 2 shows, heroes and Lost.
lost is going downhill. something really needs to happen there to make stuff more interesting.
Heroes is probably the coolest show ie ever seen i love it. its like X-men but cool :nuts
 

White Rabbit

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
546
Reaction score
112
Gender
Male
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Re: The Television Show Thread!

ah, onother heroes-addict. i fell in love with it from the 1st episode.
i mean... it's no great masterpiece of storytelling but it is really fun to wartch.
can't wait to see what this sylar-guy is really up to.

and i don't think the 3rd season of lost is as bad as everyone says.
it has a decent pace of storytelling and with the last episode, i think it's rather obvious that a change is going to happen when the show continues in february.
if they wanna continue their "1-person-flashback-per-episode"-mode, they have to focus back on the other charakters... since jack, sawyer and kate already had their flashback-episode.
i just can't get over ekos death... he was the coolest lost-charakter besides desmond.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The Television Show Thread!

White Rabbit said:
ah, onother heroes-addict. i fell in love with it from the 1st episode.
i mean... it's no great masterpiece of storytelling but it is really fun to wartch.
can't wait to see what this sylar-guy is really up to.
if the rumors are true then it will be sean bean in the role of Sylar. could be cool
 

blasta

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
214
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I like Heroes too it was kind of boring for me at the beginning but its getting better and I like Hiro :) Prison Break and House are the other two that I just enjoy watching a lot they are great!
 

White Rabbit

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
546
Reaction score
112
Gender
Male
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Re: The Television Show Thread!

sean bean as sylar would definately rock. but lets wait and see... i don't give much about internet-rumors.


Has anyone seen Eureka yet?
What I've heard so far sounded really interesting.
 

ShgnLW

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2005
Messages
290
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I like the television, especially movies :D

I'm feeling sick right now, major drunk

inb
h gfifgjg
bjbiiiiid
d


wow dude, you sure posted everywere when you were drunk :P - Boff
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

time to update my list of shows i whatch >.> dang shows being cut!

7th heaven *11th season *
ER *13th season? *
LOST *season 3*
Heroes *season 1 yay!!*
Studio 60 on the sunset strip *season 1*
Supernatural *seaons 2 *
Battlestar galactica *Season 3 baby! *
CSI (LV) *Season...... not sure im just starting to get into this show*
Brothers and sisters *season 1.*
Kidnaped * the series is finnishing up online :( *
Prison Break *season 2.*
30 rock *season 1*
Standoff *season 1 *
The Unit *season 2 *
Without a trace *not sure on what season*
Doctor who *season 2 *
Friday night lights *season 1 t*
Suite life of Zach and cody *Disney channel show XD but i like it*
Gilmore Girls *season 6 or 7 >.>*
Avatar *season 2*
House *season 3*
3lbs *season 1*
Scrubs *season 6?*
Everwood *repeats on abc family*
Monk *i dont know what season*
Pysch *Season 2 starts in january!!*

and other shows.

Has anyone seen Eureka yet?
What I've heard so far sounded really interesting.
Season one was good but short 13 eps ? >.< i need more! >.<

and i don't think the 3rd season of lost is as bad as everyone says.
it has a decent pace of storytelling and with the last episode, i think it's rather obvious that a change is going to happen when the show continues in february.
if they wanna continue their "1-person-flashback-per-episode"-mode, they have to focus back on the other charakters... since jack, sawyer and kate already had their flashback-episode.
i just can't get over ekos death... he was the coolest lost-charakter besides desmond.
......................... Eko....................... yet another case of the 'drinking' and being killed plots on lost :P ... ok not for real . He ask to be let go so he could go back home and work on a book or something >.< .Eko was ok but i dont care anymore i mean lost for me is ok but not something i can whatch again *i had to whatch season 2 on dvd w/my step-bro and i thought i was going to go crazy* i hope they start answering more qustions........... (( Like the big one they set up @ the end of season 2)
 

White Rabbit

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
546
Reaction score
112
Gender
Male
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Re: The Television Show Thread!

BoffenJL said:
if the rumors are true then it will be sean bean in the role of Sylar. could be cool
The rumors were wrong... it's revealed now that Zachary Quinto is playing Sylar.
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

T__T today is the last ep of 06 of heroes >.< and studio 60 T__T

But cant wait to see the Doctor show up on Heroes ^^ *The actor who played the first Doctor in the new Doctor who series will be joining the cast of heroes ^___^ *
[br]Posted on: December 04, 2006, 11:16:51 AM_________________________________________________Man i cant wait tell all the spring shows are on >.<

Pysch, Monk, Lost, Studio 60,Heroes , 24,Prison Break , Saved, ect >_______<

so many shows and soo little time T__T
 

Fugitive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
278
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
Re: The Television Show Thread!

The only shows I watch on TV are Lost and Heroes.
I highly recommend them, though I think a majority of people on MangaHelpers already watch those shows.

I agree with ssjohn. I'm looking forward to the spring show season.
 

ijoit3k

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
131
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

my fav show prison break, heroes, house, sleeper cell...but i just cant wait for the prison break next episode..
 

Raseru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
687
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

You lucky Americans (I'm presuming), you get to see all of the good shows before us Aussies of the board. We don't get to see Heroes until '07 and by the looks of it, it looks awesome. Is it?

Oh yeah, I'm liking: That '70's Show... thats pretty much it ('cos its nearly Christmas) unless I'm overlooking some good-quality shows.
 
Top