The toybox

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Streets is hot right now, son :wowsoBOB.

Kendrick is brilliant and I rinsed out his new album. I don't follow new rap to be fair, but I've listened to Logic quite a bit recently and J.Cole's new album. Of all time? I prefer Biggie's flow and style; so much flava and chilled out. BUT Jay-Z is it for me, that was more current during my younger years, so I could relate more.
I like J.Cole as well, might give Logic a try some time.

Biggie is great, and Jay-Z too. Funnily, I didn't realise how big he was until late highschool years, thought he was just that guy in the Mariah Carey song Heartbreaker for the longest time :yodawg Snoop, 2pac, Biggie etc were the big names over here. I even thought Nas was bigger. So it was a discovery of sorts when I started to listen to more Jay-Z.

Pac fan...wut?
You anticipating the new movie?
I'm looking forward to it, it's gotta be hype with that title. Even if the acting/movie isn't great there'll be some decent beats in it, along with nostalgia. I thought the biggie movie 'Notorious' was good. It's going to be tough for the actor since pac was a very charismatic person.
I used to watch the 2pac documentary Ressurection a bit... when the piano comes on for Changes :nunogasm
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I like J.Cole as well, might give Logic a try some time.

Biggie is great, and Jay-Z too. Funnily, I didn't realise how big he was until late highschool years, thought he was just that guy in the Mariah Carey song Heartbreaker for the longest time :yodawg Snoop, 2pac, Biggie etc were the big names over here. I even thought Nas was bigger. So it was a discovery of sorts when I started to listen to more Jay-Z.



I'm looking forward to it, it's gotta be hype with that title. Even if the acting/movie isn't great there'll be some decent beats in it, along with nostalgia. I thought the biggie movie 'Notorious' was good. It's going to be tough for the actor since pac was a very charismatic person.
I used to watch the 2pac documentary Ressurection a bit... when the piano comes on for Changes :nunogasm
If its any where as good as Straight Out of Compton....its going to be bomb.
Brand...idk you was a rap fan,dont let bobby fool ya...he's more R&B critic:gnut

I like jay z but to me he was/is a pop artist now a days....in the beginning he was hungry yeah but i will always put nas a level above him.
Nas may not have the volume of chart topping songs....vut his albums are always solid...collaborations and talent scouting is top notch.

You like south?....im a big T.I. fan too.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Everything is a chick if you believe hard enough.

Top 5 favorite movies? @Brandish
I can play the trapcard :zomg

Idk that's a tough one, I really don't have favourites... but I'll say Pulp Fiction, The Godfather 2, The Matrix, The Great Escape, Once Were Warriors.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
If its any where as good as Straight Out of Compton....its going to be bomb.
Brand...idk you was a rap fan,dont let bobby fool ya...he's more R&B critic:gnut

I like jay z but to me he was/is a pop artist now a days....in the beginning he was hungry yeah but i will always put nas a level above him.
Nas may not have the volume of chart topping songs....vut his albums are always solid...collaborations and talent scouting is top notch.

You like south?....im a big T.I. fan too.
I listen to all kinds of music, mainly rock and rap if I had to pick. But mostly from 90-00's.

I get what you're saying with Jay-Z and Nas, that's how it felt to me growing up. Nas songs were stronger lyrically for me, there was a story to his music. Both great rappers.

T.I is a name I've not heard in a while. Did he get done for guns? I remember him being in some serious trouble for a while. I liked his stuff, still listen to the album King (only one I have).
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
You been keeping up with the Treach vs Flex/Wack 100 beef....its over the robbery when pac was shot.
Flex claims he lied and shot his self...saying pac was shook.
This in turn lead to biggie getting shot...wtf?
I might've seen something on IG about it but no, I've not been following it. Ain't Flex always beefing with someone?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I like J.Cole as well, might give Logic a try some time.

Biggie is great, and Jay-Z too. Funnily, I didn't realise how big he was until late highschool years, thought he was just that guy in the Mariah Carey song Heartbreaker for the longest time :yodawg Snoop, 2pac, Biggie etc were the big names over here. I even thought Nas was bigger. So it was a discovery of sorts when I started to listen to more Jay-Z.
Fade Away is a favourite of mine from Logic.

Jay-Z vs Nas was going on for years. Jay was more commercially successful and I think after a while his music began to reflect that, being more mainstream, while Nas still had that rawness to his music. So OGs will say Nas is better... Probably.
Its a long discussion that can be split into different aspects of the genre but you'll always have the same names come up.

Can't believe you only knew Jay-Z from Mariah Carey :xd

@gnut check out Yo Trane; some pretty dope R&B.
 

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
8,347
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
What kind of games do you like Randy?
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Ahmad, you really are quite something at providing epic pics
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,958
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Thats not all. I have bookmarked more Fubuki pics :hurr
More importantly, Papa Mr Bob is around :wtf
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Thats not all. I have bookmarked more Fubuki pics :hurr
More importantly, Papa Mr Bob is around :wtf
Send me the NSFW ones. :wowsoBOB

I'm always around, it's just when I'm out of town for work I don't have the energy to post much at all.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,958
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail




 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,958
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
:wtf

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---






 
Top