It's great! Other than things just flat out being easier to see (the graphics being better, etc), there are some differences. I think the game layout and time mechanic is a little bit easier to deal with. Also, the boss battles are different, so don't completely rely on your memory for that!
This new game seems like one huge parody, doesn't it? XD I think I'm really going to love it. The humor in Zelda games has always been fun to me.
And did you say THE SYMPHONY OF THE GODDESSES?
I'm going to go see it live this weekend!
---------- Post added October 25, 2015 at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was October 20, 2015 at 08:18 AM ----------
I went to The Symphony of the Goddesses last night, and it was fantastic. Worth every penny. I got misty eyed during the Twilight Princess Suite, Wind Waker, and Skyward Sword Movements. ;-; The music is so powerful and the symphony sounded absolutely perfect. Not to mention the conductor was gorgeous and reminded me of Hyrule Warriors Zelda when she uses the Wind Waker as a weapon. So amazing!!!
My sisters and I dressed up. I met THE REAL ZELDA FROM TWILIGHT PRINCESS and a bunch of people wanted to take pictures with me. It was bizarre. XD
I also wore my Zelda costume to the Rocky Horror Picture Show Halloween Bash and won 2nd place in the costume contest. Some guy dressed up as beer beat me. Rude!!
---------- Post added October 26, 2015 at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was October 25, 2015 at 08:50 AM ----------
I only got one picture, and I apologize, because you can't see the fucking intricate and death-worthy details of Princess Zelda. I am not a shy person. I am crass and ridiculous. I literally could not talk to her. It was embarrassing as fuck.
---------- Post added November 03, 2015 at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was October 26, 2015 at 12:03 AM ----------
Has anyone played or purchased Triforce Heroes yet? I have vowed to complete Majora's Mask before buying anymore games.
I bought the 3DS limited edition but I haven't played it yet. I'll let you know, but I've read a review that said its better if you play it with someone else.
---------- Post added November 12, 2015 at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was November 03, 2015 at 01:03 PM ----------
My sister shat herself when I told her about Twilight Princess HD. It's her favorite game of all-time. This is Nintendo's apology for the post-poned Zelda U, I'm assuming. Although I'm excited about it, I don't think the graphics really look THAT much better. Maybe they'll fix it up a bit better-looking than the trailer by the time its release rolls around. Regardless, I'll be buying it.
Still no title, a grand total of like 4 minutes of game-play. They sure as hell like to stay mysterious this time around for Zelda, huh?
On a happier note, I got my sister's boyfriend Triforce Heroes and my sister a 2DS for Christmas, so we'll be doing the three-player mode! So excited!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Apparently if you pre-order Twilight Princess HD with the Wolf Link & Midna amiibo, then you get some sort of soundtrack? SIGN ME THE FUCK UP.
Also, I played Triforce Heroes and holy shiitttttt, it is SO fun! The best decision, by far, is that the person you pick up can't do anything about it. And if you guys ever play with two other people, make sure you pick someone up, go just the right distance between the third player, and throw that person between the two of you. BASK IN THE GLORY of them not being able to get out of the loop of throwing them back and forth.
Kudos to Nintendo for another fun as fuck game.
Also, I looked so fucking cute as Link in Zelda's dress. We spent the entire first hour of the game acquiring the materials so that all three of us could look fabulous in that dress. Also, it was useful for the extra hearts considering the amount of dicking around we were doing.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess HD
So at first I was very skeptical of this game and thought it was pretty useless. But being me and a Zelda fangirl, I pre-ordered it of course.
The game differences are very subtle and yet not at all subtle at the same time. Seeing side-by-side comparisons of the HD rework and the original on YouTube was not a good depiction of what the graphic updates have done for this game. It's a lot like the Majora's Mask 3DS remake. I can actually see things. I have no idea if the original game had this much detail, if it was added later, or if you just couldn't see it with the lower quality graphics. No clue. But it looks so good and I'm glad that I can see it now.
There is still that distinct sharp-shape style to the characters, yes, but the amount of texture that has been added is gorgeous. And this is a big one for me: COLOR. I have always sort of disliked Twilight Princess's dull color scheme. Well, they updated that for sure. The game is more saturated and aethetically pleasing, without sacrificing the gritty atmosphere.
Another things about Twilight Princess that bothered me in the original: the high intensity light washes everything out. I love the juxtaposition and contrast of the light and darkness this game harbors, but in the old graphics, the intense light of the light spirits just killed all details. NOT in the remake. The brightness and contrast has been fixed so well. You still get the high intensity and pigment of the brighter portions of the game, but without loss of details and definition.
Overall, I am very glad I bought this game. Twilight Princess is far from my favorite Zelda title, but this is the way it was meant to be experienced.
The Amiibo:Looks great. As always, I think the amiibo is going to be lame, but it looks awesome. I'm happy I have it.
The soundtrack: Very much a disappointment for me. You got the game soundtrack for free if you pre-ordered from GameStop. I set my expectations too high for this. I thought that they would orchestrate the TP music with actual instruments and symphonic rework. However, it is the sounds that are in-game... synthetic instruments. Of course, the sound quality is improved, as it is in the game, but I was REALLY hoping for a reorchestrated version! >.<
So Twilight Princess HD came out yesterday in Australia, and for what I've played so far its been great!
I'd preordered the bundle and I have to say it was good value for my money, too with the Wolf Link Amiibo and the 20-track Soundtrack that came with the game. I'm currently close to starting the third dungeon, but its been one hell of a ride already. I have to say I'm still not a fan of the tears of light searches, but they haven't taken anything away from the game so thats good. I think I'll find myself searching for more heartpieces soon enough, as it takes 5 to fill a heart container and I completely forgot it was that many aha. But yeah, I'm really looking forward to whats to come as its been years since I played the original Twilight Princess.
Interesting... It would be interesting to see what their take on link is. Link is generally an intentionally plain character, as a long time fan it would be legitimately weird to see him with a genuine personality lol. I wonder if they are basing on a video game.... It would be epic if they do ocarina of time but perhaps majora's mask would make more sense if they want a darker tone and more character development. On the other hand perhaps they will just create a new story.
Sounds like a horrible idea honestly. I cringe at the idea of comparing any potential Zelda adaptation being mentioned in the same sentence as Game of Thrones. Even more saying it would be GoT-like but appropriate for the whole family. I adore both series, but cmon... Maybe that's the fault of the article, but what a joke...
Either way, it's just a report and they don't even have a writer. Sounds like another one of those things that is destined for development hell.
Yeah, saying it's a family-friendly version of GoT was terrible. I don't know why the writer decided to use that comparison (maybe it's because it's the most popular fantasy TV series right now). Another fantasy series would have been better.
Yeah, saying it's a family-friendly version of GoT was terrible. I don't know why the writer decided to use that comparison (maybe it's because it's the most popular fantasy TV series right now). Another fantasy series would have been better.
Yeah, the game of thrones thing is definitely weird. Zelda as a whole is hardly about the story, it is about the dungeons and the puzzles... silly sidequest, bosses... Plot is mostly just some context for what you are doing but nothing else. While I don't watch GOT at least from what I can tell the plot seems to revolve around incest, sex scenes which make you wish no one walks in at that precise time (which of course happens) and people murdering the crap out of each other. It's hardly zelda... For the series to actually be zelda they would have to focus on creating cool monster fights and puzzles interesting enough for the viewers to care. Spending an hour looking for a boss key probably won't translate well to TV.
Not to mention, which Zelda game are they going to adapt? The very first one or the newest one? I'm also curious on what kind of personality they'll give Link. He will have to be brave obviously since he has the Triforce of Courage.
Well Nintendo showed off Zelda Wii U today, as well as revealing its true title: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I've got to say from what they showed it looks incredible, and I can't wait to play it when it comes out next year.
Here is the official game trailer:
Whoa, the game looks majestic and I see that they brought lots of new contents into the series.
I like how they highlighted technology but also the nature surrounding us.
It almost looks like we will be able to create some items on our own, considering that we can gather material in the overworld!
Yeah, Hyrule Warriors is nice to play in short bursts. I had a decent time with single player's campaign, but it's a shame it starts lagging a fair bit in multiplayer.
The Wind Waker was the last Zelda game that I loved and Twilight Princess felt like OoT Lite to me, so I don't know if I should get excited about Breath of the Wild. With my expectations this low, there's a chance that Nintendo will end up surprising, but right now, I have more desire to replay Majora's Mask (still have my N64 copy)
Did you try Skyward Sword? It was far more enjoyable than Twilight Princess (though I love that game). It feels a lot more like Wind Waker than Oot, MM, or TP.
Did you try Skyward Sword? It was far more enjoyable than Twilight Princess (though I love that game). It feels a lot more like Wind Waker than Oot, MM, or TP.
Agreed. Skyward Sword is my favourite Zelda. It was my first one as well, so it's got a pretty special place in my heart. I loved everything about it, the unique controls, the story, the music, just so damn good.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.