- Joined
- Apr 11, 2010
- Messages
- 6,218
- Reaction score
- 3,041
- Age
- 34
- Country
-
Well once again you managed to to give a perspective on something TK related. God I hate Eto and Arima plan so I hope your right they had another in mind. But it really does seem like that was there only plan waiting for a ghoul strong enough to kill him. Honestly it's a blight on Tokyo Ghoul for me because that's how stupid I find it. Why do you think they never tried to destroy V themselves?You raise questions that I have dwelt on myself, so rather than schooling you, I can give you my interpretation of the matter.
From what I've seen, Eto never really mentioned peaceful coexistence, she only advocated ghoul freedom. She says she wants ghouls to stop being persecuted for what they are, but the details about how to make peace with humans and allow both species to live in relative harmony don't seem to figure into her design.
If we assume this, then it starts to make more sense why she never even attempted to portray ghouls in a way for humans to see that they aren't all monsters, instead shaping Aogiri Tree into an aggressive organization that either lured powerful human-hating ghouls into their ranks or coerced weaker ones into joining against their will, while directly opposing that very institution - the CCG - which, at the end of the day, is perceived by humans as the only line of defense against ghouls running free to murder and eat them all.
The biggest irony, in my opinion, lies in the consideration that while Eto's idol and inspiration was her human mother, she doesn't seem to care about humans as a whole at all - and while her father is the person she hated the most because of his opposite approach toward the goal of "breaking the birdcage", it might have been just Yoshimura's influence over Kaneki and Anteiku that lead him to become the One-Eyed King and create the possibility of humans and ghouls finally understanding each other.
Lastly, yes, the plan to wait for an adequate one-eyed ghoul to appear sounds really bad, so I guess it came up as a lucky occurrence which led Arima and Eto to change their original plans accordingly. Had there been no Kanou and no Kaneki, they would probably have tried something else, something I suppose would have been closer to Aogiri's brute-force methods.
Last edited:




We thought you got kidnapped at that convention or something..

