The toybox

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It's only 8 pages for me :pout
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Yes, I got sidetracked, same with Index :feelsbadman When the new anime season started, that pushed back these as well. And I watched Houseki for the anime awards... Hopefully in the not too distant future I'll watch them :feelsgoodman
Oh, you didn't finish Index yet? I think I recall you starting Index at least, but maybe I'm wrong... but I know how you feel, a new anime season tends to use up quite a bit of your free "otaku" time, haha : D How did you like Houseki?
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Oh, you didn't finish Index yet? I think I recall you starting Index at least, but maybe I'm wrong... but I know how you feel, a new anime season tends to use up quite a bit of your free "otaku" time, haha : D How did you like Houseki?
I completed 6 episodes, and yea that's what happened lol. I loved Houseki, that cast of girls :blush
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Let me post this here, otherwise it will be forgotten on Discord. Not to mention that we want to raise the page number of your glorious thread anyway, and it was your proposal that I post my answer in your MTM after all. xP

It’s actually very difficult to answer your question in regards to vn/anime/manga. Overall, I think I enjoy to read mangas more than watching animes or reading vns. But the difference is rather small. Let’s not forget that I haven’t read that many vns anyway (one route of Fate and currently Umineko). In a vn you obviously get way more – detailed – information, be it the surroundings, about the (side) characters and/or emotions. And you pay more attention to the soundtracks, since they won’t be overshadowed by epic animations. Umineko in particular has tons of amazing tracks. On the other hand, I hate the permanent mouse clicking. There is an automode in Umineko, but it’s either too fast or too slow. Moreover, the character sprites feel a bit monotone in my opinion. Dunno what I could tell more. Ah, I almost forgot. How can I describe it... since there are no animations and no panels which show how the characters move or behave, the vn leaves a lot of things up to your imagination, which I personally kinda like. : )
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Is this the official place to talk about JoJo Part 6?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I completed 6 episodes, and yea that's what happened lol. I loved Houseki, that cast of girls :blush

Oh just 6 episodes :XD Well no surprise, early Index isn't all that great, and Railgun is where it gets truly awesome, so I guess you didn't feel that much motivation to continue lol.

Who's your favourite girl? I think I have to go with the generic answer, for me it's Phos xD
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Is this the official place to talk about JoJo Part 6?
It is. Jolyne is best Jojo and Gyro is best Jobro.

I don't read the series, but I know this stuff :nod

Oh just 6 episodes :XD Well no surprise, early Index isn't all that great, and Railgun is where it gets truly awesome, so I guess you didn't feel that much motivation to continue lol.

Who's your favourite girl? I think I have to go with the generic answer, for me it's Phos xD
Yep I really want to see Misaka's series :zomg

The generic answer is the best answer :heh I loved Phos before winter. After she lost some luster (pun not intended). Tough to answer with just one isn't it, this cast was amazing. Diamond is my 2nd besto.

Are you watching A Place further than the Universe this season?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yep I really want to see Misaka's series :zomg

The generic answer is the best answer :heh I loved Phos before winter. After she lost some luster (pun not intended). Tough to answer with just one isn't it, this cast was amazing. Diamond is my 2nd besto.

Are you watching A Place further than the Universe this season?
Well if you absolutely can't wait it's fine to just watch the first season of Index, then switch to Railgun. Though no worries, Misaka will have a major role in the first Index season too ;)

Yup true, the cast was amazing as a whole. Seems like we're on the same page here, Diamond 2nd besto :nod

Nah, I only watched the first ep... which was good/fine, but I had so many shows on my list already, so my standard of what to keep was rather high xD Granted though, I'm not "that" big on pure slice-of-life/feel good shows, so that was part of the reason too. Though ofc I can't judge if there's some drama or mystery or something else now, just my first impression.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Well if you absolutely can't wait it's fine to just watch the first season of Index, then switch to Railgun. Though no worries, Misaka will have a major role in the first Index season too ;)
Hmm in that case I won't be skipping Index :hurr

Nah, I only watched the first ep... which was good/fine, but I had so many shows on my list already, so my standard of what to keep was rather high xD Granted though, I'm not "that" big on pure slice-of-life/feel good shows, so that was part of the reason too. Though ofc I can't judge if there's some drama or mystery or something else now, just my first impression.
It's pretty much that (most of what's going to happen is outlined in that first ep).
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh just 6 episodes :XD Well no surprise, early Index isn't all that great, and Railgun is where it gets truly awesome, so I guess you didn't feel that much motivation to continue lol.
Are you saying that Railgun is better than Index? You can't be saying that can you? You wouldn't lie to Brandish like that.:-_-
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Are you saying that Railgun is better than Index? You can't be saying that can you? You wouldn't lie to Brandish like that.:-_-
Yeah, that's what I'm saying :p @syx seems to feel the same, and I was under the impression that's the general opinion. Dunno how @Sky feels about it, I think he likes both equally : )
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I Love BiriBiri
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Regarding Anime alone, Railgun is Superior. By LN standards, Index wins by far .
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, that's what I'm saying :p @syx seems to feel the same, and I was under the impression that's the general opinion. Dunno how @Sky feels about it, I think he likes both equally : )
Railgun looks like it was made with a higher budget but other than that... I think Index is better. The gimmick with Touma is way more interesting than the psuedo school club thing Railgun does.

Story wise Railgun just plays second fiddle. It's best parts are Index retreads.:amuse

Also don't ignore the power of the Touma harem. Misaka is best girl. That's nearly indisputable. But she's not alone in that hall of fame..

 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Can't agree with you completely, Jammin-kun. The Anime simply is too far away from the juicy stuff.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And I would bet @Sky like's Railgun better. I mean, it bribed him with loli-Misaka how could he not?:heh


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Called it.:p
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well as I said. If we only judge the Anime, then Railgun wins.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, still very much disagree. Railgun probably is a more quality adaptation. It certainly seemed that way but what it was adapting. I think it's not as good as you guys remember it being.

Misaka is awesome. But she's not all that's in that show. When it gets away from her and Koroko things get rough. The amount of Uiharu stuff in particular must be an acquired taste I do not possess.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Sorry @Jammin but so far- if you read the LN - Index has been exposition at best.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sorry @Jammin but so far- if you read the LN - Index has been exposition at best.
Your forgiven.:p

Can't comment on the novel. It's on my reading list but I definitely dig what the anime built up with Touma in the anime. And I'm very much looking forward to seeing what happens in Season 3 when it comes out this year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky
Top