The toybox

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Brand, @MarmaladeSky :wtf
 

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
8,347
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Nice avi brandish 👀
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Brand, @MarmaladeSky :wtf
Could be very cool. I'm hoping for art to be like the Kaguya-hime movie but with more darker colours. Could get some more hype around it and hopefully translations too.

Nice avi brandish 👀
Oho Batt here?!?
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,914
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Brand, @MarmaladeSky :wtf
Aaahhhh Im excited! Im hoping for a creepy/pretty ost - gotta find that oerfect balance
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Finally gave a chance to Tonikaku Kawaii, you just can't stop reading. :blushbirb
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Finally gave a chance to Tonikaku Kawaii, you just can't stop reading. :blushbirb
Some chaps are a little flat and I feel like stopping, then I read one more, and it's beyond kawaii. Tsukasa is so cute and Nasa is best guy material. :blush

If you plan to start another rom-com in the future, give serious thought to Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko. You'll like it (not sure how many more romances you can take on lol).
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Some chaps are a little flat and I feel like stopping, then I read one more, and it's beyond kawaii. Tsukasa is so cute and Nasa is best guy material. :blush

If you plan to start another rom-com in the future, give serious thought to Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko. You'll like it (not sure how many more romances you can take on lol).
Yeah it has kinda bland chapters, was the first reason why I wasn't interested in the manga at first. But it becomes really cute tho. :nod I also remember not trusting the manga too much because I didn't like the author's first work, Hayate no Gotoku, do you know it?
And yes Nasa is such a sweetheart<3 his interactions with Tsukasa are the best.

Started reading the first chapters of Tomo-chan yes o/ It looks cute, the style of panels reminds me of Tsurezure Children (do you know that manga? it's sweet and hilarious).
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Yeah it has kinda bland chapters, was the first reason why I wasn't interested in the manga at first. But it becomes really cute tho. :nod I also remember not trusting the manga too much because I didn't like the author's first work, Hayate no Gotoku, do you know it?
And yes Nasa is such a sweetheart<3 his interactions with Tsukasa are the best.
Yep, at the beginning it was. The whole set up was meh really, but when they start living together it gets too good.

Oh I haven't read/watched that one, I know of it.

Started reading the first chapters of Tomo-chan yes o/ It looks cute, the style of panels reminds me of Tsurezure Children (do you know that manga? it's sweet and hilarious).
Tomo-chan is more funnier than the others for me. I basically look forward to it every day. Once you've read a couple hundred pages, let me know which is your best girl. There's no wrong answer there.

I'll add that manga to PTR, ta.
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Yep, at the beginning it was. The whole set up was meh really, but when they start living together it gets too good.

Oh I haven't read/watched that one, I know of it.
It also seems that the manga may have a kinda bittersweet ending, despite how cute it is.
Yeah it was a harem, his previous work, that's why I was scared of reading Tonikaku because I was sure Nasa was going to have a harem as well. :XD

Tomo-chan is more funnier than the others for me. I basically look forward to it every day. Once you've read a couple hundred pages, let me know which is your best girl. There's no wrong answer there.
I'm reading it right now, Tomo is so cute it's amazing, not haveing many chapters read but so far she's best girl for me right now, though Misuzu is still a cutie too.
I'll add that manga to PTR, ta.
It's a good manga, has many couples and most chapters focus on one of them, but all the stories are connected with the other as well. :nod Still, you can always jump chapters if a couple bores you (I kinda did that sometimes lol).
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
It also seems that the manga may have a kinda bittersweet ending, despite how cute it is.
Yeah it was a harem, his previous work, that's why I was scared of reading Tonikaku because I was sure Nasa was going to have a harem as well. :XD
Yea I think so. Or something will have to happen for them to be together forever.

Lol he kinda does have the harem but it's not contest, like ever :blush

I'm reading it right now, Tomo is so cute it's amazing, not haveing many chapters read but so far she's best girl for me right now, though Misuzu is still a cutie too.
Do wait for Carol-chan. She is adorable and a troll. It's a tough choice :notlikethis


It's a good manga, has many couples and most chapters focus on one of them, but all the stories are connected with the other as well. :nod Still, you can always jump chapters if a couple bores you (I kinda did that sometimes lol).
I get you with these manga especially, they can bore you enough to skip whole chaps. Sometimes I skim the dialogue with manga too, you just know what they're saying.
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Still reading Tomo-chan, but it's so cute, Carol-chan is indeed my best girl after all <_> her relationship with Misu is my fave, I even was to ship them and all. :XD
Will let you know when I catch up, I wish this had an anime.

I love your set tbh. :zomg I didn't know you that you ship them; I find myself shipping Norman/Emma more but with Ray and Emma are so cute as well, that hug in your avi <3.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Still reading Tomo-chan, but it's so cute, Carol-chan is indeed my best girl after all <_> her relationship with Misu is my fave, I even was to ship them and all. :XD
Will let you know when I catch up, I wish this had an anime.

I love your set tbh. :zomg I didn't know you that you ship them; I find myself shipping Norman/Emma more but with Ray and Emma are so cute as well, that hug in your avi <3.
I ship Misuzu x Carol-chan so hard! Carol is a great choice, I nearly turned for her but stayed true to Misuzu.

I'm fully behind Emma x Ray lol. I wanted their trip together to be longer so they can build that romance but it seems like they'll get to the 7W pretty quickly(?).
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
I ship Misuzu x Carol-chan so hard! Carol is a great choice, I nearly turned for her but stayed true to Misuzu.

I'm fully behind Emma x Ray lol. I wanted their trip together to be longer so they can build that romance but it seems like they'll get to the 7W pretty quickly
Ah nice then we are two now :wtf looking forward to catch up so I can read more moments between them.

Since they escaped from Isabells I always thought these two would start to have some romantic moments, so i've been waiting for a while. :D Then Norman came back and i thought it was going to be romance with him but nothing happened too. Maybe the author doesn't care to make romance between the three after all.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Maybe the author doesn't care to make romance between the three after all.
Yep I think this is more the case haha : (

Don't blame her, she's writing about the things she wants to, and if she hasn't done romance by now then it might be hard to write in(?). And it doesn't need to be in there. Some would argue it'd make things cringey and be forced.
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Yep I think this is more the case haha : (

Don't blame her, she's writing about the things she wants to, and if she hasn't done romance by now then it might be hard to write in(?). And it doesn't need to be in there. Some would argue it'd make things cringey and be forced.
Yeah, I think it's better this way too xD.
Was scared the author was going to do some sort of conflict between Ray and Norman because of Emma, the trio turning into a love triangle would be kinda annoying.
Do you enjoy love traingles btw? I always try to avoid manga/shojos that include them too much.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Was scared the author was going to do some sort of conflict between Ray and Norman because of Emma, the trio turning into a love triangle would be kinda annoying.
Yea that would not fly well, especially with the fans.

I do think it'll be brought back in - how Norman like/d/s Emma. To give his martyr turn the exclamation point of pain/sorrow and all that jazz. I just hope the author can do it in a way Ray x Emma can become canon lol.

Do you enjoy love traingles btw? I always try to avoid manga/shojos that include them too much.
Usually I avoid as well. In Boku to Kimi no Taisetsu na Hanashi there were a few times I thought it would happen, and I was very relieved that it didn't turn out that way. I can't think of any love triangles that were amazing either.
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
I do think it'll be brought back in - how Norman like/d/s Emma. To give his martyr turn the exclamation point of pain/sorrow and all that jazz. I just hope the author can do it in a way Ray x Emma can become canon lol.
Norman's feelings for Emma were more for his personality in the first arc. Now it's different in how he doesn't let her feelings about the situtation stop him in the current arc, that's some character development there. :nod
Though I'm glad that Neverland has 0 romance, kinda reminds me of One Piece in that aspect. Almost all shonens always try to have some romance in their plot.

Usually I avoid as well. In Boku to Kimi no Taisetsu na Hanashi there were a few times I thought it would happen, and I was very relieved that it didn't turn out that way. I can't think of any love triangles that were amazing either.
Author's previous works used to have love triangles a lot, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun has a love triangle for a quite long time.
Same, when someone has feelings for either Azuma-kun or Aizawa the author keeps it pretty well, though if there will be a love triangle in the future I doubt it will be dangerous or long, since their feelings are very much established. :blush
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Let's bring this talk here bc Brandy was interested :3 (and bc the profile posts have to be way too short to post it there)

@Kiki @Crescent Jinx

Eroge have around 15-20 minutes of sex scenes in a 25-50 hours long story, if you only want to look at sexy stuff there's obviously more... "focused" stuff out there :lambirb I feel that pretty often people think eroge = nukige. Eroge are character-driven stories with a very limited number of sex scenes (which can also be skipped, if anyone feels uncomfortable about them), while nukige focus on a story usually revolving around having sex (now this is somewhat similar to porn).

Eroge also often get an all-ages release later, either removing the few sex scenes (usually just hinting at the fact they had sex) or replacing them with something more harmless but still intimate (like I dunno, a kiss or a hug). This usually is the best release, because those sex scenes are often not particularly good or outright hilarious, most of the time you notice the writer was sort of "forced" to add them. Some very rare exceptions exist, if there's a strong emotional foundation or a clear theme being explored, but that's honestly very little. Never a fan of people insinuating or thinking eroge = porn though, so I couldn't help sharing my thoughts. I can see why some people still shy away from eroge, even if the sex scenes make up like 1% of the game/novel, but they should never mistake it with a dumb story focusing on sex.

Niipedia checking out (dunno if you tried to summon me Ahmad, but you succeeded anyway).
 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
Let's bring this talk here bc Brandy was interested :3 (and bc the profile posts have to be way too short to post it there)

@Kiki @Crescent Jinx

Eroge have around 15-20 minutes of sex scenes in a 25-50 hours long story, if you only want to look at sexy stuff there's obviously more... "focused" stuff out there :lambirb I feel that pretty often people think eroge = nukige. Eroge are character-driven stories with a very limited number of sex scenes (which can also be skipped, if anyone feels uncomfortable about them), while nukige focus on a story usually revolving around having sex (now this is somewhat similar to porn).

Eroge also often get an all-ages release later, either removing the few sex scenes (usually just hinting at the fact they had sex) or replacing them with something more harmless but still intimate (like I dunno, a kiss or a hug). This usually is the best release, because those sex scenes are often not particularly good or outright hilarious, most of the time you notice the writer was sort of "forced" to add them. Some very rare exceptions exist, if there's a strong emotional foundation or a clear theme being explored, but that's honestly very little. Never a fan of people insinuating or thinking eroge = porn though, so I couldn't help sharing my thoughts. I can see why some people still shy away from eroge, even if the sex scenes make up like 1% of the game/novel, but they should never mistake it with a dumb story focusing on sex.

Niipedia checking out (dunno if you tried to summon me Ahmad, but you succeeded anyway).
Do you have any recommendation , ô Niipedia ?:lambirb
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Do you have any recommendation , ô Niipedia ?:lambirb
Sure, but it's not just eroge :lambirb

Eroge/Former Eroge:

Fate/Stay Night
(ofc I would, as a big Fate fan. Started as an eroge, but has a superior, non-eroge version, which is the far better choice to play/read if anyone's interested. Kinda funny that the franchise is a money-printing machine nowadays).

G-Senjou no Maou: https://vndb.org/v211 (Both Eroge and an all-ages release, you can pick either. Very Death Note like, heavy focus on mind games)

Grisaia no Kajitsu: https://vndb.org/v5154 (Both eroge and an all-ages release, you can pick either. Slice of life, action, comedy, a mix of everything. Many people really love this one)


Non-Eroge: (different categories here, like Nakige (stories supposed to make you cry) or mystery stories)

Ever17: https://vndb.org/v17 (Mystery story, people trapped in an underwater amusement park. Needs some time to get going but holy moly, the last part is mindblowing)

Umineko: https://vndb.org/v24 (I know most of you started reading the manga, but the VN's the best experience in my eyes :p The music is flat-out amazing, @syx can confirm)

Clannad or Little Busters: https://vndb.org/v4 / https://vndb.org/v5 (The true experience, though the Clannad anime is a pretty faithful adaption from what I know. The Little Busters anime is pretty meh though, or that's what Sky told me at least. These two have a heavy slice-of-life focus, with romance/drama and a touch of mystery. Looking at you @Brandish :p)

Steins:Gate: https://vndb.org/v2002 (If anyone still hasn't watched the anime. Mystery, time travel, thriller)

Danganronpa: https://vndb.org/v7014 (Game with Visual Novel elements, people like @Asako can tell you how entertaining this one is. This is about a survival game, and has two sequels)

Planetarian: https://vndb.org/v34 (short but impactful story, think this one isn't longer than 4-5 hours. Sort of dystopian drama)

And yes, 7 of the works I recommend here have an anime too :XD The only ones I can vouch for are Clannad, Steins;Gate and Planetarian though. Fate/Stay Night is a bit of a mess in terms of anime adaptations... and Umineko+Danganronpa 1 have incredibly bad anime adaptations :(
 
Top