The toybox

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Hope you ll enjoy it, its different but for some reasons, it has some totsukuni vibes, maybe the non usual art style, or the "tale"narrative style. I love a lot tongari, teh setting and the characters and theres Agathe
possibly one of my fave female chars lately.
I finished volume 2. I do agree there are some "Totsukuni vibes"; as you've mentioned there's art/narrative style similarities, and also, that there is an undercurrent that you cannot quite put your finger on. I think this is much more pronounced in Totsukuni, as there is more mystery; while in Atelier it is apparent that there are forbidden forces, but, a conspiracy/lie is holding everything together, and through Qifrey, we expect it's not all peachy in the auditorium as well. Nothing original but it makes for good/gripping reading. Might be off the mark, but that's what I feel after 2 vols.

Agathe has some obvious character development in the tank, a lot of that was just revealed with the water/sand incident at the end of the second volume. I'll have to wait until I see more from her to comment.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,171
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I finished volume 2. I do agree there are some "Totsukuni vibes"; as you've mentioned there's art/narrative style similarities, and also, that there is an undercurrent that you cannot quite put your finger on. I think this is much more pronounced in Totsukuni, as there is more mystery; while in Atelier it is apparent that there are forbidden forces, but, a conspiracy/lie is holding everything together, and through Qifrey, we expect it's not all peachy in the auditorium as well. Nothing original but it makes for good/gripping reading. Might be off the mark, but that's what I feel after 2 vols.

Agathe has some obvious character development in the tank, a lot of that was just revealed with the water/sand incident at the end of the second volume. I'll have to wait until I see more from her to comment.
O nice i think you ll be catching up soon, :zomg im glad you re enjoying it so far.
Yeah definitely, also despite the tale style, theres some sort of dark/ominious things/fate threatening characters that appear "pure" in both stories. I m really enjoying both readings, they somehow remind me this feeling when i was reading/ watching tales or disney movies, when i was a child, in a very good way ofc, as you said it's really magical. But i think both stories will probably wont last long, i feel they probably be less than 100 chaps, cant see them stretching too long.
I love too how magics and those circles (that remind me FMa) are explained, i love how the author is trying her best to give sense /realistic explanations. you'll see soon some interesting world building infos and and some interesting stuff, wont spoil you, though.
Regarding characters, im really intrigued by Qifrey, i want to learn more about him, and yeah Agathe got a nice developments, and she will get even more development in the last chapters. i love her personality and her charadesign.

and this art is so amazing :zomg this pic (i removed the bubble content not to spoil you) is beautiful !


 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,970
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Our fav be roasting mavis lmao

Dat sexy back tho
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Our fav be roasting mavis lmao

Dat sexy back tho
Lmaoooo. When I first saw Mavis here I was like wtf. But it makes perfect sense that the best guy would say what needs to be said.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,970
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Lmaoooo. When I first saw Mavis here I was like wtf. But it makes perfect sense that the best guy would say what needs to be said.
lol the owner of that account seems to like mavis. there are posts like "mavis is the best" "5 reasons to love mavis" etc. there are really mavis fans out there lmaooo
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

have heard of cyclone Blake? Are you directly affected by it? My province (East Java), Bali, West Nusa Tenggara, East Nusa Tenggara are affected. The weather becomes stormy, windy, almost endless rainy, and also sea level rise.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
have heard of cyclone Blake? Are you directly affected by it? My province (East Java), Bali, West Nusa Tenggara, East Nusa Tenggara are affected. The weather becomes stormy, windy, almost endless rainy, and also sea level rise.
Yea it's not near me, but was where I'm flying to on Monday lol. Hopefully it fizzles out by the weekend. Haven't been tracking it though.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,970
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail




Brandish and cake. Valentine edition I guess
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

For you

 
Last edited:

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,970
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Notice DiMaria's cake/sundae?



That was beautiful. Thank you.
what's with it? the brown thingie that resembles Brandish's accessories?
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,970
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
hnnngggg I saw you changed the title to Brandish' thread and to Intense Love Making thread :hurr
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,970
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
then I will change mine too :hurr

done :hurr
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
I'm re-reading Yugami-kun and found that the author has a twitter, and they updated an official art of these two having a date in New Year. :blush

Needed a new slice of life/romance series to follow and found out one named "Futari Ashitamo Sorenarini", it's pretty cute and simple, check it out some time if you want something just sweet. ^^
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
As a token of my appreciation for the heated towels, always a great move, enjoy a gentleman's manga recommendation..:hi
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/seri...-really-really-really-really-really-love-you/
Funnily enough, I was recommended this before by @Belserion , not for my benefit, but because it is clearly rom com trash and Belser believes I am of that ilk.

Which is true.

I hope you enjoy your stay at the bath and spa, Jammin!

I'm re-reading Yugami-kun and found that the author has a twitter, and they updated an official art of these two having a date in New Year. :blush

Needed a new slice of life/romance series to follow and found out one named "Futari Ashitamo Sorenarini", it's pretty cute and simple, check it out some time if you want something just sweet. ^^
You're making up for your top 10 romance disses? :heh

I'll add it to the list and save for a rainy day. Thank you for the thoughtful recommendation (Bel take notes).

And of course, feel free to treat yourself to a day at the bath and spa. Our geothermal rock pools allow one to experience natural bath and spa therapies, with soothing vapours acting as a gentle sauna. Our layout caters for male-only and female-only sections, guaranteed to have no peep holes, giving our patrons peace of mind.
 
Top