Games The Zelda Thread!

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Epona confrmed to be in the game though Link can ride other horses albeit he has to tame them first.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,911
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Epona confrmed to be in the game though Link can ride other horses albeit he has to tame them first.
Ah that's pretty cool.

Loved flying with the bird in skyward sword, but actually taming the animals sounds nice! Can't waaaiittt
 

Styx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2016
Messages
880
Reaction score
593
Country
Russian Federation
Epona confrmed to be in the game though Link can ride other horses albeit he has to tame them first.
There's only room in my heart for one horse in fictional worlds, and that is Epona. <33 However, it will be nice to see a more "cluttered" open world though. I hope there are smaller animals too, like birds, squirrels etc etc.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Oh god, voice acting in a zelda game? I guess some would say it's about time but I would argue this is terrible. I am not a fan of voice acting in video games in general. Granted that there are a few games out there with decent voice acting but overall I am not a fan of the whole thing, it is more a distraction than anything. Does this mean link gets a voice? Hope not.
 

Styx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2016
Messages
880
Reaction score
593
Country
Russian Federation
At most, it will just be Zelda or probably a goddess guiding you. I doubt Link will be given a voice any time soon.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States

Breath of the Wild will have an expansion pass, which costs $19.99. It will give gamers two DLCs, which are:

Gematsu said:
  • Content Pack #1 (Summer 2017) – Adds a “Cave of Trials” challenge, a new hard mode, and a new feature for the in-game map.
  • Content Pack #2 (Holiday 2017) – Adds new challenges that will let players enjoy a new dungeon and new original story.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Maybe I'm behind on the times, but since when did Nintendo "do DLC"? :oh
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
They are charging you for a cave of trials? That is a surprisingly dick move from nintendo.... I mean they were free in WW and TP.... Or is this a second cave of trials that is available in game?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
BTW, are there going to be gerudo warriors in this game? We haven't seen a proper gerudo since.... majora's mask IIRC. It's about time those pirates make a glorious comeback.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Maybe I'm behind on the times, but since when did Nintendo "do DLC"? :oh
We've had DLC in game before like Fire Emblem, but this is a first for a main Zelda game. Seeing you'll also have to pay for online stuff with the switch now like you do with the Playstation Network etc., I suppose Nintendo are changing with the times in that regard.
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
DLC?
Surprising indeed.
However, except for the latter, the former seems to be just there for the challenge.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Here is some tidbit about the storytelling:
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
BotW's storyline and character profiles are revealed
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
A rito? That is an odd development, haven't seen those since WW. Specially wierd considering the rito seemed to be descendants of the zora. I guess the game takes place well after the games after wind waker? You have the machine thing which seems to relate to the relatively advance technology in WW and subsequent games... I guess it is possible it is some other timeline assuming they even care about that.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Just to add some excitement before the switch and Breath of the Wild release, here are some review scores the game has gotten. As someone who'd have his switch by now if he wasn't ill and could've made it to the midnight launch, I can't wait to dig into the game.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Yeah, got my Switch and BotW 8AM today, and been playing as much as I could since. Just out of the Great Plateau, and it has been amazing. Only thing bother me this far, is that just as I ended my previous session, I met my first glitch, as the game froze for a couple of seconds during fighting a big monster. Was very annoying. Hopefully won't happen again.

But I'm immensly enjoying the gameplay and the world. And how the game doesn't really give everything for granted. There are quest pointers to lead you to the right direction, but you are free to move as you want, and you need to figure out how get onwards by yourself. I've also died a lot, even if you could consider the Plateau a tutorial zone of sorts. And its not a bad thing.

This reminds me the most of the original The Legend of Zelda. It's all about the joy of discovery and realization. It's really athmospheric and has the feel of an epic journey.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I got my Switch and Zelda at 8am too, and I have to say from what I've played so far, it is brilliant. I haven't encountered any glitches, and the story telling, gameplay, music- everything is fantastic. If this keeps up it might be one of my favourite Zeldas ever, or possibly one of my favourite games ever if it gets even better which seems very possible at this stage.
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
In the end, I too was able to get my hands on a Switch!
Still didn't have the chance to play it given that I still have to fix some things on the console and yesterday I wasn't feeling very well....but today I might do just that. :D
I'm genuinely excited for this one and I sure hope that the reviews aren't lying. LOL
 
Last edited:

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I didn't tell anyone that I'd preordered, but the Switch is all mine now :nrr
I've left the Great Plateau and I have to say this is one of the most exciting Zelda games I've played in a very long time. The Open World aspect gives a feeling of wonder as you discover new places, secrets and equipment. I like the Switch as well, but the last handheld I owned and played was the 3DS back in what 2012? So I'm getting back into the groove of the smaller UI. I might try playing it on my monitor with the controller later tonight. My verdict is that the reviewers are actually looking for bad things about the game, so that's mainly what they'e finding. It's opinionated bias. I adore this game :
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I haven't ordered my Switch yet, I will in the coming weeks though. Rank your favorite Zelda, I'll hold of on BotW until I get it:

Twlight Princess
Ocarina of Time
Wind Waker
Skyward Sword
Majora's Mask
4 Swords (GBS)
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I haven't ordered my Switch yet, I will in the coming weeks though. Rank your favorite Zelda, I'll hold of on BotW until I get it:

Twlight Princess
Ocarina of Time
Wind Waker
Skyward Sword
Majora's Mask
4 Swords (GBS)
For the ones I've played, this is how it goes for me:
1. Skyward Sword
2. Twilight Princess
3. Ocarina of Time / Majora's Mask
4. Wind Waker
5. A Link Between Worlds
6. Spirit Tracks
7. Phantom Hourglass
8. Link's Awakening

Atm BoTW is shaping up to possibly take the top spot, it's just so exhilarating to play and it feels like I'm experiencing something truly special when I am playing it so we'll have to see what happens next.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I'm rather confused by the negativity around this game by players. I'd say about 80% of players seem to rate BotW 9 or 10, and then there are handful more reserved reviews, but then there is the super hateful 15% of people, who give it a 0 and complain about "how there is no story, how it is no fun, how it looks ugly and above all, UNBEARABLE FRAME DROP SWITCH IS HORRIBLE I WANT SUPERCOMPUTER LEVEL PROCSESSING POWER FROM A POCKET DEVICE AND NINTENDO IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL IN THE WORLD".

And all this after claiming they have play hours of over 10. I mean what? You spent that much time with a game that is 'unbearable'? Frankly, doesn't seem like some of those people have even played the actual game or bought the console. I still can't see major FPS drops, there has been some during bigger sized mons or when there are multiple enemies around, but those people claiming that the FPS is below 20 have clearly no idea what they talking about. Most video they watch in their lives is 24/25FPS and I don't seem them raging how horrible that is.

Where does this Nintendo hate really stem from? These people seem to hate just for the sake of hating. Or am I just old, and too used to lower frame rates, that I have no issues playing games with FPs less than 60?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also, my fav list of the ones I've played (Which I know is pretty weird compared to most)

1. Minish Cap
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Majoras Mask
4.Link Between Worlds
5 Link to Past
6. Spirit Tracks
7. Wind Waker
8. Phantom Hourglass
9. The Legend of Zelda

I still preserve placing BotW, but it will most likely place in top 3.
 
Top