Multi Season Toaru Majutsu no Index

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Country
United States
A solid episode or as solid as an episode could be with this Accelerator stuff.

I feel like this should have been spun off into a different show. It's so disconnected from the Touma stuff that I really struggle to understand why any of this is part of index's story.

Read Index or Railgun manga.You will understand the groups.

I will suggest read Battle Royale Arc of the Index manga from chapter 133.
If you have to read the manga to understand the anime then the anime has completely failed.:blink

Not really to be honest.

ITEM - Basically dissolved. The remnants are Hamazura, Ultra-girl and the one we all want to see in a bunny suit.
GROUP - Lolicons and one Shotacon
MEMBER - Irrelevant. Dissolved.
SCHOOL - "Dissolved" after Accelerator dealt with Kakine.
DRAGON - Not an organization.
BLOCK - Dissolved. The remnants were responsible for creating that new group ultra-girl talked about.

Spark Signal - Basically another special ops group like Hound Dog from Season 2.
That's still kind of a lot..

That said, I do think they are doing a slightly better job this time around of at least keeping things comprehensible. The pacing is still like watching a movie on fast forward but I at least can understand what's going on and with some idea as to why this time.:^_^

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Country
India
Good Episode

I really enjoyed this.

Next episode Aiwass coming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sky

Master of Masters
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Country
Germany
If you have to read the manga to understand the anime then the anime has completely failed.:blink

That's still kind of a lot..
You don't as the Manga is yet another adaption of the source material. Yes the Battle Royal arc was a mess, but it does make sense that a huge "organisation" like Academy City has a lot of stuff going on. The problem is that Index rarely deals with the science site, so when it does, it looks messy.

Arjuna

Country
India
:3c:3c:3c

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
You don't as the Manga is yet another adaption of the source material. Yes the Battle Royal arc was a mess, but it does make sense that a huge "organisation" like Academy City has a lot of stuff going on. The problem is that Index rarely deals with the science site, so when it does, it looks messy.
It's kind of difficult problem for an adaptation.

I mean, on the one hand I want to say they should have split it off into it's own anime but if they did that I feel like there wouldn't be enough there. But on the other I want to say that they just should have taken more time and done this better but that would mean we would be stuck in the Accelorator stuff for like a full cour and I don't want either.

So, I wonder if there even was a good solution to handling all this.

Sky

Master of Masters
Global Moderator
Country
Germany
It's kind of difficult problem for an adaptation.

I mean, on the one hand I want to say they should have split it off into it's own anime but if they did that I feel like there wouldn't be enough there. But on the other I want to say that they just should have taken more time and done this better but that would mean we would be stuck in the Accelorator stuff for like a full cour and I don't want either.

So, I wonder if there even was a good solution to handling all this.
Most of the science stuff happens in Railgun. Though the timeline is a bit messy from time to time. Especially when you compare the arcs right now.
Index deals with the science side when it is plot relevant. As Aleister is kinda the kingpin of it all.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
Does JC Staff dislike science arcs or something? :epicfacepalm

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
:epicfacepalm

Thank god, we're past that arc. I don't want to be negative but that was..

I'm assuming it was mostly the adaptation but from a basic writing standpoint the way this was done was creative malpractice on a pretty impressive scale. It kinda just went.. bad action scene -> exposition dump -> bad action scene -> etc.. There are just a whole lot of problems with this Accelerator stuff. There is stuff in here that could have been good but because of how it's done it just comes across as either stupid or confusing.

Arjuna

Country
India
Mugino's yandere feelings towards Hamazura could have been done well.

Otherwise Aiwass appearance pleased me.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Another Poster

--- Double Post Merged, ---

New OP is so Good

Wowzers

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
Canada
Episode 18:
A lot going on this episode… but I didn't have any trouble following it. Looking forward to this arc. :verily

Arjuna

Country
India
Hopefully J.C. Staff will use every budget to do this war arc.

I really enjoyed this Episode.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
This show...

Part of me wishes I could go back in time to have a conversation with myself all the way back when season 2 ended.

Past Me: "Man, I can't wait for the next season. This is going to be great!"

Future Me: "It's going to be a number of things young man but great, sadly, isn't one of them"

Past Me: "Really? It's got Misaka and Touma how bad could it be? Surely imagine breaker is just about to show it's real potential and with the quality of Railgun you know the animation is going to go up a bunch of notches. What could possibly go wrong. "

Future Me: "Everything... Misaka will barely be in it. Touma will only be in about 30% of the show. Imagine breaker isn't going to advance at all. The animation is going to look like it was done by interns using MS paint over a drunken weekend. Oh yeah, and the story will regress into an dumpsterfire of hamfisted exposition, bad pacing, head scratching action scenes, and genuine grade A bad writing."

Past me: ".....I don't think I want Index Season 3 now.:s"

Future Me: "Then my job here is done. Also Donald Trump is going to become president. Look forward to that."

Past Me: :emocat

Arjuna

Country
India
Gonna post what Razorhead posted in Reditt

?
What Is With The Already Downed Magicians? Did Accelerator Beat Them Off-Screen?
No, they were defeated by Academy City forces. I agree that the sudden cut makes it appear as if Accelerator beat them off-screen, but he didn't.
Why Did Accelerator Block The Magic With His Hand When His Reflection Covers His Entire Body?
Because in the novel he was carrying Last Order, and he feared having his Reflection active would hurt her in her fragile state, so he focussed it on solely his right hand. Perhaps putting her down like in the anime is more logical, but bear in mind that wants to keep her safe at all costs, so he would try to keep her close to him.
He held a girl known as Last Order.​
She was unconscious and lying limply in his arm.​
Because he was holding her in one arm, he might damage Last Order if he used his reflection over his entire body. He had to focus on how he used his power.​
[...]​
He focused his vector transformation power in his right hand for the purpose of attacking.​
Later on he even lampshades that using a right hand doesn't suit him.
“Yeah, the right hand just doesn’t suit me.”​
Accelerator's Fight Shortened
Yep, in the novel Accelerator attacks first by blowing one of the magicians away.
With a tremendous noise, he altered the vectors for his leg strength to shoot forward like a thrown spear. He headed for the man closest to him.​
He stuck his right hand forward.​
He just barely brushed the man, but the man flew over ten meters before landing.​
It's only after this that the magicians attack. Weirdly enough the magician who cast the water spear was a woman in the novel, while here it was a man.
The group faltered at the sight of the sudden damage to their companion, but they started moving shortly thereafter. The woman standing diagonally back in Accelerator’s blind spot—probably the Vodyanoy the man had mentioned—made an odd motion with her fingers.​
Immediately afterwards, the snow around her melted and turned into a spear of water that flew towards Accelerator.​
Her codename, Vodyanoy, is named after a water spirit in Russian mythology.
Accelerator Can Reflect Teleportation
This debate has gone on for a while, that technically Accelerator should be able to reflect Teleportation since in this universe Teleportation uses 11-dimensional vectors, and here Accelerator confirms this theory. Apparently weird shit happens when he does though.
When he reflected teleportation powers, a strange phenomenon occurred in the three dimensional world, but this had felt entirely different.​
How Did Worst Using Electricity Cause Her To Land Safely?
She was detonating the air, probably using electrolysis to decompose the snow or humidity in the air into hydrogen and oxygen, and then using the resulting hydrogen as fuel for the explosion. Several small explosions below her slowed her down enough to land safely.
He saw some purple electricity sparking.​
The figure’s speed lowered in stages as it fell and finally landed softly on the ground.​
(…The person detonated the air?)​
Also her electricity was purple in the novel. I don't know why they changed this.
Third Season
You may wonder why is project is named as such. Well, one possible explanation could be that it's the third project to involve Mikoto clones–even if Project Radio Noise and the Level 6 Shift project were mere decoys for Aleisters true purpose: to spread the Sisters over the globe, transform Kazakiri into Fuse Kazakiri, and provide a vessal for the manifestation of Aiwass.
Another one involves Railgun spoilers, so I'll spoiler tag it for now: Railgun manga third arc
Anchor Cross
The ammunition fired from the cannons that hit Fiamma were supposed to be giant anchors, not crosses.
That attack of ice was the antithesis of the flames that the name Fiamma referred to and it was not merely a cannonball that was fired. It was a transparent anchor. The two or three meter mass struck Fiamma’s body and knocked him a few kilometers away.​
Same with Vento's chain-cross. That one resembled an anchor at least, to indicate its connection to the Adriatic Fleet.
A thin chain like one that would be used for a necklace stretched down from her tongue.​
On its end hung a cross.​
It was transparent as if it were made of ice.​
The decorative cross looked somehow similar to an anchor.​
I found this a cool image, so I wonder why they changed it.
Why Can Vento Use Water Magic With The Ice? I Thought She Was Limited To Wind!
Because this magic involves ships, and storms at sea (a combination of water and wind) threatening sailors were stopped by several miracles in Christianity. Hence Vento, normally exclusively wind, can affect water somewhat in its form of storms at sea, connecting her to ships.
“There are quite a few stories in the Christian Church of storms in the sea being calmed to protect a ship. For example, there was the one with the Son of God and the one with Saint Nicholas. The element I rule is the wind or the air, but storms on the sea are a mix of the wind and the water. Using those stories, I am able to partially interfere with the water. …Unlike the exclusivity of your fire, I can create complex and great effects like that.”​
The stories she references here are those of Saint Nicholas, who calmed a storm and was named patron saint of sailors for it, and that of Jesus in Matthew 8:23-27.
Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him.​
Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping.​
The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”​
He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.​
The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”​
Index Buffing Fiamma
Yeah, Fiamma would normally not be this powerful without having access to Index' knowledge. He was strong enough to defeat the Pope normally, but this is on a whole other scale. He can search magical Wikipedia for whatever Christian spell or magic would be useful in his current situation and then carry it out.
That device allowed Fiamma to freely pull out any information he wanted from the knowledge of the 103,000 grimoires.​
Compare it to someone trying to build civilisation from scratch. They won't be able to do much on their own, yet with access to wikipedia they will achieve a whole lot more, despite being physically and mentally the same.
Knowledge is power, people.
Fiamma's Destruction Of Vento's Anchor Crosses Was Utterly Destroying The Landscape
Oh yeah, it was supposed to blow up mountains and destroy rivers. Poor landscape, it's like being in Gosu.
The sound of one of the anchors shattering split through the air. The one anchor was destroyed in midair and the other impaled into the ground in a spot it should not have hit. This caused an explosion a few dozen meters across to occur. The scene looked like some kind of joke. Pieces of the scenery like mountains and rivers were blown away.​
"I Can Hit Someone With A Wave, So I Have No Reason To Exert Myself To Hit My Opponent"
This translation is a bit awkward, as what Fiamma means is that he will hit his opponent regardless of whether he aims, or is even in range at all. This is corroborated by last episode, in which one of Elizalina's bodyguards was not in range of his swing yet was blown away all the same.
“If I swing, I hit my enemy, so I don’t need to put any effort into hitting them.”​
The Destruction Of Vento's Tongue-Cross Made The Adriatic Fleet Disappear
Yep, just like Touma's destruction of Vento's cross during the Academy City Invasion arc got rid of her Divine Punishment spell, so did the destruction of her cross here made the ice ship shatter.
As Fiamma boredly watched Vento lying on the ground a few dozen meters away screaming, he lightly tossed up the chain he had ripped out. He swung the third arm sticking out from his right shoulder and the clear cross shattered.​
The remnants of the broken ice ship collapsed into the plaza and the surrounding villagers frantically moved out of the way. Of course, Fiamma did not look over in that direction at all.​
I guess J.C. couldn't be bothered animating it so it just remained in the background for the duration of the scene.
The Power Of The Right Hand
To elaborate a whole bunch of miracles and special events in the Bible, as well as Christian rituals, are performed using the right hand, so since the Holy Right represents this Fiamma wields that power by extension.
“It’s quite simple. What I possess is not the right arm itself but the power that should reside in the right arm. The right is used in most Christian rituals. Archangel Michael cut down the leader of the fallen angels with his right hand, the Son of God healed the sick with his right hand, the Bible was written with the right hand, and, well, there are many others. In other words, I can freely use a great number of Christian supernatural phenomena. You can figure out the rest. You’re not so incompetent you can’t do that.”​

The Distortion Of The Elements
This was foreshadowed waaaay back during Angel Fall. An angel should normally not be able to lie about their name, being the role imposed upon it by God, and yet archangel Gabriel gave its name as Misha Kreutzev, a name that would fit archangel Michael better don't you think?

“During Angel Fall, it seems the angel that appeared in an imperfect form named itself Misha.”​
That alone, Fiamma said in a melancholic way.​
“Mikhail is another name for Michael. It is not a name fitting for Gabriel. And yet that archangel gave its name, the name that states its role created by God, as Misha. Do you understand how important that fact is?”​
Even more evidence is that, according to the Jewish Kabbalah (later used in Hermeticism and other occult currents), archangel Uriel is connected with the element of Earth and the position of the Left, while it's archangel Rafael that's associated with Wind and the Front. So the Academy City Invasion arc, where it was revealed that Vento was associated with Uriel, provided even more foreshadowing that something was wrong.

“Vento of the Front bears wind, yellow, and Uriel while Terra of the Left bears earth, green, and Raphael, but that is slightly off. Normally, wind goes with Raphael and earth goes with Uriel.”​
Vento’s face held an expression that looked like her heart had stopped.​
Her expression seemed to be saying that the mental damage of having the pillar of her heart toppled was greater than the physical damage to her tongue.​
“No one realizes it.” Fiamma’s words alone resounded through the area. “No one realizes it and yet the world continues on. Magic is activated. Did you know that all four of the major elements have begun to distort slightly? This world is in much more of a crisis than you realize. Someone has to do something about it.”​
And it's this distortion that allowed such crazy events as Angel Fall to happen. Because really, if all it takes to cast a spell of that magnitude is to stuff a bunch of occult symbols into a room and create a magic circle the world should have been accidentally destroyed a hundred times over in the 5000 years of human civilisation.

This is also why Fiamma's Holy Right, despite being incomplete, is able to be used. Normally Fiamma should not be able to wield this power.

Why Wasn't Touma Dead After Getting Hit By Fiamma?
Touma was wondering the same thing. Given the power it displayed it should've shredded him. But then Touma comes up with the theory that perhaps the Holy Right doesn't just physically harm an opponent, it might just automatically use the exact amount of power to beat an opponent. It doesn't merely harm people, it instantly defeats them.

As if it were fulfilling its natural role, Kamijou’s body was knocked away. It was a primitive strike like swinging a wooden rod, but that was why there could be no doubts about it. Pain ran through Kamijou’s organs and even his backbone. But it was odd. That strike had shattered that giant anchor and destroyed the ship itself in a single strike, so it should have smashed a human body to pieces.​
Perhaps its given role had been automatically selected to emit the perfect amount of power to knock away Kamijou Touma.​
Fiamma was not like a Saint that pushed through with power and speed.​
Using a battle in an RPG as an example...​
What if there was a ridiculous command of “defeat” among the usual commands of “fight”, “defend”, “magic”, and “item”.​
Most likely, Fiamma would respond in the same way to Kanzaki or Acqua and he would defeat them just the same. It didn’t matter if his speed or strength were inferior. His exceedingly overwhelming “power” ignored any actions taken by his opponent and simply crushed them. It was like pushing a giant wall along to flatten a sand hill made by a child.​
Why Did No One Stop Fiamma From Grabbing Sasha?
Because Fiamma moved way faster in the novel. No one could stop him in time.

He swung his third arm.​
Kamijou was frozen in place due to Fiamma’s words, so he could not react.​
However, he was not aiming for Kamijou.​
Fiamma’s strike hit Sasha Kreutzev who was still collapsed in the plaza.​
“One for now.”​
The next thing Kamijou knew, Fiamma’s third arm was holding the small girl.​
He had completely ignored the distance between them.​
The arm had shot out like a whip and wrapped back up like a chameleon’s tongue.​
The Woman With Her Daughter Are The Ones Touma Saved
Yep, this is the place the people Touma saved off-screen I mentioned last time fled to.

“Yes, they do. It seems a nearby village was attacked by the Russian army, but they were apparently saved by an Asian boy while en route to the concentration camp. More people fled here than normally live here.”​
Hamazura Encountering A Russian Soldier
An entire character is also cut out of the anime, as before the privateers attacked Hamazura and his Russian friend (named Digurv by the way) hid from an incoming Russian soldier, until he collapsed in the snow.

The Russian soldier who had been walking along sluggishly suddenly collapsed onto the snow.​
Turns out he was carrying something to a nearby airbase, but it got attacked by Academy City forces so he was forced to flee and succumbed to the cold. Well doesn't this sound familiar?

When they flipped the face-down soldier onto his back, they noticed his face had turned blue and purple in places.​
“He has frostbite,” said Digurv.​
The soldier looked up at Hamazura and Digurv with his almost closed eyes and muttered something in Russian. Hearing that, Digurv looked over at Hamazura.​
“He asked us to help him. He said he was carrying ‘something’ to a nearby air force base, but the base was attacked by Academy City before he got there. It seems the cold was too much for him without his outdoor gear. …We certainly have gotten a lot of visitors today.”​
Afterwards Digurv decided to save the soldier, despite not being fond of Russian troops, because not saving him won't change their situation the least bit.

Hamazura Thinking Of Torturing The Soldier For Information
Hamazura reasoned that, since the soldier is carrying something Academy City apparently wants to get their hands on, he can use that to negotiate with Academy City for his and Takitsubo's safety. He briefly considered torturing him to get the information, but quickly decides against it.

If Academy City had attacked for a reason other than the official reason for the war… In other words, if they had attacked because they were targeting whatever it was that was being brought to the air force base, that something might work as a means of negotiating with Academy City.​
And an Academy City force had attacked the air force base that something was supposed to be headed for.​
Didn’t that mean it was possible it hadn’t made it to the unit’s hands yet?​
Hamazura glanced over at the side of the Russian soldier’s face.​
He doubted an amateur high school student like himself would be able to get any information from a professional soldier who regularly trained and who had experience in real battle. However, he may have a chance with the man in such a weakened state.​
After calculating that much out, Hamazura spoke.​
“…God dammit. I wouldn’t be able to look Takitsubo in the eye if I did that.”​
Digurv's Village Has Been Attacked By Privateers A Fair Few Times Before
They were able to use cars to flee every time until now though, leaving behind enough loot to satisfy the bandits, but since the privateers have better equipment courtesy of the Russian army and the village has no fuel but the small amount to run the generator they can't do that this time.

“We’ve already had a few attacks from privateers,” Digurv said in almost a whisper.​
He had already said that the Russian army was after the land the village was on in order to create a base from which to invade the Elizalina Alliance of Independent Nations.​
And he had said that they had scattered landmines from transport planes.​
“However, we have always managed to detect their approach and run away before they can actually attack. They destroy all the buildings and steal everything of value, but we managed to divide things up to leave decoys. That left us with enough left over to rebuild with.”​
“Th-then, we just have to…”​
“…The situation is different now. Because of World War III, the Russian army has given the privateers new equipment. We can’t get away this time. We can’t escape on foot from the armored vehicles they are using and we do not have the firepower needed to resist them.”​
“You’ve gotta be kidding…”​
Digurv had said they didn’t have the fuel needed to run the generator. It was possible that also meant they could not use any vehicles to escape on.​
They couldn’t use their usual pattern.​
What would happen then?​
Accelerator’s Narration Was Dialogue In The Novel
Yeah, Worst mentions her being the accumulation of the Sisters' hatred right after mentioning the Sisters feel this way. No clue why they changed this around, because this implies she told him off-screen for an unknown reason. Once thing not mentioned however is that the chemical balance of her brain was altered to achieve this result.

“If you want to soak in that sentimental delusion of yours and deny Misaka’s words, that’s fine. But what Misaka is saying is already being proven to you. This Misaka, Misaka Worst, has had the secretion patterns of the substances in her brain intentionally adjusted so that she can easily display the negative emotions that the other Misakas cannot. Misaka can easily read the negative emotions from the giant network. As such, she has proven that the other Misakas do have hatred and that they simply cannot express it. …And that applies to all Misakas including Last Order!!”​

Worst Has Countermeasures For Accelerator's Choker
In case it came to a fight she could somehow prevent him from using his powers.

“It looks like Misaka’s countermeasure for your electrode may have been unnecessary.” Electricity sparked from the bangs visible at the edge of the mask. She may have been attempting to jam the signal with her electrical powers. Or perhaps she was directly interfering with the Misaka Network.​
When Accelerator did finally attack her however she was in too much pain to concentrate to use it. Seems like flawed design to me.

It seemed Misaka Worst had a means of interfering with Accelerator’s electrode, but he did not give her the chance to use it. The continuous pain prevented her from concentrating long enough to use her power.​
Worst Can Predict Accelerator’s Actions
In the novel Accelerator went straight for the face with earth once he thought Worst was a fake, but she dodged it in time, hitting just her mask. Turns out that, being connected to the Misaka network Accelerator is using to calculate, she can read and thus predict his actions.

“It’s no use,” said the attacker without even a smile on the face that would be the one Last Order could have when she became the same age as high schoolers. “You use the Misakas’ network for your calculations. Misaka is part of the Third Season, so she can monitor the activities of the Misaka Network and read what your next attack will be. It’ll take quite something to fatally wound this Misaka. [...]”​
If Worst Was Only There To Kill Accelerator And Not Last Order, Accelerator Would Let Her
Oh yeah, if one of the Sisters wanted to kill just him he would consider it atonement and let it happen. But because Worst was also trying to kill Last Order (which she told him earlier in the novel) he couldn't let that happen and tried to stay alive to find another way to resolve the situation.

The answer thrust before him was quite simple.
It was kill or be killed.
However, that did not apply only to Accelerator.
If it did, he would just give up and let her finish him off.
The problem was the fact that Last Order was wrapped up in the assassination.
It was not the same as destroying some lowly thug.
Nor was it a situation where giving up his own life would solve everything.
Neither way would save them.​
Accelerator Caused The Deployment Of The Third Season
Aleister started preparing her after the Academy City Invasion arc, just in case. But it wasn't until Accelerator and Last Order fled nearly two weeks ago that the decision to replace the entire Misaka Network, having become uncontrollable, was made.

Academy City was carrying out some kind of experiment. He knew that Aiwass was involved in that plan and that the Sisters and their network were being used for it.
“But the board of directors wants to maintain control of the Misaka Network at all times, so I’m guessing the major decision to redo the Network wasn’t made until Last Order went missing. Everything would’ve been fine if you hadn’t needlessly taken her away and now it’s come back to bite you in the ass.”​
Worst Is Around Level 4
The ordinary Sisters are only Level 2 or 3, so Worst is quite an upgrade. She has 1/5th of Mikoto's output.

“I don’t have the output of the Original, but Misaka can still manage two hundred million volts. That’s around Level 4.”​
Worst Considers Her Life Hell, And Blames Accelerator For It All
Oh yeah. Her only purpose in life is to kill Accelerator or die trying, she had her brain chemistry messed with, underwent surgery to be implanted with electronics, is forced to constantly feel hatred, and has any chance for a normal life or future taken away from her. And she was even programmed to kill herself if Accelerator beat her. All because Accelerator decided to leave with Last Order, something she had no influence over as she wasn't even born yet. No wonder she feels she is justified in killing him (not that she is, of course).

“Misaka was created in order to kill you. Misaka didn’t particularly want to be born, but she was forced to do so. In order to cut off the signals from Last Order, her skin was cut open and a bunch of strange sheets and selectors were embedded within. If it weren’t for you, none of that would have happened. If you hadn’t made that decision, Misaka would never have been born. And even if she had been, it would not have been in that way that cut off all chance for a future. ‘It hurts. Help.’ By the time Misaka learned those words, she was already in a situation where she could not say them. That is why Misaka has the right to blame you. That is why she has a reason to kill you.”​
I Can See Why Worst Hates Accelerator, But Why Doesn't She Care About Killing Last Order?
You know the saying "the old me is dead, long live the new me?" Well, seems that when you're part of a thought network that phrasing can be interpreted literally. Replacing old units with new ones doescreate an upgraded network, so Worst views this as deprecating old equipment.

It seemed almost like a cannibalistic situation, but if the Sisters were thought of as single existence ruled by the large network, then what she said made sense using normal human thought patterns.
Humans thought of convenient things.
That isn’t the real you. There is wonderful talent hidden within you. To draw it out, you need to become the real you. Abandon the old you.
Normal humans used that type of convenient idea when it came to mental concepts. But the Sisters were a giant network made up of multiple bodies. The idea of “abandoning the old you” could be taken quite literally with them.
(…Ah.)
The desire to stop their spontaneous “progress” and have them remain exactly the same was nothing but his ego. It was much like a parent’s desire for their child to always remain a child. It was nothing more than robbing them of their freedom.​
Worst Was Hit In The Arm Rather Than The Chest
Once again not sure why they changed this, it's a lot more reasonable that she didn't instantly die when she was hit in the arm.

The nail flew accurately towards Accelerator’s forehead at over the speed of sound.
Accelerator did not evade it. He did not swing his head to the side or even shut his eyes.
Even so, not a millimeter of his skin was torn and not a drop of his blood was shed.
He had reflected it.
The nail flew back and accurately stabbed into Misaka Worst’s arm. There was no hesitation in Accelerator’s actions. [...]​
What Happened To Worst? Why Did She Start Bleeding From Her Head?
Those were the selectors made to reject Last Order's commands rupturing, sending the fragments deep in her body causing internal bleeding.

It was the sound of the selectors embedded within Misaka Worst’s body rupturing.​
Worst of all (pun very much intended) she was programmed to do this herself.

Selectors had been embedded in her body in order to reject signals from Last Order. She had detonated them of her own will. The explosions had been exceedingly small ones, but many fragments were sent deep into her body. Normally, there would have been no way to save her.​
Worst Was Designed To Destroy Accelerator No Matter How The Fight Turned Out
Yep. If Worst won, Accelerator and Last Order would be dead. If Accelerator killed her Worst would be dead, and Accelerator would be dead emotionally and mentally. If Accelerator only defeated her and didn't kill her (as happened here) she would detonate the selectors and kill herself regardless. If Accelerator fled, Worst would exclaim she would kill herself if he did, and do it if he though she was bluffing. If her reconciled with her somehow her programming would make her kill herself nonetheless.

This battle was designed by Academy City to only ever end two ways: With Accelerator and Last Order dead, or Worst dead due to Accelerator's actions and Accelerator mentally broken as a result. How truly horrifying.

The Academy City bastards had designed Misaka Worst’s body so that she would definitely end Accelerator’s life no matter what the result of the battle was. She had been made so that Accelerator’s mind would be ripped to shreds even if he used his overwhelming power to only half-kill her.
Up to that point, he had thought they were thinking that weakening him via his trauma and killing him was fine, but he would also be mentally destroyed by the fact that he had killed a Sister even if she lost.
However, he had been wrong.
They hadn’t been that kind.
It wasn’t an issue of whether he won or not.
They had a means of finishing off Accelerator whether he won, lost, tied, fled, reconciled, or brought the situation to any other conclusion. That was the purpose of the girl known as Misaka Worst.
The word “collapse” came to mind.
From a mental standpoint, Academy City’s #1 could be thought of as truly dead.
Accelerator’s heart had been almost completely broken.​

Last edited:

Sky

Master of Masters
Global Moderator
Country
Germany
I give them a lot of shit but the Dragon arc was basically EXACTLY how it was in the novel. So it is not fair to blame them here.
You aren't supposed to know everything yet. Especially regarding Aiwass.

Damn though. The second op is just stunning.

Lessar is brilliant. A jailbait lawsuit just waiting to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)