Games The Zelda Thread!

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
I wouldn't mind an other version of BotW, as it's an epic game through and through, it's not gonna happen for sure though. What makes most sence to me is that the story will go something like that - first quarter of the game Link enbarks on a quest to help Zelda unvail the Ganon mystery in Hyrule underground/undercity. In the process they wake him up and "plottwist" he captures her. The rest of the game is retrieving the princess, to stay true to the Zelda franchise.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
^ Exactly how it will most likely go and I'll most likely still enjoy the heck out of it, but I'm still wishful they flip it and you actually play as Zelda and save Link.

Damn I really want that.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
I'm doing a second run (right after the first xD) with DLC now. Freed the beasts and princess called me for a challenge into the awakening bunker to take the new weapon for a ride. Shall I do it or first cleared the other shrines (got 89/120)? Also didn't do the Master Sword trial yet?
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I'd do it first, because if you do it last, you really don't get to use the award bike, since there isn't much left to do.

Though the DLC final boss fight is a pretty good one, so on the other hand it would be nice to finish the game on that. The shrines can be a little underwhelming.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
So.... What do you guys think about zelda in the last game? Specifically, about her powers. The series isn't exactly clear on what zelda's powers are but the way they were shown in BOTW is decidedly different from past games. She straight up pulled out the triforce... That's... not normal right? I have a crackpot theory about this. The triforce generally is very tricky to use. It pretty much splits apart if the person using it does not have the right qualities. So my crackpot theory is that zelda's flashback journey did not actually awaken her powers but rather unknowingly gave her the triforce. And the trick there is... the journey involved visiting the springs of courage, power and wisdom. So she visited the springs, prayed, and unknowingly got the triforce... which also has the implication that zelda meets the requirements to use it (balance of courage, wisdom and power). Which makes sense with the way zelda was characterized through flashbacks.

Also worth noting, link commutes with hylia during the game or whatever. Even though zelda is supposed to be the incarnation of hylia.

Of course, it is possible that the most reasonable explanation is that this is a game and there really isn't an answer. But my answer to that is that I am a nerd on the internet and I will have none of that nonsense.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I actually barely touched Twilight Princess and never played Skyward Sword. For me I would put Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask at 1 and 2 and probably ALTTP 3rd. Then I'm leaning more towards putting Wind Waker ahead of BoTW. BoTW is a good game but I think it has the same sort of issues that most open world games have.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Finished Link's Awakening now. I think it's a cute game but not sharing the hype. Graphically have to say it really startet bothering me how they chose not to have transitioning sprites for when you change the direction. Felt like a bold oversight.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
For me its a bit hard to come up with a list of my favorite zelda games because I enjoy them so much.... I suppose it'd go something like this for me:

1.- Ocarina of time-Twilight princess

Ocarina of time being the first always affects opinion lol. And put simply, its a fantastic and largely timeless game. Twilight princess.. To an extent this is about as perfect as a zelda game can be. It has a decent story, above average zelda wise at least, and it had fun dungeons and bosses. Add to that lots of items, sidequests and IMO better horse mechanics than most zelda games.

2.- Majora's mask. The darkest zelda ever (so far) and the mechanics around masks were quite fun. Add to that the sheer brilliance of the 3 day system and your ability to advance being mostly based on the items you have.

3.- Breath of the wild-Wind waker. Breath of the wild is ridiculous but however amazing the open world is the game does have quite a few issues IMO. What holds back this game IMO is the lack of dungeons, the lack of enemies and finally the lackluster boss fights. Lets face it, devine beasts weren't neither fun nor challenging. BOTW simply doesn't have much in terms of enemy variety. It simply uses different colors to show enemy power levels. Looking at the wiki... you have around 20 (at the most) types of enemies and subspecies of each with different colors. For a game of this scale to have only 15-20 enemies is a disappointment. And then boss fights... I honestly can't tell the difference between each boss in the game. Mini bosses were more fun tbh but its not like they are specially challenging either.

Wind waker in turn.... Well, setting aside the sailing part the game is just fun. I didn't like the graphics when they came out but looking at them now they feel kinda timeless. I've always appreciated how nintendo has the ability to compensate for the lack of power their consoles have by not focusing on hyper realistic graphics but rather simply making the most beautiful world they can.

4.- Skyward sword. This game was quite fun in general and I genuinely loved the motion control sword but there was something about the world it was set it that just didn't quite click to me. Going to the sky to travel between worlds just made this a bit awkward. And the flying bit was ok but at times it felt like the game could have done more with it. I liked that the game included a hero mode and an option to repeat boss fights.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Wind waker in turn.... Well, setting aside the sailing part the game is just fun. I didn't like the graphics when they came out but looking at them now they feel kinda timeless. I've always appreciated how nintendo has the ability to compensate for the lack of power their consoles have by not focusing on hyper realistic graphics but rather simply making the most beautiful world they can.
I loved the sailing part. In fact, I might even say that Wind Waker was a better open world experience than BOTW was. Sailing into each part of the map and discovering islands added a lot to that game IMO. Despite the reaction to it prior, the art style really worked for that game too, it's gorgeous.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I loved the sailing part. In fact, I might even say that Wind Waker was a better open world experience than BOTW was. Sailing into each part of the map and discovering islands added a lot to that game IMO. Despite the reaction to it prior, the art style really worked for that game too, it's gorgeous.
ok, a bit more context here: To me there are two parts regarding the sailing bit. one is sailing for the main quest. While doing the main quest you had this rather long voyages which got tedious because you were literally not doing anything else. My memory might be a tad iffy on how long these actually were. but I recall that, for instance, sailing for triforce shards got tedious. On the other hand there was the... voluntary sailing. Just going around completing the map and fighting monsters. That part was about as much as you can expect from an open world. The part where it might be better than BOTW is that... the sailing allowed you to be more focused on something. You sailed, found an island, did the thing and moved on. In BOTW, while you can spend hours just adventuring and foraging, there is an element of luck to finding stuff. This is to an extent compensated by there being so much damn stuff around that it's practically impossible to not find something small to do at least but its still not quite the same as having a specific thing to do at a specific place and then moving on.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Got my hands on link's awakening. It's a good game but so far it's my least favorite zelda. It's not a bad game though. Gonna comment more when I finish it.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,682
Reaction score
61,392
Gender
Male
Country
France
Because of this picture a lot of people think that Skyward Sword will be on Switch.

I read that these kind of things happen often but how often exactly?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I read that these kind of things happen often but how often exactly?
Vendors have been known to spoil these things quite frequently. If it's not Amazon then it's something like Target or EB Games listing products before they're announced.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,682
Reaction score
61,392
Gender
Male
Country
France
Vendors have been known to spoil these things quite frequently. If it's not Amazon then it's something like Target or EB Games listing products before they're announced.
I know that but I was talking about these leaks being true. On the site where I read the news they said these leaks are often fake news.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I know that but I was talking about these leaks being true. On the site where I read the news they said these leaks are often fake news.
Good point. Well, in the case of Target, I remember them leaking Shadow of War, and that was legit. But they also supposedly leaked a Game of Thrones game by Bethesda that we still never really learned much about aside from rumors. So it could be hit or miss. These vendors also tend to leak release dates of games we already know exist as well.

Skyward Sword on the Switch would make sense, but not sure about that pricepoint unless it was revamped in some way.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Hmm. Plausible this "leak" goes either way. But why Skyward Sword? Only Zelda release I have no interest in really. I'd like the Winemaker and Twilight Princess HD version from Wii U please.

That said, I will get Skyward Sword if it is true. Zelda is Zelda.

I mean, I'm probably buying Windbound as well soon, even if it is quite shamelessly BotW clone. Just need my fix while waiting BotW 2.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah I have Windbound wishlisted too. I feel that same way towards Genshin Impact as well, but at the rate that it's going, BoTW 2 might be out before it... :lmao
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
I haven't played it, I would get it, although I was left little disappointed by full priced game on switch Links Awakening
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Windbound? Is there another zelda game coming before BOTW2? *rushes to google stuff*
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Windbound? Is there another zelda game coming before BOTW2? *rushes to google stuff*
Yeah, the full-name is The Legend of Moana: Breath of the Windwaker.

It's an indie game, that is quite shamelessly a BotW clone, but with extra sailing action (Windwaker) and polynesian flavor (Moana). I also get some Avatar: The Last Airbender flavor from the character and creature designs.

Despite all that, it seems a pretty interesting game.
 
Top