The toybox

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,777
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
It's flexing! I know!
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,955
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Farming? So you chose to follow the path DiMaria took :blush
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,115
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Correct!

Example:
That t-shirt, :lmao i wouldnt dare to wear it, might be troublesome :teehee

Do you often fish ? I never got the opportunity to, I'm a city girl :arf , but heard about the psychological benefits and always wanted to try it coz i love freshly fished grilled fish, sadly fresh fish is not something we find a lot where I am.

 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Do you often fish ? I never got the opportunity to, I'm a city girl :arf , but heard about the psychological benefits and always wanted to try it coz i love freshly fished grilled fish, sadly fresh fish is not something we find a lot where I am
Often enough, maybe once a month. I don't own a boat though, other people can take on that responsibility. I do like fresh fish also.
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,777
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
What kind of fish do you guys like?
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,115
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Often enough, maybe once a month. I don't own a boat though, other people can take on that responsibility. I do like fresh fish also.
like coral/coronation trout, red emperor, parrot fish.
You're lucky to live in a place where you can fish from time to time and also eat some fish varieties we can't find in the great part of the world.
I've seen in a food tv program that in some place in Africa, there are some restaurants that cook the fish you freshly fished, I don't know if there are similar concept restaurants at your place, but that sounds awesome ! :awe


What kind of fish do you guys like?
I pretty much like all fishes, preferably fresh, I do find processed or ground fish tasteless, not a fan of that. Here, fish is very expensive. it depends of course, but like cod can reach like 35 euros/kg sometimes (3kg of it and you could buy some niche fragrance bottle instead :arf ).

I saw that in Iceland they eat that Hakkarl ( fermented shark lol) I might try someday to taste that kind of crazy stuff lol if I can manage the smell :teehee ( i cant even handle some cheeses here, their smell is so strong that it gives me nausea, even tho people say that they taste yummy)
And i know Portugal has some awesome fish recipes, I will come someday, I'm counting on you to make me taste the best ! :zomg
 
Last edited:

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,777
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
I prefer reef fish, like coral/coronation trout, red emperor, parrot fish.. I don't turn away much though, only when it's river or lake fish.
You eat Nemo??


You're lucky to live in a place where you can fish from time to time and also eat some fish varieties we can't find in the great part of the world.
I've seen in a food tv program that in some place in Africa, there are some restaurants that cook the fish you freshly fished, I don't know if there are similar concept restaurants at your place, but that sounds awesome ! :awe




I pretty much like all fishes, preferably fresh, I do find processed or ground fish tasteless, not a fan of that. Here, fish is very expensive. it depends of course, but like cod can reach like 35 euros/kg sometimes (3kg of it and you could buy some niche fragrance bottle instead :arf ).

I saw that in Iceland they eat that Hakkarl ( fermented shark lol) I might try someday to taste that kind of crazy stuff lol if I can manage the smell :teehee ( i cant even handle some cheeses here, their smell is so strong that it gives me nausea, even tho people say that they taste yummy)
And i know Portugal has some awesome fish recipes, I will come someday, I'm counting on you to make me taste the best ! :zomg
Cod is between 8 and 15€/kg here, usually. But it's a traditional fish here, we eat it in Christmas and have many recipes with it.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I've seen in a food tv program that in some place in Africa, there are some restaurants that cook the fish you freshly fished, I don't know if there are similar concept restaurants at your place, but that sounds awesome !
Lol there probably is, but the whole idea of going to a restaurant is for them to do all the work??

You eat Nemo??
No he looks too small. Maybe a bait fish, lol.

What fish do like that aren't Pisces?
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,777
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Lol there probably is, but the whole idea of going to a restaurant is for them to do all the work??



No he looks too small. Maybe a bait fish, lol.

What fish do like that aren't Pisces?
Nemo run :arf or rather, swim!!

Salmon, sardines, mackerel, cod, red fish...
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,115
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Lol there probably is, but the whole idea of going to a restaurant is for them to do all the work??
Oh, true, but I think I didnt explain properly, those restaurants have their menu etc. But, but they propose that option. Let's say, you fish or lay your hands on some awesome fish that is not in the menu, you have the possibility to get what you caught to be cooked by a chief. I honestly would be happy to get a chief to cook my fish :teehee , I wouldn't trust my cooking skills, I wouldnt want to ruin the opportunity to enjoy a delicately cooked fish. :arf .
I think the whole point is about saving money for customers that want to eat something that isn't in the menu, and for the restaurants to manage more efficiently their supplies and to avoid to waste food. I think that kind of formula is popular too, depending on the places.


Cod is between 8 and 15€/kg here, usually. But it's a traditional fish here, we eat it in Christmas and have many recipes with it.
That's so cheap, that difference !:gwah Oh, the most popular/traditional Xmas dish here, is turkey.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Salmon, sardines, mackerel, cod, red fish...
Macky's are great. So are sardines with that tinned convenience :nod

I wouldn't trust my cooking skills, I wouldnt want to ruin the opportunity to enjoy a delicately cooked fish. :arf .
Don't sell yourself short - it takes a frying pan and 5ish minutes.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Aight aight, they more litty than tinned? 🤔
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,777
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Aight aight, they more litty than tinned? 🤔
Yup, it tastes different and even texture is better. The only tinned fish I eat is tuna (fresh tuna is not that great in comparison) but other than that nothing beats fresh fish.
Btw, these sardines are traditional here in Summer. We have street parties with it in June.


Oh, true, but I think I didnt explain properly, those restaurants have their menu etc. But, but they propose that option. Let's say, you fish or lay your hands on some awesome fish that is not in the menu, you have the possibility to get what you caught to be cooked by a chief. I honestly would be happy to get a chief to cook my fish :teehee , I wouldn't trust my cooking skills, I wouldnt want to ruin the opportunity to enjoy a delicately cooked fish. :arf .
I think the whole point is about saving money for customers that want to eat something that isn't in the menu, and for the restaurants to manage more efficiently their supplies and to avoid to waste food. I think that kind of formula is popular too, depending on the places.




That's so cheap, that difference !:gwah Oh, the most popular/traditional Xmas dish here, is turkey.
We eat turkey too but it's either both dishes or cod on the 24th and turkey on the 25th. But it has to be cod, it's a whole war for cod in December, there are lines till China in the supermarket. :lmao
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Yup, it tastes different and even texture is better. The only tinned fish I eat is tuna (fresh tuna is not that great in comparison) but other than that nothing beats fresh fish.
Btw, these sardines are traditional here in Summer. We have street parties with it in June.
I'll try your style. Won't get the street party though : ( I'll google sardines in Portugal.

I'm not really into tuna either, but I'll def eat it sashimi if we're going after yellowfin, they're fun to catch too.
 
Top