The toybox

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,160
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Oh, I believe you recommended this to me previously, and I would have picked it up immediately had Belserion not endorsed it. Since you recommended it, I will place the title on PTR until the time comes where I move past all angst.

To reward your kindness I shall extend an invitation to Brandish' Bath and Spa. Our waters are 100% natural, coming from local, pristine aquifers, with the perfect balance of minerals for body healing salts.

Yeah, i did, and i did recommended it to you before i did to Bel-chan but she started it like not even one hour after i mentionned it to her :teehee , hopefully this catches your attention some day :arf it really deserves a lot more recognition.​

I have a couple of recommendations to you and anyone else who might get interested, if you dont mind me posting them here, Sir.​

- My 1st rec : is Koudai-ke no Hitobito a romance Josei from the author of Gokusen (@gnut mentioned it if im not mistaken) it has been nominated twice for "Kono manga ga sugoi" price. I dont know how to explain, but it has some wotaku wibes, in the way it ft young adults in working place, and like wotaku the main couple is pretty settled from the very start, and also the story focuses not only on the main couple but some other character romances too, like the siblings and parents of main male. The male mc and his siblings have the ability to read people mind. and he precisely fell for the female mc, bc he can read minds and he know shes a nice and genuine person. His power makes him miserable especially at work, where he faces people manipulation, hypocrisy, ill intended co-workers. Even if its not the main purpose, the manga does depict very well people behaviour, appearences, its all about sincerity, honesty. It deals too with social classes. @Belserion @rev-chan i think you might like this, its funny coz the female Mc tend to be daydreamer and he can read her minds so, if you can check it out,. :zomg
Its short around 45 chaps, but the manga has ended, Edited Manga is still ongoing currently at chap 24.​
some panels :​

Sister's Mc :​
​
exple of a co worker who seems mean and when reading her mind... :​

exple of the opposite, one supposedly best friend of a character who ends up being really mean and who want to ruin the character's romance by "stealing" her best friends crush (somoene of koudai's family who shares the same power is reading her mind)​

Exple of Kie day dreaming. :teehee​

-2nd rec : Not a romance at all, but an amazing manga, Ore to Akuma no Blues, horror/historical setting (seinen), this is great, enjoyed it a lot, awesome art, interesting story and historical references (Prohibition, segregation etc.) wont go into details, will really recommend this to everyone, BUUUUUT the manga is on indefinite hiatus since 2008 i think, only 5 volumes are out, and 33 chap available in Edited Manga (3 or 4 chaps are lacking to complete last volume) i dont know if the author intend to come back to this work, its like Gisèle. Idk i hope he will, bc thats such a waste, i dont even understand, we readers are unfair, this has almost no recognition, while Prison school not even close to this got way more undeserved success, to my opinion.​
some awesome panels :




some socio/historical reference(segregation):




-3rd rec : Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san (shonen) it won 65th Shougakukan awards, its just an adorable manga i recommend to anyone, still ongoing, its a heartwarming slice of life, with traditional Japanese customs as a setting and a lot of food, nothing gourmet like shokugeki, just nice home made food, everyone can enjoy. art is great, and honestly its a feeling good reading (@syx i definitely recommedn it to you, you wont be disappointed, trust me (but i know what you will say :pout !) also we learn a lot about geisha life. again another little gem that deserves some more recognition.






one fo the 1st recipe introduced :




idk i sound as if im campaigning for those mangas lol. why do i have the feeling im constantly on war !



To reward your kindness I shall extend an invitation to Brandish' Bath and Spa. Our waters are 100% natural, coming from local, pristine aquifers, with the perfect balance of minerals for body healing salts.
Very much appreciated but pliz, send me a new invitation when quarentine is over, :errr and yeah will definitely enjoy ! :zomg
I feel sorry for you business, now :arf . but dw, if you provide me a good salary, ill definitely help out to restart your business after covid, and will bring out to you a ton of new customers, trust my communication skills and my creativity.


Nb, apologies Bran, for spamming that much your thread.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
- My 1st rec : is Koudai-ke no Hitobito a romance Josei from the author of Gokusen (@gnut mentioned it if im not mistaken) it has been nominated twice for "Kono manga ga sugoi" price. I dont know how to explain, but it has some wotaku wibes, in the way it ft young adults in working place, and like wotaku the main couple is pretty settled from the very start, and also the story focuses not only on the main couple but some other character romances too, like the siblings and parents of main male. The male mc and his siblings have the ability to read people mind. and he precisely fell for the female mc, bc he can read minds and he know shes a nice and genuine person. His power makes him miserable especially at work, where he faces people manipulation, hypocrisy, ill intended co-workers. Even if its not the main purpose, the manga does depict very well people behaviour, appearences, its all about sincerity, honesty. It deals too with social classes. @Belserion @rev-chan i think you might like this, its funny coz the female Mc tend to be daydreamer and he can read her minds so, if you can check it out,. :zomg
Its short around 45 chaps, but the manga has ended, Edited Manga is still ongoing currently at chap 24.​
some panels :​
Sister's Mc :​
I'll give this a shot once it's completely scanlated.

I've never heard of it, but it sounds like a good recipe for an enjoyable rom-com. If it were a serious SoL read I'd probably avoid it due to the male MC's power; thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case.

-2nd rec : Not a romance at all, but an amazing manga, Ore to Akuma no Blues, horror/historical setting (seinen), this is great, enjoyed it a lot, awesome art, interesting story and historical references (Prohibition, segregation etc.) wont go into details, will really recommend this to everyone, BUUUUUT the manga is on indefinite hiatus since 2008 i think, only 5 volumes are out, and 33 chap available in Edited Manga (3 or 4 chaps are lacking to complete last volume) i dont know if the author intend to come back to this work, its like Gisèle. Idk i hope he will, bc thats such a waste, i dont even understand, we readers are unfair, this has almost no recognition, while Prison school not even close to this got way more undeserved success, to my opinion.​
​

Oh I know this one, I've read several chapters of it here and there because the art is striking. And for the Robert Johnson legend too. I didn't really understand what was happening story wise, there were guns and deaths and I was thinking it would be about blues music. The hiatus is a real killer though. And very unfortunate. Idk if I've got it in me to start something that won't ever finish. It's kinda like Ultra Heaven, I've read bits and pieces, the art is great, but is on indefinite hiatus, so I never bothered reading it properly. Then again, I read Vagabond, so yeah.

Prison School, lol, I can think of many reasons why it's recognised :teehee

-3rd rec : Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san (shonen) it won 65th Shougakukan awards, its just an adorable manga i recommend to anyone, still ongoing, its a heartwarming slice of life, with traditional Japanese customs as a setting and a lot of food, nothing gourmet like shokugeki, just nice home made food, everyone can enjoy. art is great, and honestly its a feeling good reading (@syx i definitely recommedn it to you, you wont be disappointed, trust me (but i know what you will say :pout !) also we learn a lot about geisha life. again another little gem that deserves some more recognition.
Hmm. Since you pointed out that I didn't start the other one immediately, I'll begin Maiko-san today. There's enough in that blurb to get me going. I'll let you know what I think in time.

While you're here, and seemingly enthusiastic for things that aren't as popular as they could be, you should try Mikako-san some day. It says 212 chaps but it's really easy to get through, only 7 volumes. It's a high school romance/SoL and probably better than I give it credit for tbh.

Very much appreciated but pliz, send me a new invitation when quarentine is over, :errr and yeah will definitely enjoy ! :zomg
I feel sorry for you business, now :arf . but dw, if you provide me a good salary, ill definitely help out to restart your business after covid, and will bring out to you a ton of new customers, trust my communication skills and my creativity.
Not a problem, we will ensure your invitation is renewed when the quarantine has lifted.

Your offer to join BB&S fills us with great joy and enthusiasm. If the company survives the crisis you will be called for an interview. We're doing our best to come up with new ways to provide luxury to all - as everyone deserves it - but you can understand there are limitations to in-situ therapies!
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
So I just learned you have a spa...
Welcome, honoured guest,

We apologise for the wait. And to show our sincerity, please accept an exclusive daily pass to our bath and spa free of charge!

If your days have been stressful on the body and mind alike I encourage you to stay the full day and take up the peaceful atmosphere and hospitality.

You will note the heavenly softness of our towels, which largely owes to the skills in our local fabric industry, and the therapeutic effects of the minerals in our natural waters.

I trust your stay will be most relaxing,

Brandish
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,968
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
There has to be a way to play this...
I think it's only in Japanese (if only they released English ver :nomoar ), which is kinda a drag (but I think there's a guide out there but I think still a drag). the gameplay I think is similar to FGO. Chibi characters, gacha, turn-based, etc.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I think it's only in Japanese (if only they released English ver :nomoar ), which is kinda a drag (but I think there's a guide out there but I think still a drag). the gameplay I think is similar to FGO. Chibi characters, gacha, turn-based, etc.
I'll give the guide a try tbh :hee
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,968
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
when it comes to Brandish, no one can stop you :heh
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,160
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I'll give this a shot once it's completely scanlated.

I've never heard of it, but it sounds like a good recipe for an enjoyable rom-com. If it were a serious SoL read I'd probably avoid it due to the male MC's power; thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case.
oh nice :zomg ! yeah its not serious, it has a lot of funny moments and i like the fact its set in a workplace it makes it different from the usual romances, and the fact you get sometimes into people thought, depicts quite accurately hypocrisy/sincerity, people minds.

Oh I know this one, I've read several chapters of it here and there because the art is striking. And for the Robert Johnson legend too. I didn't really understand what was happening story wise, there were guns and deaths and I was thinking it would be about blues music. The hiatus is a real killer though. And very unfortunate. Idk if I've got it in me to start something that won't ever finish. It's kinda like Ultra Heaven, I've read bits and pieces, the art is great, but is on indefinite hiatus, so I never bothered reading it properly. Then again, I read Vagabond, so yeah.
oh 1st sorry i made a mistake actually, the author competed the 5th volume in 2015, i though all 5 volumes were released before 2009.

i didnt know (coz i always name the series by its japanese name) but the title is imspired by this RJ song.


its definitely about music but yes theres some fighting scenes, but a lot is due to historical context.
at an early stage of the story, plot will change focuse a little on a 2nd guy who will meet JR later, and they will have to ally somehow, thats probably what you refer to, coz theres some gun fights scenes indeed.
i agree theres some scenes that are confusing at some moments, idk if its due to how it pictures or wants to capture madness /hysteria, no real spoiler but : basically Mc is possessed by the Devil blue that granted him some amazing and non-human blues playing ability in exchange he lost something precious. this music hes playing impacts a lot people who listen to it to the point they re crazy when they hear it. but at some point of the story, i was even wondering if the char i mentioned above who happened to meet RJ and travel with him, was not possessed too at some times , idk the way his eyes were looking and the face distortions made me wondering, but its technically not possible, only the player should be, so its likely the effects of the music.

Prison School, lol, I can think of many reasons why it's recognised :teehee
yeah yeah i know lol such a masterpeice !

did you read it or watched the anime ?


Hmm. Since you pointed out that I didn't start the other one immediately, I'll begin Maiko-san today. There's enough in that blurb to get me going. I'll let you know what I think in time.

While you're here, and seemingly enthusiastic for things that aren't as popular as they could be, you should try Mikako-san some day. It says 212 chaps but it's really easy to get through, only 7 volumes. It's a high school romance/SoL and probably better than I give it credit for tbh.
oh thats awesome ! thxs a lot for giving it a try :blush im really enjoying it, its no sophisticated plot or wtv, just something cute, cozy, heartwarming to read. only complaint is it keeps making me hungry lol


btw currently reading mikako san, and enjoying it a lot too, so sweet with a funny touch :zomg

Not a problem, we will ensure your invitation is renewed when the quarantine has lifted.

Your offer to join BB&S fills us with great joy and enthusiasm. If the company survives the crisis you will be called for an interview. We're doing our best to come up with new ways to provide luxury to all - as everyone deserves it - but you can understand there are limitations to in-situ therapies!
Dear Mr Dish B.

Thanks for offering me the opportunity of an interview. I just wanted to add that all my former employers have recognized me as a flexible and fast learner, a strong communicator, and astrategic problem solver. I recently got my cosmetologist certification* which was necessary to take this new step in my career.​
As a professional with an extensive communication background coupled with my recent education, I am positioned strongly to transcend into this new role. Each of my previous positions have held many facets to shape me for this opportunity, including customer satisfaction, and project management.​

You will find attached my resume and a recommendation letter from Mr Dred V. my current employer in Mh entertainment at MG branch, where I'm currently working as a senior communication assitant, and I look forward to speaking with you further regarding your available position. ​

Sincerely,

Erin Yes (Ms)
[email protected]


*that part is 100% true lol, had some time so have taken some course like 2 years ago (only theory though never get enough money to pay for practice, and not interested either)

So tl/tr If you trust me i can turn your spa waters into wine, if needed. As long as you provide me high salary ! :arf :handgun
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Dear Mr Dish B.

Thanks for offering me the opportunity of an interview. I just wanted to add that all my former employers have recognized me as a flexible and fast learner, a strong communicator, and astrategic problem solver. I recently got my cosmetologist certification* which was necessary to take this new step in my career.​
As a professional with an extensive communication background coupled with my recent education, I am positioned strongly to transcend into this new role. Each of my previous positions have held many facets to shape me for this opportunity, including customer satisfaction, and project management.​
You will find attached my resume and a recommendation letter from Mr Dred V. my current employer in Mh entertainment at MG branch, where I'm currently working as a senior communication assitant, and I look forward to speaking with you further regarding your available position. ​
Sincerely,


Erin Yes (Ms)
[email protected]


*that part is 100% true lol, had some time so have taken some course like 2 years ago (only theory though never get enough money to pay for practice, and not interested either)

So tl/tr If you trust me i can turn your spa waters into wine, if needed. As long as you provide me high salary ! :arf :handgun
We are most glad you have put forth such a comprehensive cover letter.

You have all the qualifications we look for, and more!

Thus, you have been placed at the top of the pile, and a number one priority applicant when the time comes. Which could be soon, as restrictions lessen. BB&S are also industry leaders in terms of WH&S, which may allow us to open our doors to patrons earlier than expected.

Thanks again for your interest and enthusiasm, please look forward to hearing from us.

PS. while the water into wine offer is tempting, especially for the Christmas party, we would kindly decline such magic on our premises, as our purifying waters are what makes BB&S special!
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,968
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
didnt know where to post so just leaving this here~


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Laxus set :hip
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,160
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall


some little eye candies for you, enjoy ! :zomg









this is from Mashima :


My fave :wtf






We are most glad you have put forth such a comprehensive cover letter.

You have all the qualifications we look for, and more!

Thus, you have been placed at the top of the pile, and a number one priority applicant when the time comes. Which could be soon, as restrictions lessen. BB&S are also industry leaders in terms of WH&S, which may allow us to open our doors to patrons earlier than expected.

Thanks again for your interest and enthusiasm, please look forward to hearing from us.

PS. while the water into wine offer is tempting, especially for the Christmas party, we would kindly decline such magic on our premises, as our purifying waters are what makes BB&S special!
Still waiting for the job itw ! :arf



noooo !! you re wrong wine baths are the best, wine is full of Resveratrol, its a chemical that has a lot of benefits for skin, a lot of brands are using it for their skin care range. just imagine your clients soaking directly into wine, imagine the benefits for their health and for your business ! :arf plus you could make the most of this wine, by exploiting it and selling it too, no sense of business ! :nah

 
Last edited:

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
What happened to the gambling den of iniquity? I had just saved up enough to enter :errr
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I mean, I can appreciate Mashima's art as much as anyone. Great details :hee

I did read FT to the end but that last arc was a passive read for me.
 
Top