Games The Zelda Thread!

Styx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2016
Messages
880
Reaction score
593
Country
Russian Federation
Agreed. Skyward Sword is my favourite Zelda. It was my first one as well, so it's got a pretty special place in my heart. I loved everything about it, the unique controls, the story, the music, just so damn good.
SS was your first Zelda game? What others have you played so far? What'd you think of 'em, too?
Yes, I played it. Just to clarify, I didn't hate Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword and they had parts I quite enjoyed (like the bosses in TP). It's just that I felt they were a step down from their predecessors that I played.
Oh, I didn't think you hated the others, but yea, I can understand that feeling. It does feel like a core element of what makes a good "Zelda" game has been missing from recent entries in the series—like the spirit of MM or the beauty of OoT and WW.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
SS was your first Zelda game? What others have you played so far? What'd you think of 'em, too?
I've played:
- Skyward Sword
- Twilight Princess
- Ocarina of Time
- Majora's Mask
- A Link Between Worlds
- The Wind Waker
- Phantom Hourglass
- Spirit Tracks
- A Link To The Past
and the original Zelda.

I've got to say I've really enjoyed most of them. Each have had their own quirks which really pulled me in and had me having a great time.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I thought Twilight Princess was amazing in every facet... Midna was so superior to me than anything Navi ever did in the previous games. What didn't you like about it @Hayatempest?
 

Haya-san

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 15, 2014
Messages
2,560
Reaction score
2,690
Gender
Female
Country
Galactic Empire
I thought Twilight Princess was amazing in every facet... Midna was so superior to me than anything Navi ever did in the previous games. What didn't you like about it @Hayatempest?
Maybe it's because I played OoT first, but I thought there were some similarities between them and that TP lacked a bit in originality. For example, MM had the masks and manipulating time and WW had you journeying by a boat. TP had Link transferring into a wolf, but it wasn't in the same level of uniqueness as those.

Still, like I said, I enjoyed TP and the boss battles were epic and memorable. Also, back then, we could play as adult Link for the first time in years, which added to the fun factor. I agree that Midna was superior to Navi.

A bit off-topic, but if you like Zelda, I highly recommend Pandora's Tower if you could find it. You have no idea how happy I was when it was finally localized. It was my favorite of the Operation Rainfall games.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Maybe it's because I played OoT first, but I thought there were some similarities between them and that TP lacked a bit in originality. For example, MM had the masks and manipulating time and WW had you journeying by a boat. TP had Link transferring into a wolf, but it wasn't in the same level of uniqueness as those.

Still, like I said, I enjoyed TP and the boss battles were epic and memorable. Also, back then, we could play as adult Link for the first time in years, which added to the fun factor. I agree that Midna was superior to Navi.

A bit off-topic, but if you like Zelda, I highly recommend Pandora's Tower if you could find it. You have no idea how happy I was when it was finally localized. It was my favorite of the Operation Rainfall games.
Oh bet bet, I got what you're saying now. The uniqueness could of been a bit lower but I liked the drama compared to the previous installments. I mean with this Link his father or master (?) can't exactly remember, got wounded when the dark creatures raided his town, which led him to travel to the twilight realm out of anger, which I thought was pretty savage but dope at the time. I believe after being able to transform between Human Link and Wolf Link things got much more thrilling though so it was all good for me.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll look into it.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Looks like there will be a Zelda-themed Escape Room tour coming to the US.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States

This, Skyrim, Bowser & Peach are some of the introductory titles for the Switch... hype
 

Styx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2016
Messages
880
Reaction score
593
Country
Russian Federation
So Breath of the Wild is only for the Switch, not the Wii U? :-_-
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
So Breath of the Wild is only for the Switch, not the Wii U? :-_-
Breath of the Wild is available for both the Nintendo Switch and the Wii U. I think they focused on the switch version though because of the switch presentation.
 

Styx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2016
Messages
880
Reaction score
593
Country
Russian Federation
Breath of the Wild is available for both the Nintendo Switch and the Wii U. I think they focused on the switch version though because of the switch presentation.
Wonderful news! Thank you for the info, saved me from getting a console I didn't need. :)
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
The Switch version will have a Master Edition. It will include:

  • A Master Sword Statue
  • Nintendo Switch Sheikah Slate Carrying Case
  • 24-Song Soundtrack CD
  • Sheikah Eye Collectible Coin
  • Relic of Hyrule: Calamity Ganon Tapestry and World Map
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh, here are some comparison videos of the Switch and Wii U versions:


 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Anyway this is the first Zelda game in which there's a voice-acting worthy of this name!
Love Zelda's voice, but I can't seem to pinpoint her Seiyuu...
Could someone enlighten me please? :blush
 

Styx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2016
Messages
880
Reaction score
593
Country
Russian Federation
Voice acting?! Awesome!

What a shame the Wii U version has such horrendous lighting. Yellow Link and pale environments are just unattractive. :nah
Damn, now I'm really tempted to buy a Switch with the money I don't have. :kappa
ahaha that makes two of us then. xD
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Voice acting?! Awesome!

What a shame the Wii U version has such horrendous lighting. Yellow Link and pale environments are just unattractive. :nah


ahaha that makes two of us then. xD
Yeah, you could tell that the Switch version is the definitive one. :nod
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,911
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
What a shame the Wii U version has such horrendous lighting. Yellow Link and pale environments are just unattractive. :nah
Makes you wonder why ;) They obviously want to make sure people buy the Switch. Sneaky little... :errr

That aside, I'd totally buy the switch for this game (If I had any money hahahaha... :emocat)
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Some clever fans had figured out Breath of the Wild's storyline.
 

Styx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2016
Messages
880
Reaction score
593
Country
Russian Federation
Some clever fans had figured out Breath of the Wild's storyline.
Sounds like it takes place some time after Skyward Sword but at the same time it doesn't. Sounds interesting either way. I hope this title makes me feel the same love as I do for Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. :awe
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
^Speaking of the timeline, Aonuma provided a tidbit about it: :amuse

And where does this Zelda fit on the series' timeline, in its chronology, split as that is into three separate yet connected branches?

I wouldn't say that it obviously fits into any one part of the timeline, but if you play the game, you'll be able to work out where it fits. As you probably saw in the trailer, the most recent trailer, there's a woman's voice, and she says: "The history of the royal family of Hyrule is also the history of the Calamity Ganon." And as you know, the Zelda series, up until now, is a history of repeated attacks by Ganon. So, there's food for thought there. I don't want to say anything more as I'd like players to work it out for themselves, to play the game and see what they think.
 
Top