The toybox

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
For now, I plan to read Made in Abyss, Kimetsu no Yaiba and Railgun.
I want to read Made in Abyss too after the anime. People who read KnY seem to love it, yet it doesn't get the attention other WSJ manga do from what I can tell. Let us know if it's a good one.

Also why not join us for our Olympics trip Brandy? :hip You can enjoy Rugby there too, I think (though I honestly don't know if it's part of the Olympics, lol)
You going to the Olympics? I'll think about it for sure, it's the Olympics :zomg They had 7's rugby in Brazil so they should have it in Tokyo.

Anybody thinking about reading it needs to know it's on long term, possibly permanent, hiatus. And not like at a natural stopping spot either. Like right after a pivotal moment creators just threw up their hands and were like "We're done here." and went to start up a new completely different series.
Keeping in mind I'm good with hiatuses, how bad we talking?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is that so? I had the feeling that I was talking to a wall sometimes. :lmao I still have the feeling that New Waves is well received overall, dunno, maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.
No, I think your probably right. There was just kind a division in popularity. Mainly because of the shift in focus from GMR to Shioon.

For Brandish's benefit. GMR stands for Goomoonryong. So for obvious reasons everyone calls him GMR. He is Shioon's master. Sort of a hard boiled rebel martial artist.

OG Breaker was almost more about GMR than Shioon. Which I think really appealed to Seinen fans. Because he's very much a seinen style character. Shioon is more of a shounen style one. I personally always liked New Waves better because I never liked GMR. That and the sudden influx of awesome female characters/love interests.

Such as..

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Keeping in mind I'm good with hiatuses, how bad we talking?
About as bad as it gets, I think.

Because this is not "To be continued." this is "Might be continued...but maybe not.". It's hard to even think of a manga comparison. It's more like a TV show that was cancelled after a season ending cliffhanger. It will haunt you for sure.

It'll be a blast getting up to that point though. Lots of very enjoyable stuff right up until it shatters your heart into a million pieces then dances upon them.
 
Last edited:

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
People who read KnY seem to love it, yet it doesn't get the attention other WSJ manga do from what I can tell. Let us know if it's a good one.
That's exactly why I was troubled on whether to pick it up or not. Well, niichan said it's decent (something along those lines), but nothing outstanding. I'll give it a try and tell you my thoughts on it.

That and the sudden influx of awesome female characters/love interests.
:hurr:hurr:hurr










 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,197
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
The Breaker was one of the first manhwas I've read (I didn't even know it was a manhwa back then), but I dropped the Breaker new waves. The gamer is also a fun and creative piece, I never get tired of those puns with games and online games in general. @Brandish Noblesse is a good manhwa too, althought it might be slow at some points and have characters you might hate for its stupidity (@Jammin knowns), it's an interesting and dramatic story.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I want to read Made in Abyss too after the anime. People who read KnY seem to love it, yet it doesn't get the attention other WSJ manga do from what I can tell. Let us know if it's a good one.

You going to the Olympics? I'll think about it for sure, it's the Olympics :zomg They had 7's rugby in Brazil so they should have it in Tokyo.
Please do, it would be great if you join our trip :pleased Be ready for massive otakuness though, outside of the olympic events :nerd

Also please give Kimetsu and Made in Abyss a try, pretty sure you will enjoy both. I can tell you that the arc right after the MiA anime is the best thing the series delivered so far, it was spectacular in my eyes.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Really, massive otakuness? Are you sure :kappa

I can tell you that the arc right after the MiA anime is the best thing the series delivered so far, it was spectacular in my eyes.
Sounds great. I'll have to do this soon. The anime was probably the best of the year for me. How's Mahoutsukai going so far? I'm still on episode 2 with my anime :feelsbadman
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Really, massive otakuness? Are you sure :kappa



Sounds great. I'll have to do this soon. The anime was probably the best of the year for me. How's Mahoutsukai going so far? I'm still on episode 2 with my anime :feelsbadman
:notsure Well at least you can count on us going all out on all things that are Otaku :toc

Yeah, the anime definitely was among the best of the year :nod I would say Mahoutsukai is going good. The latest episode 5 is the first time the anime actually does the manga justice and improves on it. Well I'm absolutely not complaining, it could've been handled way worse, but I feel like the first 4 episodes were going too slow and well... how to describe it, it was an accurate depiction of the events, but I want an anime to actually enhance the feelings I had for the corresponding manga chapters. It has voice acting, it has music and animation, so by all means a great anime is something that uses the manga as a foundation and actually manages to surpass it in a way, or at least to enhance the experience. Everything below that can still be good or maybe even great to some extent, but it's not doing an awesome job. Some positive examples would be OPM or Shingeki.

Ofc that doesn't mean Mahoutsukai was doing bad until ep 5, the source material is strong enough, and WIT Studio isn't doing a bad job either, I guess I was simply wishing for a bit more... if you really love a manga, you want it to get an awesome adaptation :XD That being said, ep 5 was almost perfect in my eyes, and it's only going to get better, so maybe I'm rambling for nothing xD
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
:notsure Well at least you can count on us going all out on all things that are Otaku :toc
Yes, that's what I meant. At bare minimum I expect your otakuness to be at massive levels, making normal folk like myself uncomfortable xD

I would say Mahoutsukai is going good. The latest episode 5 is the first time the anime actually does the manga justice and improves on it. Well I'm absolutely not complaining, it could've been handled way worse, but I feel like the first 4 episodes were going too slow and well... how to describe it, it was an accurate depiction of the events
Right, at least it's by no means a fail. Kinda hyped for ep 5 now.

but I want an anime to actually enhance the feelings I had for the corresponding manga chapters. It has voice acting, it has music and animation, so by all means a great anime is something that uses the manga as a foundation and actually manages to surpass it in a way, or at least to enhance the experience. Everything below that can still be good or maybe even great to some extent, but it's not doing an awesome job. Some positive examples would be OPM or Shingeki.
I never really looked at anime like that, but that makes perfect sense, since they're adaptations for the most part. It's usually easier to notice the ones that do a poor job, I guess.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yes, that's what I meant. At bare minimum I expect your otakuness to be at massive levels, making normal folk like myself uncomfortable xD



Right, at least it's by no means a fail. Kinda hyped for ep 5 now.



I never really looked at anime like that, but that makes perfect sense, since they're adaptations for the most part. It's usually easier to notice the ones that do a poor job, I guess.
lol no worries, I'm not THAT BAD x'D I'm not exactly going omg or weeb at every corner, far from it, but ofc you could count on me going to Akiba regularly :3 Prolly more of a closet Otaku more often than not, so no need to fear getting embarassed or anything like that.

Well I'm sure you will enjoy that one, you should catch up soon :p

Yep, and more anime fail than do an amazing job, so it's just more out in the open :XD I guess you're not much of an anime person?
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
What is your favourite weekly manga and why is it Kingdom? :heh
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Yep, and more anime fail than do an amazing job, so it's just more out in the open :XD I guess you're not much of an anime person?
I have anime binges rather than a stable diet xD

I like buying an anime (or watch it on CR), and watching it in one day. The Anime league has been a good thing to participate in so that I can watch some of the new titles though.

What is your favourite weekly manga and why is it Kingdom? :heh
Well now that FT finished, Kingdom has a chance :heh

Also, Ri Boku > Ou Ki.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
I have anime binges rather than a stable diet xD

I like buying an anime (or watch it on CR), and watching it in one day. The Anime league has been a good thing to participate in so that I can watch some of the new titles though.



Well now that FT finished, Kingdom has a chance :heh

Also, Ri Boku > Ou Ki.
Let's see how Kingdom's final war arc goes down. :lul

Keep in mind the latter had to resort to hiding himself and his army because he couldn't beat Ouki otherwise and he said that in a direct confrontation he would lose against Renpa who's on the same level as Ouki. :heh
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Let's see how Kingdom's final war arc goes down. :lul
Well it will be against the Chu(mps). Can't see it being a letdown tbh.

Keep in mind the latter had to resort to hiding himself and his army because he couldn't beat Ouki otherwise and he said that in a direct confrontation he would lose against Renpa who's on the same level as Ouki. :heh
"Resort to hiding" :lmao

He beat Ou Ki by having more information, not by hiding :heh
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Well it will be against the Chu(mps). Can't see it being a letdown tbh.



"Resort to hiding" :lmao

He beat Ou Ki by having more information, not by hiding :heh
Yeah, could possibly surpass the Coalition based on what I've read about it.

Tell me why Ouki didn't know of Riboku? Because Riboku imposed an information control since he couldn't let Ouki know of him or else the plan would've failed. Houken too was one of the key factors in Ouki's downfall but even he was going to die but Riboku had to even bring a 10 bows archer as a last resort. :hmph

Also, still didn't address my second point. :heh
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Tell me why Ouki didn't know of Riboku? Because Riboku imposed an information control since he couldn't let Ouki know of him or else the plan would've failed. Houken too was one of the key factors in Ouki's downfall but even he was going to die but Riboku had to even bring a 10 bows archer as a last resort. :hmph
Eh, of course. Change some of those factors and it can't go the same way. Ri Boku would just figure out another way to win though :heh

Also, still didn't address my second point. :heh
Character statements, hype, etc. Though I don't think a direct confrontation is to Ri Boku's benefit against either.
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Eh, of course. Change some of those factors and it can't go the same way. Ri Boku would just figure out another way to win though :heh



Character statements, hype, etc. Though I don't think a direct confrontation is to Ri Boku's benefit against either.
How can you be so sure? :arf

A hype statement coming from your man Riboku himself. :heh
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
.. your purity is most welcome!


All the traps seem to be in the Husbando Wars :lmao


Good answer of you btw xD

What kind of manga(s) do you read besides TPN and RobotxLaserbeam? Which anime(s) do you currently watch (unless you don't have any anime(s) you watch atm). Why is Sinbad your favorite male character from Magi? How is Australia and how does it feel to live in the future? Last but not least what makes Randi-kun so special from others?

Time to enjoy myself with more tea while looking forward to your reply.

 
Top