TV The Television Show Thread

erikrhys

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
326
Reaction score
2
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

omg i LOVE scrubs, JD always makes me laugh ^-^, it also has morals, which is rare in tv nowadays.
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Scrubs = Morals............ it's a sad day when Scrubs is one of the top shows with morals :P

I do like Scrubs thou :) i just hope if the next season is the last they will wrap up everything nicely >__>

Watching The O.C. season 1-4 on dvd now and One tree hill season 4 on Ipod when i take OC breaks ...
 

mrcongojack

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
651
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Shows I like to watch now...
Doctor Who
House (possibly the greatest show FOX hasn't canceled)
King of the Hill
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I just love watching Prison Break. It's entertaining and smart(most important). I think Scofield and his brother really did a great job in producing a dynamic group. Scofield is the brain while Burrows serves and the brawn. However, my favorite character is Kellerman. ^___^

I watch Heroes too, just like anyone else. It is fairly entertaining too with all the superpowers. I like how Mendez could paint the future while Nakamura comes back and forth the future. Very interesting suspense here and there (like the cheerleader's birth parents and the mystery black guy who is supposed to be mute) spices up the series a little bit more.

Other than this two, I also watch a little bit of 24, House, Gray's Anatomy, Smallville, Desperate Housewives, and CSI.

I used to watch Sex and the City and Friends too. Sex and the City still remains my top American series of all time. You just can't beat Samantha Jones. She's fabulous.
 

MadDog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2006
Messages
938
Reaction score
88
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

The best show on TV these day (in my humble opinion) is The Sheild. For anyone not familiar, it's about a crew of corrupt detectives (in a made-up part of LA) who aren't afraid to break a few rules, but still end up taking down the bad guys. Vic Mackey (Michale Chickliss) is one of the best characters I've ever seen in a tv show (He's the guy that The Touch had in his avatar for a while). The early season are pretty edgy, but it's actually gotten better even though they had to tone things down (like everyhone, because of Janet Jackson losing her top).
 

twile

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Some of my fav tv shows include:
House - the doctor is always on something like it's crack or morphine XDXD
Criminal Minds - a nice little drama i got addicted too, i can't wait for season 3
That 70s show - a good laugh to cheer anyone up
Will & Grace - the gay guy is hilarious
The Fresh Prince of Belair - reruns PWN XD
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

House - the doctor is always on something like it's crack or morphine XDXD
Vicoden *sp* is what he is on :) its a pain killer for his leg but he abuses it and just gets high XD

The new TV season starts soon :) i can't wait thou i am scared to like any show to much becuse 80% will die -.-
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I watched House MD once, and it was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

"She didn't have a protein deficiency! She tried to kill herself!" That was pretty much the diagnosis.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I must have...although my friend told me about one where he fried a guy's brain to make him lose his memories and he was wrong in his diagnosis, and that sounds dumb too.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I've noticed that. But what I don't get about Hugh Lorie is this: He tries to have an American accent, he says, rather than his British one. And he says it's hard.

Hugh, baby, NO ONE CARES IF YOU ARE BRITISH! If House has an accent, he is still House, and he still (sometimes) saves folks!
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I think if he did the series with the brittish accent from the start i think it would be fine but to change it 4 seasons i think would be weird :-/
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Well i dont watch much T.V. in recent times but the shows i do watch include Naruto,Man vs. Wild, Dirty Jobs,and some others i cant remember at the moment.

Recently i just cant find time to watch any T.V. with school and work i bearly have time to come online. But on the weekends i get a little more breathing room and can watch some T.V. when im not at a party.
 

Coup

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
288
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Favs -

The Shield
Dogfights
Pros vs Joes
Mythbusters
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Mythbusters is pretty amazing. I've never had to use ANY of the information in it, but it's cool to know, plus they blow shit up. That to is cool.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I love Mythbuster, especially when they did that experiment with mentos and coke. :XD
And there was another awesome episode where they made that big speaker inside a car. :D
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I liked when they wanted to know if a sword could cut through another sword. It was especially cool seeing the katana bend the rapier back, make it fling back, and snap off.
 

krazykone12

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Hmm favorite shows
well Simpsons, Family Guy, and Boondocks come to mind
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Boondocks is pretty good, although I preferred the comic to the show.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I hate Boondocks. Far too vulgar, IMO.

I looooooooooooooove America's Next Top Model (which starts back up next week!!!), House M.D., CSI, NCIS, Scrubs (last season coming up ;____; ) and Army Wives~
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Yeah, Scrubs is good. Didn't the new season start already?

As for CSI and whatnot, I don't really care for shows like that. Although, I AM psyched about the new season of Law and Order: Criminal Intent.
 
Top